Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 13-03-18, 09:18   #71
Saratova

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljubinko View Post
Thanks to Victor and Red Lion for source code.
How large is it, filesize-wise, btw?
Saratova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-18, 09:43   #72
Joey79100

55.4 MB, but actually 42.3 MB if you don't count the backup folders that are in there (from TR2 it seems).
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-18, 12:04   #73
Dustie

It's even less than that without the level files. The TR2 backup part is rather crucial, I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain19 View Post
Later when the situation is a little calmer, I would like to learn what happened to make Git-hub close the site so fast! I really didn't expect that and thought that with the level of SE interest, it would take several months before a lawyer told them to do something?
It's a service aimed at programmers and I think they have efficient tools to quickly asses reports of copyrighted content being shared without permission. One user report was probably enough for them to take a look and take it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40Fathoms View Post
It's just speculation on my end but I guess there was no lawyer involved. The Realtech guys possibly use private Github repositories to host their code but forgot the tick the corresponding checkbox for the TOMB3 repository. When they noticed that tiny faux-pas they quickly'ish rectified it.
That would have been a pretty embarrassing mishap, but I guess that's possible.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-18, 12:21   #74
Saratova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
It's a service aimed at programmers and I think they have efficient tools to quickly asses reports of copyrighted content being shared without permission. One user report was probably enough for them to take a look and take it down.
Funny thing is, without attention things can just slip by even if they're public. The Opera 12 browser source code for example was hosted on Github for about a year before anyone discovered it/brought it to wider attention.

Last edited by Saratova; 13-03-18 at 12:52.
Saratova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-18, 12:38   #75
ljubinko
Inactive

I didn't know that TR2 playstation version run on 60fps with retroarch core mednafen beetle hw on high internal resolution with vulkan renderer and with widescreen hack, or i'm blind or not, i use low end gpu r7 250 1gb because of that i have around 55fps who have strong gpu its easy to catch 60fps, here is screenshot

Last edited by ljubinko; 13-03-18 at 15:33.
ljubinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-18, 12:47   #76
SLAYER

I think it's some form of denterlacing doubling the frame rate.

Last edited by SLAYER; 13-03-18 at 12:48.
SLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-18, 12:52   #77
ljubinko
Inactive

Probably, but nice to play on 60fps even playstation version.

Edit: I figured it out, its internal framelimit option in mednafen beetle option is real fps and its still on 30fps.

Last edited by ljubinko; 13-03-18 at 14:10.
ljubinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-18, 14:39   #78
Alain19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratova View Post
Funny thing is, without attention things can just slip by even if they're public. The Opera 12 browser source code for example was hosted on Github for about a year before anyone discovered it/brought it to wider attention.
That's what I meant: without active monitoring of the internet, somebody interested in Tomb Raider things must have seen it, and instead of reacting normally by being happy, decided to make a complaint! That's why the speculation of 40Fathoms of an embarrassing or deliberate mishaps make sense!
Alain19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-18, 14:55   #79
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratova View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain19 View Post
That's what I meant: without active monitoring of the internet, somebody interested in Tomb Raider things must have seen it, and instead of reacting normally by being happy, decided to make a complaint! That's why the speculation of 40Fathoms of an embarrassing or deliberate mishaps make sense!
Yes, we just had more attention brought to this despite Tomb Raider being a lot, lot more obscure than the Opera browser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljubinko View Post
Probably, but nice to play on 60fps even playstation version.

Edit: I figured it out, its internal framelimit option in mednafen beetle option is real fps and its still on 30fps.
The games were supposedly capped to 30FPS due to how rendering of the 3D graphics was interwoven with game logic. I wonder how Realtech dealt with this, but I guess he did whatever work there had to be done to change the old method to a modern one.
Please resize your screenshot, it's stretching the forum page.

EDIT:
The remasters aren't a done deal just yet, it seems... or is it just about the mods?
https://twitter.com/realtech_VR/stat...69030172753920

Either way I hope they greenlight it...

Last edited by Dustie; 13-03-18 at 15:17.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 20:49   #80
ggctuk

I would like a copy myself so I can study it. It might come in handy for my uni course later this year.

Last edited by ggctuk; 15-03-18 at 23:08.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote