www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Debate and Political Discussion

Old 04-05-17, 16:34   #831
Brendanlovesu1
Historian

I am absolutely speechless. Translation from the Frankfurter Allgemeine about the infamous Junker and May reunion.

https://medium.com/@20sthredhead/i-t...en-ac5f952b92e

When something is wrong and it's their fault they start citing "election interference" from X, Y, Z

Give me a break

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39787353

Theresa May has accused European politicians of making "threats" against Britain to try to influence the general election result. The PM launched a stinging attack on the "bureaucrats of Brussels" in a speech outside 10 Downing Street after meeting the Queen. She said some in Brussels wanted Brexit talks to fail and that the European press had "misrepresented" the UK's negotiating stance.
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-17, 19:22   #832
paulwork
Archaeologist

^ yup - that's what I was referring to in my previous post. She really is showing her true colors.

Brussels deliberately interfering - yeah right. She was the one who "deliberately" timed a general election after it was previously ruled out. She is the one who only moments ago shrugged off the whole dinner debacle as gossip and now she's foaming at the mouth about it. 5 Gs purrrlease!

She is the one who demonstrates at every opportunity and situation she is a control freak who simply can't handle rapport building and influencing others of different views. Time and time again. Without fail. Her behavior is already predictable, so we can pretty much predict how domestic uk affairs/government/world relations will be under her for the next few years.

It seems she just can't stand the fact that she can't control and manipulate things to keep her dealings secret from "the people" and that the EU will eventually publish every stage of procedings (in multiple languages) when june comes.

Its sad that she will be courting the ukip mentality. Those voters eat that sh%@ up - every word she says.

Last edited by paulwork; 04-05-17 at 19:51.
paulwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-17, 00:12   #833
mhs1979
Explorer

Seems that May is making things real difficult relative to upcoming negotiations.
mhs1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-17, 13:29   #834
Brendanlovesu1
Historian

I really don't think that those who advocated leaving the EU had a notion of the potential mayhem they were causing to those with aspirations to work abroad, and to those from outside the British Isles who have settled here with their families. Knowing many of these families I know how unsettling this is.

One DUP politician said that he "just wanted to be out of the EU!" Selfish and shortsighted with the ring of jingoism about it.

The regulatory frameworks will continue largely unaltered, but will will have lost the power to regulate. How clever is that?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...jQ&ocid=HPCDHP
Old 12-05-17, 14:50   #835
Cochrane
Gold Contributor

Not sure why the woman in that link thinks it's madness that non-EU citizens aren't allowed to work in EU institutions. It sucks for her, sure, but why would it be surprising?

(If she was saying that Brexit is madness, well, I'm not going to say I disagree, but the overall context makes it clear that she thinks she should be allowed to get a job at the EU even though the British people specifically voted against that.)

Last edited by Cochrane; 12-05-17 at 14:52.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-17, 02:47   #836
mhs1979
Explorer

I could be wrong, but it seems that this decision was not well thought out by those leading the charge against the EU.
Old 16-05-17, 21:02   #837
Brendanlovesu1
Historian

the DUP's Jeffrey Donaldson claims he did due dillegance on the £435,000 donation shuffled to him to campaign against Brexit. But he didn't know the man he got it from has close links to the Saudi intelligence service.

https://opendemocracy.net/uk/adam-ra...s-he-didn-t-kn

High bitchiness. Whoring themselves out to the highest bidder pretending to support Brexit when they knew it would be a disaster for "their wee country" not giving a **** about the consequences. Convincing their voters it was in their interests, when in fact they only supported Brexit for financial favours. They even paid thousands for pro-Brexit newspaper ads in London. what a mess
Old 17-05-17, 02:51   #838
mhs1979
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
the DUP's Jeffrey Donaldson claims he did due dillegance on the £435,000 donation shuffled to him to campaign against Brexit. But he didn't know the man he got it from has close links to the Saudi intelligence service.

https://opendemocracy.net/uk/adam-ra...s-he-didn-t-kn

High bitchiness. Whoring themselves out to the highest bidder pretending to support Brexit when they knew it would be a disaster for "their wee country" not giving a **** about the consequences. Convincing their voters it was in their interests, when in fact they only supported Brexit for financial favours. They even paid thousands for pro-Brexit newspaper ads in London. what a mess
What a terrible mess indeed.
Old 20-05-17, 09:27   #839
Brendanlovesu1
Historian

Are we assured that the funding provided by this secretive group is from ethical sources?

Don't forget that there was a surplus after all expenses were paid after the Brexit media campaign; that surplus, legitimately on the face of it, went straight into DUP coffers.

Lots of unanswered questions?

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/bre...rexit-donation