www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 09-02-18, 23:48   #17521
Boobandie
Professor

You can do it for sure with Wadmerger's Load TR function.

Also any ideas on how to stop Room Viewer from crashing?
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 00:04   #17522
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by turneraider View Post
^
Thank you Titak!

EDIT: I managed to find a download with all TR3 animations, but it seems that it doesn't include the cutscene animations. Could I rip them myself using TRViewer?
They are part of the cutscene "levels" if I remember correctly.
So you should indeed be able to rip them.

And if TRViewer does not work (I've never tried that myself) you could try WADMerger.
Old 10-02-18, 02:41   #17523
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

I wish there was some program to view the rgb color of each room for TR1. I have never came across anything that shows how much the value of Red, Blue and Green is in each room, i'd assume they are all the same number since TR1 never used color lighting but i'd like to view a TR file and be able to check it out to see what number they are.
Old 10-02-18, 13:33   #17524
turneraider
Historian

Yeah I ripped them with WADMerger, thanks!
turneraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 16:16   #17525
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
I wish there was some program to view the rgb color of each room for TR1. I have never came across anything that shows how much the value of Red, Blue and Green is in each room, i'd assume they are all the same number since TR1 never used color lighting but i'd like to view a TR file and be able to check it out to see what number they are.
TR1 and 2 were before coloured lighting in games so they used a universal "ambient" tone.

What the number means I do not know, it fluctuates quite a bit. TR3 finally added RGB values as shown in this screen above the colour palette.

Also note St Paul's looks different to in the final game. They tried to put the dome and railings on the top with statics but appear to have given up. Maybe the top of the tower kept vanishing because the ceiling wasn't high enough in surrounding rooms, or they hit their polygon limit (which I think is why most of the extra statics they added were removed)
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-18, 11:19   #17526
dinne
Explorer

Hi, how to trigger a locust swarm? I've tried to add a random number in the OCB (I think... 16 ? Just to try) and to trigger the object with a normal trigger but nothing happens.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-18, 12:24   #17527
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Anyone know how to use the effects from TR4, specifically from the Senet Game where the pieces finish the end. It looks like a mini version of the TR3 Boss death forcefield thing.. (I can't explain it very well LOL)

I guess I could copy the textures and make a fake animating object or something
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-18, 14:40   #17528
Titak

You can use A82 to add a preset effect to a moveable.
There's the harpy attack effect, the orange baboon effect and the helicopter explosion effect.

Looks like the white effect of that one wraith dissappearing into the statue is not one of the effects.
Neither is the blueish Game of Seneth effect that plays when one of Lara's gamepieces reaches the end of the board. I would love to be able to use that one for one of my own levels. Orange isn't very suiteable there.
Old 14-02-18, 18:14   #17529
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
When I try to open it it says "Access violation at address 0047701D in module 'Rview.exe'. Read of address 0000000C."
Not much loss, I tried it and sadly it's not really useful for what you (and I) would like to do:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...26&postcount=2

There is no tool at the moment which can read lighting from TR level files comprehensively. It's a shame, because I too would love to be able to reproduce some of the light setups from TR3.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 18:09   #17530
dinne
Explorer

How to remove/add inventory items when the level starts?
For example I want to remove the pistols and the binoculars, or to reduce/increase the number of the small medikits.

I have found a list of references but since I'm a beginner in this stuff I don't know how to use them.
If you have ever made a level with these editings please give me the txt file of the script so that I can see how/where to insert the lines I need...
Thanks
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote