www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 19-01-18, 21:43   #1
Opaque79
Archaeologist

Arrow Tomb Raider - Quest For The Golden Armour

EDIT 27/3/2018 - Level is completed and released.

Here we are. My fourth project I am now sharing with everyone. It is in the early stages so far but I decided to share it anyway.

Story
The Golden Armour is a historical relic of great worth. It has been passed on for years with the instruction to keep it hidden and guard it forever.
The 3 Temple Guardians scattered the pieces throughout the temple with the exception of the most valuable piece to them - the Breast Plate. The armour has
been guarded for many years...

The temple has mostly been encased in rock since then, but it is rumoured that the armour as well as the guardians are still there. Over time, many guards have inhabited
the temple to keep the armour protected from outsiders, especially the Breast Plate. Lara has heard the rumours and heads for the temple in question with the intention of obtaining the Golden Armour and refuses to let anything stand in her way...

Planned Levels
Path To The Temple - Completed
Temple Interior - Completed

Complete - Link here http://trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=3024

I was thinking of adding a third level but I am not sure if it is necessary at the moment.

Screenshots

Path To The Temple

Not a lot going on in the second screenshot.

Temple Interior

I want to make a good effort with this one. The plot sounds similar to TR4 but Lara wants the armour for a completely different reason.

Feedback is welcome.

Last edited by Opaque79; 27-03-18 at 10:30.
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-18, 20:17   #2
SCSI Adapter
Hobbyist

It looks very similar to Tomb of Seth
SCSI Adapter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-18, 20:49   #3
Opaque79
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSI Adapter View Post
It looks very similar to Tomb of Seth
That was the general idea for the first level. Referring to that level did help with the lighting along with suggestions from others.
The temple interior will be a mix of Cleopatra's Palaces and The Lost Library. Sticking with the resources supplied with TRLE makes it quite limited but also very simple as well.

I thought I should try to include features in this project that I have not yet used due to either no use or have not been willing to try them. Not sure what features they will be just yet but there is two levels planned currently so they can fit somewhere.
Old 20-01-18, 20:52   #4
DunHill
Student

The setup really looks interesting graphically, waiting for more infos about gameplay and features
DunHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-18, 21:45   #5
Opaque79
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunHill View Post
The setup really looks interesting graphically, waiting for more infos about gameplay and features
This is where I am going to take a better approach. If I think of possible features but don't have a use for, I will not discard the idea but keep it noted down anyway, it could still be used.

If playing the original games, if inspiration comes from there, I shall think about if it can be adapted for this level. Basically, things I should have been trying to do from the start.

With that in mind, I hope I can make this as good as I hope.
Old 21-01-18, 03:49   #6
Krash
Historian

I like the cool, dry atmosphere
Old 21-01-18, 14:12   #7
Opaque79
Archaeologist

Thanks. Took a while to get the result I wanted though.

I have edited the first post to add a screenshot of one of the best caves I have made so far in my opinion. Used a good amount of red light to get that hot atmosphere due to the presence of lava.
Old 22-01-18, 18:02   #8
Danath
Archaeologist

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaque79 View Post
I have edited the first post to add a screenshot of one of the best caves I have made so far in my opinion. Used a good amount of red light to get that hot atmosphere due to the presence of lava.
I love how that place looks! Beautiful cave structures.
An idea for improving it even further would be to add little light bulbs with red colour above the surface, so the hot lava affects how the rocks above look. And even make it a "blinking" light like in TR2 if it's possible.

I'm not a big fan of "gloomy" levels , but it is looking good! Nice job so far.
Old 22-01-18, 18:31   #9
Opaque79
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
I love how that place looks! Beautiful cave structures.
Thanks. I think I may be addicted to building cave structures.

Quote:
An idea for improving it even further would be to add little light bulbs with red colour above the surface, so the hot lava affects how the rocks above look.
Red light caused the walls to look quite dark due to the fact the textures are reddish as well. I could try orange though.

Quote:
And even make it a "blinking" light like in TR2 if it's possible.
I am not sure what you mean. The only blinking lights I can recall in TR2 is the alarms in the offshore levels.

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of "gloomy" levels , but it is looking good! Nice job so far.
Only the first level has this atmosphere, the temple should have a less gloomy atmosphere. Thanks for the comments.

EDIT: Hang on, you mean the areas where the lighting flickers in TR2? I don't know if that's possible.

Last edited by Opaque79; 22-01-18 at 18:32.
Old 22-01-18, 18:38   #10
TombGuardian
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaque79 View Post
Here we are. My fourth project I am now sharing with everyone. It is in the early stages so far but I decided to share it anyway.

Story
Lara has heard rumour that pieces of golden armour are hidden inside a temple deep inside a cave. Lara wants to know for herself...

Planned Levels
Path To The Temple - In progress...
Temple Interior - Not started.

I was thinking of adding a third level but I am not sure if it is necessary at the moment.

Screenshots

Not a lot going on in the second screenshot.

I want to make a good effort with this one. The plot sounds similar to TR4 but Lara wants the armour for a completely different reason.

Feedback is welcome.
First Tomb of Seth-like level! I love the screens, specially the third one(with the light coming from the ceiling )
The fourth screen cave geometry is pretty good( I love those rock columns ), but I don't like the lava that much
TombGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote