Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Fan and Community Showcase > Competitions

Old 28-07-11, 14:49   #11
Craig Michaels

A little more than a week to go! Post your entries guys . . . get Lara Croft dressed to kill!
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-11, 17:49   #12
merder

Well here is my entry hope you like it and hope I won't be only 1 of 2 entries(but knowing how many last minute entries often come i doubt that'd be true)

Quote:
Lara croft: Gunfight under the opera

I don't know how it happened but it happened. What I do know is i'm glad that Linda's henchmen were terrible shots. Anyway better start at the beginning.

A few weeks ago I was practicing my accuracy at Croft manor when the mailman gave me a heavy letter. Literally a heavy letter. 5 Kilograms to be exact. After weighing it I opened the envelope and read
“Dear Lara I hope this heavy Papyrus grew your attention.
If so come to the 'Grinning Gloves opera' on 28 July at 18:15.
Don't be late or this Business proposal goes to another Archaeologist.
It is recommended that you dress appropriately to not stand out.

With Kind regards Linda Loes”
After I read it I looked where this “Grinning Gloves Opera” was and learned I was a 2 hour drive away from my home. I thought she needed my help finding more of this Papyrus somewhere buried in a tomb. So I decided to accept the invite so I checked if I had a outfit fit for opera. I rummaged trough my closet and grabbed a bright red strapless dress and a pair of 57 centimeter red opera gloves. Winston got me the outfit because he wanted to go to the opera with me once but I wasn't that interested so I kindly told and accepted the outfit as a present which now came in handy.

2 Weeks later I had Winston drive me to the meeting place since driving with such a dress was hell. After we arrived I made my way In and just when I arrived one of the doorman said “Ah miss Croft we have been expecting you. Now please follow me.” then he showed me to a door which lead to the basement of the Opera building. I climbed down the long spiraling staircase. At the bottom was anther door which was locked so I knocked. Moments later a young woman opened the door and she introduced herself as Linda Loes. We sat down at the table and Linda started the 'negotiations' with “Well Lara I knew i'd pique your interest with that 'Papyrus'.”
I heard how she said papyrus but didn't pay too much attention to it just yet so I said “yeah it is heavy stuff so what do you need my skills for?”
Linda smiled as if she thought she had my aid even before I officially said yes and said “Well Lara this 'Papyrus' caught the attention of a rival of me and his subordinates killed the last person I hired to protect fortunately the ones remaining couldn't lift the crate with the 'papyrus' in it so they were forced to leave it behind.”.
I was a little confused and said “So you just need me to protect something and not obtaining more?”
Linda confirmed it when she said “yeah pretty much that. Anyway in an hour the last part of the papyrus goes to the professor I hired to translate the text on it.”
Lara was intrigued and asked “Could I take a gander at it?”
Linda was shocked and said “No you can't!”
I was a bit surprised so asked “Why not? If I accept I want to know what I'm protecting.”
Linda clearly didn't want me to know what she actually wanted me to protect so she said “It is just a crate with 'papyrus' with a formu... err ancient text on it.”
this time I clearly knew she was hiding something so I head “Enough with this bull **** tell me what you really want me to do!”
Linda was stunned I figured out so she said “Well darn it! Well I wanted you t protect the formula for the perfect drugs so that if someone opened the crate and saw the fake papyrus in it they thought it of great archaeological value and then bring it to the main translator of Celtic runes in the region or that you successfully protect the crate and bring it to the very same translator. But now that you know I'm afraid that I have no use of you and I can't let you go telling the local authorities of my plans as they already are too close to uncovering my little scheme.” After that she gave her henchmen the signal when they stared shooting at me fortunately none of them where actually good at shooting moving targets so I managed get close to one of them and punch him in the face breaking his nose. After that he dropped his gun which I used to shoot 2 henchmen before it was out of bullets I checked if the downed henchmen had bullets left in their weapons but they were out of ammo. A moment later the firing stopped and Linda said “You incompetent fools you were supposed to kill her and not making Swiss-cheese out of my walls!”
After that she grabbed her own gun killed her own henchmen which surprised me. After the last one was killed she said “See I'm a much better marksman as those idio....” I didn't allow her t finish what she said and punched her in the stomach which made her lose her grip on her pistol and thus she dropped it. When it landed it fired a bullet which ricocheted of the wall trough my dress and somehow in her neck killing her instantly. After that I made my way back up the stairway. When I finally was on top of it I called Winston and said “Let's head home and sorry but now I'm more certain then ever I never want to go to an opera again!”.
hope you liked it and looking forward to reading the entries when voting finally is there.
merder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 18:17   #13
Craig Michaels

Great one merder! Only 5 more days till the competition closes, get your entries in!
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 12:35   #14
merder

Thanks and hope several more entries come(the main reason is since i'm a bookworm i so more stuff to feed that side of me(so yeah even utside the contest i read a lot be it fanstuff be it actual books though there i usually read comics)
Old 05-08-11, 10:38   #15
merder

Ok now i'm surprised that only 2 entries are posted well still is chance though as today is the deadline(dunno which timezone decides the days and as i didn't organize the contest but still first time this late only 2 entries are in)
Old 05-08-11, 18:18   #16
Rai

Only two entries? Aww

I really haven't had a lot of time to write just lately. I started a story, but I don't think I can finish it tonight.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 18:58   #17
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Only two entries? Aww

I really haven't had a lot of time to write just lately. I started a story, but I don't think I can finish it tonight.
Finish the rest as a sequel entry to another competition.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 19:46   #18
merder

sure hope it just doesn't stay at inly 2 because that's no fun no-matter what kind of contest(and i know i wanted t read many entries)
Old 05-08-11, 20:01   #19
larafan25

^I agree.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 20:44   #20
Marluxia15

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
^I agree.
Don't worry guys, my entry is coming in shortly. It's gonna be good!
Marluxia15 is offline   Reply With Quote