Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 30-07-14, 22:54   #1
darksoul

Default Are they gonna recycle and use some Ascension content?

I feel like the title Ascension really fits like "Rise Of.." and yes i know Ascension was the prototype to Tomb Raider 2013 but the Ascension Lara reminds me of the Lara we saw in the trailer of ROTTR and i don't think they just trashed all the concepts and ideas, that i think it would work great in ROTTR like the horse (it looked amazing) because a transport vehicle or animal could be so good. Also in 0:48 it reminds md a lot of ROTTR trailer when Lara is falling http://youtube.com/watch?v=AbJjcBC2rnc idk i think they can or they are recycling from ASCENSION. So what you guys think? Did you want to see some of all Ascension content?
darksoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-14, 23:01   #2
Zique

I wish they would but to make a new IP, not Tomb Raider
Zique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14, 01:18   #3
MissJodieG

NO. Not at all tbh. They could make Ascension a new IP or something but I don't want CD to include any parts of it in RoTR.

I'm also kind of sick of all this talking about Ascension tbh. We don't know much about it and we've only seen some concept arts and less than 3 minutes of unpolished gameplay of it, but people can't seem to stop crying about how it would have been so much better than the reboot.
MissJodieG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14, 01:20   #4
larafan25

Well. I think there is constant recycling of resources. Some textures, models, animations. It makes sense to do so.

I don't know that we'll see any of the ideas from Ascension in this new series as they appear in Ascension, but maybe alter certain themes or ideas to fit the context of this new world. Who knows.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14, 01:41   #5
JosefHare
Inactive

Like Larafan says, it's only natural for them to reuse resources when they can. I don't want to play a game like Ascension ever, but the monster designs were pretty cool, they could reuse them I guess.
JosefHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14, 06:22   #6
Wooxman

Though Ascension looks really interesting, I think that it would be far less Tomb Raider-y than TR2013. If anything then they should make it a new IP, maybe with a fantasy setting.

And I don't really want to ride horses in a TR game. We've got the Assassin's Creed series for this. Lara is more of a vehicle person, the more environmentally unfriendly the better.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14, 06:28   #7
RAID

I thought the concepts from Ascension were the best thing that has happened to the franchise in ages and it's a shame that the content got scrapped. I'd like them to recycle and implement in ROTR
RAID is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14, 06:38   #8
Peterstar101

Most likely, no.

There aren't many textures and items, they could bring in.

I doubt that much content was produced for Ascension anyway.
Peterstar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14, 07:28   #9
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

I'd LOVE to see Ascension as a new IP!
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14, 08:38   #10
Lara_Fan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJodieG View Post
I'm also kind of sick of all this talking about Ascension tbh. We don't know much about it and we've only seen some concept arts and less than 3 minutes of unpolished gameplay of it, but people can't seem to stop crying about how it would have been so much better than the reboot.
Most people say what we don't have would of been better, I mean look at the BETA threads for the Classics and how many people say 'I would of preferred that to what we actually got'.

----

I wouldn't mind certain things from ascension, like the flame thrower maybe. Keep the horse & the child AWAY from TR!
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote