Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Old 31-05-16, 17:05   #11
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix View Post
To me, it is way more questionable to take an already established character and do whatetever they want with it without giving at least a valid alternative suitable for the people they felt behind.
Indeed, but that is what the Legion is fighting for
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-16, 17:15   #12
CheshireBitch

An outfit is different from a hairstyle. That's it. It's important that CD make the choice of her body and default clothes because it's these things that make her character. Even if we don't like it sometimes, it reflects who she is in the game and what kind of woman she is. It's not an RPG. Lara has her features (which are different from one game to another) and that's what make her full and "alive". With the option of changing everything she just becomes a doll. And she Will loose her constancy as a character.

Bonus outfit are different deal because they are a bunch of clothes "choosed" by Lara. And so she "choose" her haircut too.

If you want to change her look just go using TRLE, that's what it's made for. (Or download Kim Kardashian Hollywood since it looks like you want a virtual doll)
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-16, 17:18   #13
Nigel Cassidy

None of these arguments look valid to me, but since neither of us are gonna be persuaded I'd say we call it a day...
Old 31-05-16, 18:30   #14
CheshireBitch

That we don't agree with each other is okay, but saying that my arguments are not valid is not okay. In my honest opinion my arguments are not valid for you because I'm not saying that your right. And I presume that I will finish on your ignore list if I keep talking about my opinion...
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-16, 18:37   #15
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
That we don't agree with each other is okay, but saying that my arguments are not valid is not okay. In my honest opinion my arguments are not valid for you because I'm not saying that your right. And I presume that I will finish on your ignore list if I keep talking about my opinion...
No you won't. I put rude and obnoxious people on my ignore list and you are not that. I am saying that I disagree with your arguments, but I see no point in discussing this further.
Old 31-05-16, 18:43   #16
_Doppie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
What he wants is a Lara Croft: Xtreme Beach Volleyball game. I am pretty sure his next thread will be a request thread for such a game.
I am on his ignore list.
I don't know if Xtreme Beach Volleyball game has such customization but I'm fairly against that "doll" point of view he's spreading.

Lara Croft is an established character with her own hairstyle, clothes and body. This is her style. You like her the way she is or you get out. Players aren't supposed to change Lara Croft for themselves, you accept her the way she is or you get out. Her clothes and hairstyles are supposed to be her choices instead of player's choices.

That's why I think, he should rather go for The Sims. The Sims doesn't have any established characters, you simply create the character you want to play. This is what he wants.

But I agree, next thread will be about Lara Croft in bikini on the beach.
_Doppie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-16, 18:56   #17
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Doppie_ View Post
But I agree, next thread will be about Lara Croft in bikini on the beach.

Then it will lead to breast and butt physics. I am not completely against his idea. Just that it should be done in moderation without ruining the immersion keeping in line with the tone of the game.

In my defence I was neither rude nor obnoxious. I was trying to have a friendly chat with the guy even though I didn't agree with him. Then BOOM. He snapped and up the ignore list I went. Here is the thread.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...213234&page=16
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-16, 19:09   #18
_Doppie_

I know I know, this is Nigel. He doesn't like people with a different vision. They are "problem people" as he said.

Fair enough, the day someone will request for butt/breasts/overall body customization, I'll start question myself why people play Tomb Raider after all.
_Doppie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-16, 20:50   #19
laracroft1997

he was just sharing an idea. this forum...
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Doppie_ View Post
Tomb Raider isn't The Sims.
Tomb Raider isn't crafting stuff either, and look at what we got..

Last edited by laracroft1997; 31-05-16 at 20:56.
laracroft1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-16, 21:00   #20
Dream

^Ikr? This is why I don't put people on ignore. Wow.

Nigel I like that idea, Its a good way to satisfy all the fans of lara's different
style choices.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote