CGI Anniversary Lara is a goddess
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-16, 05:47   #73
SamCactus101

I seriously love her face her What a queen
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-16, 01:47   #74
Dimitriy

I have just recently replayed TR1 and I cant understand now why so much people doom Crystal. I strongly disagree with people saying they cut things out of the original, it is just simple not true, I am really curious how many of these people even ever played TRI. It is certain that the whole game consist of large almost completly empty rooms and even emptier long corridors, main tasks are just pulling levers and finding keys nothing more. Everything is very simply in TR1. The easiest TR of all, you can run trough levels quickly. Some parts of the level design is questionable, the black sky for example, side characters are totally underdeveloped. TR1 feels very rudimentary. It was fun after all and served as a great basis for TRA. I think with Anniversary Crystal has greatly expanded and advanced TR1. Its much more complex and challenging, puzzles are something that you can stuck with for days, visuals are beautiful even to this day, music is so athmospheric. And the most important addition is that they made the story, mythology, characters more serious and dramatic and this breathes life into the game.

In my opinion Tomb Raider Anniversary is one of the best adventure games out there. Its so sad it recieved just a little attention, it should have been much more succes.

Last edited by Dimitriy; 12-11-16 at 01:49.
Dimitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-16, 13:52   #75
Avalon SARL

I think out of all the tomb raider games, count the reboot in, TRA had the best puzzles.
SFF and the EGYPT Levels speak for that.

TRA is my fav behind TR4 and TR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitriy View Post
I have just recently replayed TR1 and I cant understand now why so much people doom Crystal. I strongly disagree with people saying they cut things out of the original, it is just simple not true, I am really curious how many of these people even ever played TRI. It is certain that the whole game consist of large almost completly empty rooms and even emptier long corridors, main tasks are just pulling levers and finding keys nothing more. Everything is very simply in TR1. The easiest TR of all, you can run trough levels quickly. Some parts of the level design is questionable, the black sky for example, side characters are totally underdeveloped. TR1 feels very rudimentary. It was fun after all and served as a great basis for TRA. I think with Anniversary Crystal has greatly expanded and advanced TR1. Its much more complex and challenging, puzzles are something that you can stuck with for days, visuals are beautiful even to this day, music is so athmospheric. And the most important addition is that they made the story, mythology, characters more serious and dramatic and this breathes life into the game.

In my opinion Tomb Raider Anniversary is one of the best adventure games out there. Its so sad it recieved just a little attention, it should have been much more succes.
TR was fine for the year of its release.... 20 years ago it was something outstanding and although easy, people had this awe feeling about how creative it was.

Comparing TR1 to todays gaming is wrong.
But I also disliked it because it was the last one I played after all the other classics and it felt so empty compared to the rest

Last edited by Avalon SARL; 30-12-16 at 13:55.
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-16, 15:13   #76
wearemany

This game is 9.5/10 IMO. It would be 10/10 if it weren't for the dull colors and long corridors. It's one of the TR games I replayed the most, it's so ****in' good.
wearemany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-16, 15:16   #77
Lillie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
I think out of all the tomb raider games, count the reboot in, TRA had the best puzzles.
SFF and the EGYPT Levels speak for that.

TRA is my fav behind TR4 and TR2

TR was fine for the year of its release.... 20 years ago it was something outstanding and although easy, people had this awe feeling about how creative it was.

Comparing TR1 to todays gaming is wrong.
But I also disliked it because it was the last one I played after all the other classics and it felt so empty compared to the rest
It is interesting that many people think so. For me, TR1 was the most enjoyable one of the core games. TR2 had some creative level design but there was too much action for my taste (I am not a fan of the combat system in core games, maybe, except AOD even though the controls were outdated even at that time. I loved the Louvre levels).

I agree that TRA is the best TR game from crystal - amazing levels aswell and I loved how they got creative with the boss fights in comparison to TR1. I also gotta mention that I experienced that feeling of being alone by myself there, this is something that I cannot say about other TR games from crystal.
Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 04:42   #78
King Ultra

I Like it,its a really good game,is it the best TR,No,but its not the worst i would play it again,Actually i might do that soon,i really enjoyed it the first time,and replayed it a few times,but its been awhile,i might go back and revisit it
King Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote