Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider on Mobile

Old 14-10-15, 12:59   #1
NoahCrofRaider

Default Could an iOS port of Tomb Raider 3 next?

Just a thought I've had for a while now is that TR1 and TR2 have been ported to iDevices(iPhones,iPads,etc) but TR3 hasn't. Since they released TR2 in December of last year I think that a TR3 port would also come out in December or it would come out early 2016. Maybe a TR3 port could be a celebration of Tomb Raider's anniversary? Maybe,maybe not. I say that because TR3 is a long and difficult game,(although it's not as long as TR4 ) but I do feel like a TR3 iOS port with great HD textures would be a pretty good way to celebrate TR's anniversary. Although with ROTTR coming out,maybe this all wouldn't happen YET. But I guess we all have dreams,but personally I'd like to see a TR3 port.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-15, 06:36   #2
michaeldt

I hope so, but I heard that the source code for TR3 isn't available anymore, and thus a port may not be very possible :/.
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-15, 12:02   #3
NoahCrofRaider

That kinda stinks. But,I guess we'll have to just wait and see what happens.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-15, 20:11   #4
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
I hope so, but I heard that the source code for TR3 isn't available anymore, and thus a port may not be very possible :/.
They did say exactly that about the source code for TR1 too. But the company that ported TR1 and TR2 to iOS confirmed they did indeed have the source code for TR1. Hopefully this is also the case with TR3.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-15, 20:22   #5
TheMadModder

I really do hope they have it. Love how the original classics keep going even on new devices
TheMadModder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-15, 20:41   #6
CheshireBitch

I don't understand how they can't port the game since TR3 was released for Mac so we could at least have a port for Iphone since it's designed for apple computers. People in here ported TR3 levels into the TR2 IOS app (not fully working because of missing animations for Lara like monkey swing)
And some people here port TR1 gold (PC) on PS1.

Source code is bull**** imo...
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-15, 20:45   #7
Trenton

So, if I remember correctly TR1 and TR2 was released for iOS December 2013 and 2014 respectively. We're not too far away from December 2015, has there been any news or rumours that they are even working on a port of TR3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
Source code is bull**** imo...
This would make for a nice signature
Old 26-10-15, 20:46   #8
Joey79100

If they make the port, I guess they would make about 25% of the game with HD textures and the rest would stay identical.

Anyway, if they have to release other TRs for new platforms, I hope they'll release several games at one time instead of doing one, then the next one after a year, etc... It was interesting with TR1 and TR2, because when they made TR1 you couldn't really know they were gonna make TR2, it was the surprise, but now that they have made the 1 and 2, I think they should directly tell if they're gonna continue or not. Surprises won't work again.
Just imagine: "Well maybe we're gonna do the next one but not sure, only if we're not too lazy, but we won't tell you we make it just in case we actually don't make it".
I would find this kinda frustrating. Maybe I'd be the only one though?
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-15, 20:49   #9
Trenton

^I'd rather they release one game every year than none at all though.
I guess it must take time to do this work so maybe they don't have the capacity to port several games at once? If they had that much time on their hands I'm sure they would have completed more of the HD textures. IDK.

I just really hope they port TR3 too!
Old 26-10-15, 21:53   #10
VictorXD

It would look so clustered tbh. It be borderline unplayable, so I don't see it happening. The controls are really bad for the TR1 and 2 ports and there is already so much info on the screen, imagine how it would look with new buttons for sprinting and crouching. TR3 has some pretty tight timed runs, so I can't imagine someone not wanting to tear their hair out using that god awful touchpad trying to complete them.
VictorXD is online now   Reply With Quote