Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 16-07-18, 22:22   #11
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
Classic Lara’s mum was called Andrea? I never knew that, is it in side material?
It's her name in the comics. Core never confirmed it but the comics got Henshingly correct as they were given information about the series and Andrea is a developer name used at Core (the first three levelfiles in Chronicles are named after her) so it was probably what they called her internally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
In my headcanon it's Lara's Aunt (the one who gave her the "Croft Manor" cottage she lives in during the classic games) and Aunt's husband/Lara's Uncle through marriage.

Then I like to pretend Lara's parents are missing/dead so CORE Lara can be the same Lara as LAU haha
That's a weird way to flip it considering the Aunt who gave Lara the house is dead in the classic timeline.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 21:28   #12
FreakRaider

wait, those people are supposed to be lara's parents... core what were you thinking
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 04:37   #13
Boobandie

Presumably "It'd fit well for the scene to have them at Lara's memorial so it isn't just Winston. And we can give a little background storytelling with how they are separate from him in the framing."

It's kind of cool that they're there. We see so little of Lara's relatives in the classics.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 16:04   #14
Craig Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
Interesting. Where did you get this from? I don't remember any of the games saying something about this
http://www.*****************/article1.html

Or, more succinctly, from the Tomb Raider 1 manual:

"Lara Croft, daughter of Lord Henshingly Croft, was raised to be an aristocrat from birth. After attending finishing school at the age of 21, Lara's marriage into wealth had seemed assured, but on her way home from a skiing trip her chartered plane had crashed deep in the heart of the Himalayas. The only survivor, Lara learned how to depend on her wits to stay alive in hostile conditions a world away from her sheltered upbringing. 2 weeks later when she walked into the village of Tokakeriby her experiences had had a profound effect on her.

Unable to stand the claustrophobic suffocating atmosphere of upper-class British society, she realised that she was only truly alive when she was travelling alone. Over the 8 following years she acquired an intimate knowledge of ancient civilisations across the globe. Her family soon disowned their prodigal daughter, and she turned to writing to fund her trips. Famed for discovering several ancient sites of profound archaeological interest she made a name for herself by publishing travel books and detailed journals of her exploits."
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 16:20   #15
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
The manual.
I wonder where my manual is. I only have the physical PS1 release. Otherwise I have it on Steam.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 16:22   #16
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
I wonder where my manual is. I only have the physical PS1 release. Otherwise I have it on Steam.
Not sure if steam includes the manual (check your files? sometimes steam downloads the manual in with the game files).
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 16:29   #17
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Not sure if steam includes the manual (check your files? sometimes steam downloads the manual in with the game files).
Steam usually does. I have never checked for the classics though. It's much more fun to look in the physical manual and I used to love that as a kid.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 17:29   #18
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
Steam usually does. I have never checked for the classics though. It's much more fun to look in the physical manual and I used to love that as a kid.
Yeah Physical manuals were great, too bad they're mostly gone and are mostly just controller layouts nowadays.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 22:36   #19
trin_303

To reply to the first post, now that would be an amazing easter egg! Love the idea!
trin_303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-18, 21:31   #20
zenazic

[IMG]http://*****************/images/articlesandinterviews/article93/screen26.jpg[/IMG]

It's actually just a reused model of Natla. About the resemblance, I'm not so sure. Scully has shorter hair. The only time you see Scully with long hair is in the pilot episode of The X Files.

Plus she's holding some flowers. I don't think special agents working for the Federal Bureau of Investigation would just place them in the graves of the victims they investigate. Or I guess there could be the case in which they could admire her, since she's technically a world renowned archaeologist.
zenazic is offline   Reply With Quote