www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Fan Artwork, Pictures, Movies and Writings

Old 11-09-17, 09:30   #3141
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiajun View Post
2.-On top of this, there is a sensible input lag. Again, this might be my computer being a little slow now, but even after pushing everything down to PSP graphics there´s still some delay in response time. This is the last thing you want in a platforming game with crumbling floors and spikes in walls. The trap gauntlet that ends the original Great Wall will be hair-pulling maddening with this delay.
Noooo, it's not input lag! It's Lara having more weight! Just kidding. You're right, there's slight input lag which makes platforming slower than it could be. And I agree with everything else you wrote.

Last edited by Wooxman; 11-09-17 at 09:31.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 10:59   #3142
Mani_Man
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Overall opinion in a forum.. Ok now it makes sense. A forum that causes talented people not commenting and leaving it.
I've been much longer in here than you to know most members comment habbits here, and you are the same.
Get off your high horse and deal with the fact that it is a demo. By a few people, without budget and a huge ass development company.
In other words enjoy what you get for free at the moment, come back to amuse me when the whole game is finished.
Capisce?
A forum that dared to be more then mindless sheeps by giving real criticism about a persons work who was then so bitter about this that the person decided to leave.
Check your facts on how this all has gone down before acting like you know it...would make you look less ridiculous.

Get off YOUR high horse and deal with the fact that people give criticism to a project that someone decided to release.
Yeah i enjoyed it, but i also give the demo critcism so that there is a chance to become better.

I feel like you dont know what a door is or you dont find it, if thats the case then at least sit back and let the grown ups handle this kind of stuff.
Read, learn and try again in 10 years boy.
Entendu?
Mani_Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 11:25   #3143
Gabi
Super Moderator

Exclamation

Mani_Man and Denis, please take this kind of bickering somewhere private (PM/VM) instead of derailing the topic with it.
This thread is for discussing The Dagger of Xian remake, not about what members said or did, and who is sitting on high horses or looking for doors (other than the ones Lara has to find)!

Thank you.

Last edited by Gabi; 11-09-17 at 11:36.
Gabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 12:36   #3144
NYCL@R@
Archaeologist

How was the model created? She resembles Anniversay/TRU Lara in a way but her legs are thicker (which is a good thing)
Old 12-09-17, 21:18   #3145
benjamin_2010
Archaeologist

Arrow

Unfortunately I have not yet played the demo but did just watch another full playthrough, this time in "ultra" settings. WOW

It is so amazing to watch this... to see what Tomb Raider could have been, should have (probably) been in current-gen graphics and gameplay. Watching it, I felt like Crystal D. was getting their ass handed to them by Nicobass (as well as the TR fanbase, by-and-large).

I do have critiques... based on watching only...
- Seems to be a little too much platforming? I felt like this in TRA as well. A little too much "climbing the walls" of a room to reach the top (or bottom, in some cases). More puzzles and traps would go hand-in-hand with less platforming, in my opinion.

- The environments require too much flare usage. I'm all about some dark spaces, but it seemed like the player had to use flares more often than not to see. The original game was not that dark.

- The text/story pickups should 1) be read aloud by the voice actor and 2) not be centered text. It is woefully hard on the eyes to read line after line, paragraphs of text in center alignment.

It would be really great to see this completed. I don't know what Nicobass's plans are from here. But I imagine it's been exhausting to even get this far. He's certainly proven a lot. I desperately wish I could play this on PS4!
benjamin_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 21:34   #3146
kacpy
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin_2010 View Post
- The environments require too much flare usage. I'm all about some dark spaces, but it seemed like the player had to use flares more often than not to see.
I've used flares maybe once in my first playthrough.
kacpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 22:12   #3147
tomee
Tomb Raider

It's possible to turn up brightness but nobody even bothers. I cranked it up all the way to the maximum and the game still looked natural, and at the same time it was much easier to see pickups and I needed maybe 2 flares at most.
Old 14-09-17, 00:40   #3148
benjamin_2010
Archaeologist

Well then I rescind the darkness critique
benjamin_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-17, 01:30   #3149
jackali
Super Moderator

To be fair, it is an issue if you have to turn the brightness up. Nothing wrong with darkness, and people who can't see anything and don't try to turn up the brightness are stupid, but there's a reason that many games have a brightness slider before you start the game to ensure everyone calibrates it properly for their screens.
Old 14-09-17, 07:46   #3150
Avalon SARL
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin_2010 View Post
Unfortunately I have not yet played the demo but did just watch another full playthrough, this time in "ultra" settings. WOW

It is so amazing to watch this... to see what Tomb Raider could have been, should have (probably) been in current-gen graphics and gameplay. Watching it, I felt like Crystal D. was getting their ass handed to them by Nicobass (as well as the TR fanbase, by-and-large).
Indeed

Quote:
I do have critiques... based on watching only...
- Seems to be a little too much platforming? I felt like this in TRA as well. A little too much "climbing the walls" of a room to reach the top (or bottom, in some cases). More puzzles and traps would go hand-in-hand with less platforming, in my opinion.
But it was so realistic.
Platforming is part of TR and being i such deserted ancient places, one can not expect to get somewhere so easily.
You need to stay focused, and look for where you have to go.
There are even many places where you can go but it leads no where

This is challenging; not a straight forward pathway marked with paint

Quote:
- The environments require too much flare usage. I'm all about some dark spaces, but it seemed like the player had to use flares more often than not to see. The original game was not that dark.
Yes it was, but you can always increase brightness in the game settings.