www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future Tomb Raider Games

Old 14-09-17, 02:39   #111
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

I think a lot of us are over it at this point and just want them to announce it.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-17, 09:20   #112
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
I think this game might be facing a troubled development.
That's pretty much confirmed, what with the SAG-AFTRA strike and the stolen MOVA technology.

Quote:
#1: Crystal isn't developing the game and is instead focusing on Avengers.
#2: 2 game directors and both have abandoned the project.
But they were game directors at Crystal while Eidos is developing the next game. So this shouldn't necessarily affect TR's development.

Quote:
#3: We only keep hearing about Rise, Rise and even more Rise 2 years after it was released, as if there's nothing else.
Other companies do the same, though. Ubisoft just ported Rayman Legends to the Nintendo Switch, id Software announced a port of Doom to the Switch, Skyrim has been a topic ever since its first release in 2011, just as GTA V which still gets a lot of updates and even trailers for new online modes. This just happens with successful games nowadays: Publishers don't force developers to throw out the next sequel as long as they can make money with the last game released. I wouldn't be surprised if RotTR would also be ported to the Switch, maybe together with TR2013.

Quote:
#4: Why wasn't shadow presented at E3? Perhaps the product is broken and they know they can't show it.
Even if it was broken, they still could show a CGI trailer.

Quote:
#5: I think this is the most obvious one, they have taken longer than ever in TR history to announce the game. There's never ever been such a long time without even knowing a TR game will come (officially). Not even the title is confirmed. Square has even denied the rumors and the leak.
That's nonsense. Legend was announced in 2005, 2 years after the release of AoD. Sure, RotTR was first released in 2015, but more often than not the latest release date is a better indicator for the release of the next game. And since the last version of RotTR was released in 2016, it's not that long ago that a TR game was released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
SE don't have the habit of confirming leaks and rumors , you can't take their indifference towards the leaked subway pic at face value (For instance , we knew sometime in 2009 about the concept and premises of the reboot via some leaks , but SE hadn't said a word , no denying , no confirming , and then the official announcement of the reboot came in late 2010) , plus CD DID ask for the leaked concept and logo images to be taken down , which IS an indirect confirmation that a third game exists and is under development .
Eidos/Crystal also demanded that the leaked TRAE trailer should be taken down, even though this version of the game wasn't eventually released. And we had leaks of that game with the destroyed city that went never into production. So this should certainly be taken with a grain of salt.
Old 14-09-17, 09:54   #113
Patrick star
Relic Hunter

What game with the destroyed city ?
Old 14-09-17, 10:19   #114
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
What game with the destroyed city ?
Their cancelled game "Downfall".

https://www.unseen64.net/2010/11/09/...ps3-cancelled/
Old 14-09-17, 12:08   #115
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

My theory is:

CD got served with a lawsuit for MOVA, probably way before we knew about it.They had already started working on Shadow when they received the notice. With the strike going on as well, they decided to do the motion capture elsewhere. As the problem seemed to be affecting this particular motion capture studio, they moved the development to a sister studio. Eidos Montreal has been a sister studio for awhile and was already developping assets, so most of the development was moved there, if not all.They were also working on the game engine coding new features. Perhaps, the motion capture is done in Quebec. I'm going to try to look around here and see if I can find something.

I have no clue if Camilla would be back to do it. Maybe, this time they'll make the motion capture separately from the recording. Who knows.

Last edited by amiro1989; 14-09-17 at 12:10.
amiro1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-17, 13:09   #116
Rai

I don't know about Mova for Shadow, but Crystal's new offices has its own motion capture stage. So they wouldn't need to move to another one.
Old 14-09-17, 16:49   #117
AntRaidsTombs
Archaeologist

TR is fine, Meagan said we will be catching up with Lara later this year, Ian said something was coming, some of you guys are just in speculation about the worst because they aren't saying anything. When you expect to much, you get let down. Let them work, when something comes it comes. Be patient.
Old 14-09-17, 17:06   #118
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
TR is fine, Meagan said we will be catching up with Lara later this year, Ian said something was coming, some of you guys are just in speculation about the worst because they aren't saying anything. When you expect to much, you get let down. Let them work, when something comes it comes. Be patient.
Exactly. In Ian's leaving tweet, he specifically said not to infer anything in that regarding CD and TR even saying we should be excited for "what's to come". That doesn't sound like there's anything going wrong with development. There seems to be some feeling that CD/SE are deliberately delaying the announcement for *X bad reason*. They could simply just not be ready. You know, taking their time with the game.
Old 14-09-17, 17:12   #119
Mikky
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
You know you have to announce something when even the most loyal fans start to get impatient lol.
No, it's the opposite: the loyal fans are the ones who get impatient the fastest, as TRF clearly proves. It's when the more casual fans start to get impatient, and judging by Facebook and Instagram comments, everyone and their parents are. And no, nobody cares about the Xbox X update.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-17, 17:47   #120
Mickybyrne20
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
No, it's the opposite: the loyal fans are the ones who get impatient the fastest, as TRF clearly proves.
Yes, I can agree with that. It's just that I start imagining what the perfect Tomb Raider game would look like, which isn't a good thing because my imagination sets the bar HIGH!
I think I'd be a horrible team member at CD, telling people "no" (Lara Croft voice) to every idea presented to me.

Lets just hope we get something soon; screenshot, theme music, trailer, or even Lara's brand new face; because CD are so indecisive ...just anything, PLEASE! lol
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote