Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 09-02-18, 15:57   #21
LateRaider
Inactive

I've never heard of that before. I used Mizuno_Suisei's patch all the way through once and I didn't encounter that though... I can test if you want.

Edit - Dammit, it is broken. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Right here is the area archfiend was talking about. Lara can't push or pull the piece over that spot, even though she can freely move across it.

Last edited by LateRaider; 09-02-18 at 16:34.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-18, 16:54   #22
laravision

^ There are some conflicting stories of this bug occurring. I've dug through some old posts where the bug has been discussed. All this exe coding goes over my head so I'll leave it to you guys to decipher the science behind it. I will point out though, that this bug did not affect my playthrough using annl's HD mod, which originally didn't supply a patched exe, but it was still listed as a potential bug:

Quote:
In The Tomb of Semerket in the room you slide into if you lose the Senet game, at the last puzzle to get the key to open the door to the large rope room, when Lara tries to push the block over the burners a invisible wall prevents Lara from pushing it through the small tunnel resulting in the puzzle being impossible to complete and not being able to get the key.
Other posts from http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=212207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke217 View Post
Which game breaking bug are you referring to? I had a problem in the loser's path where Lara couldn't push the senet piece past a certain point, but I was only using "Patched TOMB4.exe V2" which has a number of new features, but none of this HD stuff...
Quote:
Originally Posted by annl View Post
I have played the Tomb of Semerkhet with archfiend's holster straps mod and patched V2 exe.
The bug did NOT occur because it was modded with TRViewer. The bug occurs due to the fact it is modded using Fexmerger.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-18, 17:49   #23
LateRaider
Inactive

Well, I've confirmed that the invisible wall seems to occur when the Grenade Bug is fixed. It even happens in Suikaze Raider's patched EXE. I have zero idea how to begin fixing this...

Oh, but I have to note, I found out how Quick Climb works.

Quick Climb:
000260BF
Original - 0F855B010000
Modified - 909090909090

Edit -

So right now, here's my findings...

Grenade Fix:
000490A4
Original - 0F84D8010000 < Grenades are broken, but you can move the Senet piece
Modified - 909090909090 < You can't move the Senet piece, but Grenades are fixed

...However, there's actually a third option.

909090019090 < Grenades are broken and you can't move the Senet piece

If you change or revert any of the other bytes, the game crashes when you try to load it. The "01" exception aside, the Grenade fix seems to be all-or-nothing.

Last edited by LateRaider; 09-02-18 at 18:42.
Old 09-02-18, 18:22   #24
annl

It is caused by modding the game using Fexmerger too, I don't know the cause but every time the level files are modded, things in the levels begin to corrupt. My TR4 HD mod did this, things such as the cobwebs in Tomb of Seth or the window at the beginning of the title sequence disappears.

Unfortunately, that bug occurs the first time the level is modded. TRViewer doesn't corrupt the level files but takes a lot longer to alter each level (and with 35 levels, it took ages to do my mod).
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-18, 18:26   #25
LateRaider
Inactive

I'm using a hex editor on the EXE though. I've never once in my life touched FexMerger or TRviewer, and I've never modded a level file either.

Last edited by LateRaider; 09-02-18 at 18:27.
Old 09-02-18, 18:38   #26
annl

Oh, alright. I was just thinking, I think I was using the patched exe by Suikaze Raider anyway.
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-18, 18:40   #27
LateRaider
Inactive

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude to you, AnnL. You're one of the only nice, dedicated people on this forum. I appreciate the info regardless.

Now, let's hope we can get to the bottom of this grenade fix. It's driving me mental.

Edit - For now, v1.2 is out, which removes the grenade fix. Use it if you intend to get all Secrets. Also, 1.1 is still up if you don't care about Secrets.

Last edited by LateRaider; 09-02-18 at 19:36.
Old 09-02-18, 21:21   #28
archfiend

I guess the only fix to that problem is by changing the exe in Tomb Of Semerkhet level. After getting the piece the fixed exe can be used again to continue on. I know it's a little bit annoying but it's better than nothing.
archfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 01:54   #29
sackboy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by annl View Post
It is caused by modding the game using Fexmerger too, I don't know the cause but every time the level files are modded, things in the levels begin to corrupt. My TR4 HD mod did this, things such as the cobwebs in Tomb of Seth or the window at the beginning of the title sequence disappears.

Unfortunately, that bug occurs the first time the level is modded. TRViewer doesn't corrupt the level files but takes a lot longer to alter each level (and with 35 levels, it took ages to do my mod).
This never happened to me doing my TR4 mod. The winning path turned to the glitched one rather then the losing path.

It might be exe related but the holster bug patch exe gives me no issues at all
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 02:23   #30
LateRaider
Inactive

PhantomPain's holster fix EXE doesn't have an issue b/c it doesn't fix the grenades. The issue is that if you fix the grenades, the losing path gets the invisible wall. This happens in my patch, Suikaze Raider's patch, and mizuno_suisei's.