Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 10-04-17, 00:09   #21
sackboy123

Ironic isn't it

I don't really have a thing against ATI to be fair, I'm sure it's quite good but I'm just the type of person that prefers official releases over anything fan made
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 00:27   #22
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
Ironic isn't it

I don't really have a thing against ATI to be fair, I'm sure it's quite good but I'm just the type of person that prefers official releases over anything fan made
The ATI patch removes the dosbox requirement and allows the game to play in widescreen. Everything else is official Tomb Raider.

Of course now thanks to Glidos hard work we can enjoy the HD textures and HD FMVs.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 00:29   #23
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
The ATI patch removes the dosbox requirement and allows the game to play in widescreen. Everything else is official Tomb Raider.

Of course now thanks to Glidos hard work we can enjoy the HD textures and HD FMVs.
The "HD" *cough upscaled FMVs don't look good, the original 4k re-renders look way better

I'm not a fan of HD textures/texture packs though, not very true to the original Tomb Raider imo.

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 03:49   #24
Helegad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
Looks like a nerve has been hit
Not mine, Ghosty is a little salty and he's easy bait.
Helegad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 07:06   #25
Caesum

The ATI patch is nearly flawless. Guys, how can you be so cruel. It's the best option when playing official 1996 TR1 so far so don't be so harsh. Why can't we just accept both unofficial and official patches/remasters..?

The only thing I don't like is how every new version gets a thread of it's own, which is pointless. It would have been so much better if your patch, Glidos, had one thread in which all of the updates were included. For now I don't even really know if the other threads are just of earlier versions, or different branches, or what..?

Btw, have you checked the loop SFX sounds bug? Like the fire one I mentioned?
I would really love to see some PSX-exclusive features reimplemented, like the golden Lara reflections.

Last edited by Caesum; 10-04-17 at 07:09.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 08:13   #26
Joey79100

^
This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
What's wrong? You seem rather triggered, this is nothing to do with me not liking TombATI (as you are implying), I don't even know what it is, nor do I care. I don't read your threads or anything to do with you. It usually involves money so no

Just sick of seeing the forum flooded by you, nowt wrong with that, is there?
Psshh... Glidos has never mentionned money for his TombATI patches. It is all fan service for free.

Well, I agree that having several threads for the same thing is kinda confusing, everything could have stayed in the same thread so you just need read the last pages.
However instead of starting another drama when it's not needed, there are simple ways to say things. Especially because there hasn't been dozens and dozens of thread, so you can't call that flooding either.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 11:37   #27
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helegad View Post
Not mine, Ghosty is a little salty and he's easy bait.
I'm not salty at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
The ATI patch is nearly flawless. Guys, how can you be so cruel. It's the best option when playing official 1996 TR1 so far so don't be so harsh. Why can't we just accept both unofficial and official patches/remasters..?

The only thing I don't like is how every new version gets a thread of it's own, which is pointless. It would have been so much better if your patch, Glidos, had one thread in which all of the updates were included. For now I don't even really know if the other threads are just of earlier versions, or different branches, or what..?

Btw, have you checked the loop SFX sounds bug? Like the fire one I mentioned?
I would really love to see some PSX-exclusive features reimplemented, like the golden Lara reflections.
The TombATI patch doesn't work on all systems though. It's fan made, which is "ok" but this could be much better if it actually works and the virus is removed from the installer. I appreciate the work but RealtechVR's native windows port will outshine this 100% thus this TombATI thing will no longer be needed or wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
^
This.

Psshh... Glidos has never mentionned money for his TombATI patches. It is all fan service for free.

Well, I agree that having several threads for the same thing is kinda confusing, everything could have stayed in the same thread so you just need read the last pages.
However instead of starting another drama when it's not needed, there are simple ways to say things. Especially because there hasn't been dozens and dozens of thread, so you can't call that flooding either.
Oh, I didn't know. I'm fairly certain that Glidos is not free tho. Last time I tried to play around with it, it started asking for money! I could be wrong though, last time I tried that was when I wanted to get the HD android/ios textures on PC. Worst mistake of my modding life.

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 12:16   #28
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
The TombATI patch doesn't work on all systems though. It's fan made, which is "ok" but this could be much better if it actually works and the virus is removed from the installer. I appreciate the work but RealtechVR's native windows port will outshine this 100% thus this TombATI thing will no longer be needed or wanted.
On what systems it doesn't work? Do you mean just Windows or Linux as well? About the installer, this is peculiar indeed, because my antivirus also says it's a suspicious file, but only until I unpack the installer manually. Once you do it and scan the entire folder again, it is suddenly clean.

Also of course if RealtechVR does a good work on his port it will be the best solution, but until then I still think TombATI is the best from the solutions we have right now. You just copy files into the main folder and it works already, without any additional steps. It also provides better brightness, better texture filtering, possibility to use PSX soundtrack, you can also change drawing distance, water color and other things to make it look better and more similar to PSX version. It also fixes FOV issues and allows you to set it on your own.
I don't know any other way to make the game look and play as good as with TombATI. Practically every other known patch/fix/whatevs works on DOS emulation through DosBox and they are all extremely flawed. nGlide is pretty okay but even then the game is washed out and doesn't offer as much visual fidelity as TombATI.
TombATI has the most to offer so far. But of course once RealtechVR TR1 PC port is made TombATI will probably become obsolete.
Old 10-04-17, 12:26   #29
Srandista

C'mon guys, how can you suspect TombATI.exe to be a virus/trojan? It's official patch from Core Design. If you don't believe executable from file, you can download it directly from archived Eidos site via archive.org (for example here. I can guarantee you however, that you will found out, that those exe files are identical (I just did SHA-1 checksum to be sure).
Srandista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 12:31   #30
Caesum

The tombati executable itself is unchanged but the TombATI has a wrapper(I think?) which changes its behavior. Obviously it's not a virus/trojan it's just stupid antiviruses which consider every rare file malicious.