Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 16-12-14, 13:41   #31
michaeldt

Well, because I'm horrible at making up my mind, some of these are tied .

1. Tomb Raider II

2. Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation / The Angel of Darkness

3. Tomb Raider I

4. Tomb Raider III

5. Tomb Raider: Chronicles / TOMB RAIDER

6. Tomb Raider: Anniversary

7. Tomb Raider: Legend / Underworld

Keep in mind though, that I actually love ALL of the games I don't dislike any of them.
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-14, 03:56   #32
Tomb Raider LC

1. TR Legend/ Underworld- Freaking amazing!
2. TR Anniversary- Wonderful!
3. TR Reboot- Much fun!
4. TR4- Exiting!
5. TR1- Very cool.
6. TR2- Hmmm... okay.
7. TR3- Eh...
8. AOD- Good Lord
Tomb Raider LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-14, 17:15   #33
Evermore

I'm not really sure of I should rank them, so I've put the games into categories in no particular order according only to how much I enjoyed them. No hate category since I don't feel that strongly about any of them in that way.

Love:

TR2: This was my first TR game, and I get extremely nostalgic when I play. I wouldn't say it's a perfect game by any means, but I thoroughly enjoy playing it and that's all that matters to me with games. Barkhang Monastery <3

TR2013: I won't get into how I feel about this as a TR game as that's an essay for another day, but as a standalone game I really enjoyed it. I loved the action scenes and there were parts that genuinely had me on the edge of my seat. I thought the plot itself was... okay, as it was possibly one of the most cliché shipwrecked-on-an-island plotlines ever, but I thought the gameplay was pretty cool.

Like:

TR3: This would be in "Love", but I always dread the London section. Thames Wharf is an okay level, but I'm not a fan of Aldwych's length/backtracking and, obviously, Lud's Gate because of all the underwater parts. I love the rest of the game though!

TRLR: I've only played up to Coastal Ruins as I find the game's length kind of daunting, but so far I've found the game pretty amazing. It will probably rank very high on my list after I've finished it.

TRA: I played this game before I played the original so I didn't get nostalgic, nor did I get any rage-y feelings towards what they changed from the original. Alone I thought it was a great game, and after playing the original I think it was a pretty faithful remake. The game doesn't please everyone, but I personally really liked it.

Meh:

TR1: I played quite a few of the later TR games before playing TR1, so I never had that spark that older fans have with this game. I appreciate that this game is the foundation of the series - I find that fascinating. But I'm not a big fan of the game itself.

TRC: I'd say the whole game is pretty meh... except the Ireland section, which I really enjoyed. Gotta love when TR gets creepy!

TRAOD: Some parts of the game are pretty cringeworthy, but it's mainly the clunky movements/controls and glitches that spoil AOD for me.

TRL: This game was so short, after the ending I was wondering what even happened. Overall I found it a pretty uninteresting game, however it did have some redeeming aspects such as the England level and parts of Kazakhstan. I also have a collectibles weakness.

TRU: This game kind of makes me... cringe. Whenever I think about it. And I have no idea why as I thought it was an okay game. Like TRL, I didn't find it very memorable except for the burning Croft Manor sections and definitely when I got to use Mjolnir. That's about it, really.

Dislike:

LCGOL: I know it's not a main entry, but I thought I'd rank it anyway. I'm really not into the gameplay and the script/story is, in my opinion, pretty horrible. It's nice to still have Keeley as Lara, though.
Evermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-14, 21:33   #34
Saint Sophie

1. Tomb Raider 2
2. Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
3. Tomb Raider 3
4. Tomb Raider
5. Tomb Raider Legend
6. Tomb Raider Chronicles

They're the ones I've played from start to finish The Last Revelation used to be my favourite, but it got overtaken by Tomb Raider 2. I find the latter more or less flawless.
Saint Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-14, 22:06   #35
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evermore View Post
TR1: I played quite a few of the later TR games before playing TR1, so I never had that spark that older fans have with this game. I appreciate that this game is the foundation of the series - I find that fascinating. But I'm not a big fan of the game itself.
this exactly sums up my opinion about TR1 ..I played all the classics before it so it felt kinda lacking , overly simple and (somehow) bland and dull (despite having some few exceptional levels like Palace Midas and Atlantis ) , I think if I had experienced this game day one my opinion would've been slightly different....
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote