Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 24-01-17, 16:25   #21
t-raider26

Still waiting for a Christie announcement

lol
t-raider26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-17, 17:59   #22
Lillie

^ I do not think Christie will make it. Capos are hated by players xD I am really interested in this new tournament mode.

benjamin_2010: I can see why you are frustrated by juggles, but tailspin makes it better now. With bound, you could get longer juggles at the wall, with tailspin, you cannot. The most damaging juggles still require tough execution so it is only fair if someone can pull them off. I do not see how the game has changed otherwise. The core gameplay is still there- blocking, spacing, stepping, punishment. People are encouraged to low parry lows more often now because you get a full juggle.

Edit: I wish we had a better tutorial mode in Tekken 7. The one in TTT2 was.. underwhelming. They need to teach people about tracking moves and stepping, about the reason for blocking, moving around and punishing. If people do not understand this, nobody will be interested in playing very long because they get the impression that the game is only about juggles.

Last edited by Lillie; 24-01-17 at 18:28.
Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-17, 20:24   #23
sharontubul

This looks like a bad Tekken game. Art style went to hell, nothing innovative or interesting... My interest in this series also faded after 6. I liked the game better when it was Americanized. Tekken 4 was the highlight of the series, and after 5 it just started going south.
sharontubul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-17, 20:25   #24
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharontubul View Post
Tekken 4 was the highlight of the series
Bitch you better spill that ****ing tea
I don't think I've ever agreed more on something regarding the Tekken series.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-17, 20:54   #25
benjamin_2010

@lillie I agree with what you say. I think replaying the old tekkens recently has made me a better defensive player to ward off juggles. After playing T1 I've especially improved in patience & blocking.

I'm not sure what tailspin is.. I don't keep up with some of the terminology players use in this game. I typically don't play online either due to the sharp degree of difficulty (experienced jugglers mostly) and probably my lack of a very good internet connection.

@sharontubul I agree with you as well, T4 was the last "great" tekken game to me. 5 was the last "good" one. I think they have lost inspiration and have been dragging out the same storyline for way too long. The last few games have felt like rehash after rehash. There was a lot of good story going on from T2-T4 and lots of innovations in gameplay from that era as well.
benjamin_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-17, 21:47   #26
Lillie

I have to agree and story and design wise, Tekken 4 was the best . Gameplay wise, it was very unbalanced (tons of OP and broken moves), not to mention the random objects like stairs and smaller breakable walls - other games have tried to implement these things into games but they always failed, including tekken. An unbalanced game like this angered the advanced and tournament players. New tekken games are very balanced and the character is as good as the player New Tekken games are designed to appeal to Asian countries, but the characters we all loved are still there, along with the new ones. I am not sure if you know about this but the announcement of Lucky Chloe angered western countries immediately. I personally do not mind, everyone can find a character they like, the roster is big.

benjamin_2010 - tailspin is a new juggle mechanic that sort of slaps the opponent backwards, enabling you to get more hits. The difference between bound (from t6 and ttt2) and tailspin is that you could get a bound after wallsplatting your opponent but you will not get a tailspin.

I think that namco created awesome new costumes (like for Paul, Hwoarang, Steve - gorgeous!) but then they keep adding more female characters that are not even unique. I do not want this game to turn into DoA .

From the perspective of someone who has been studying the game for tournament reasons, the gameplay is the same - still difficult to learn and understand, but the balacing gets better with every game. This gameplay is what I love about tekken and what captivated me once I started learning how to play better. It is frustrating, but very rewarding and addictive .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRj0m-3BkCc&t=77s proof that juggle damage has always been very high
Old 25-01-17, 05:46   #27
benjamin_2010

See, to me that video it proves how out of control the juggling has gotten. In older Tekken games (Tag and earlier) the opponent falls to the ground more heavily/realistically. Kazyua is able to input a chain of moves to juggle but it is not spammy. It looks like it requires real skill.

Then as soon as the clip from Tekken 5 begins, Kazyua literally spams the same exact move 5-6 times in a row bouncing the opponent up in the air, defenseless. To me, that's just ridiculous. Those uppercut style moves are often harder to block.

I guess I also take issue with really powerful characters like the Mishimas, Bryan, Jin, Bob, (male characters) who can more easily clobber their opponent than someone like Nina, who I feel requires more of a "mind game" approach without enough brute force.

I have just recently learned about how big the tournament thing is for Tekken but still don't know much about it.
benjamin_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-17, 09:02   #28
Lillie

I replied to you benjamin_2010, in a PM .

A new trailer for Eliza is out! She has changed so much since Tekken Revolution she looks very much like another SF character. I cannot wait to play this game and try every new character .
Old 25-01-17, 11:22   #29
Johnnay

Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-17, 20:31   #30
Lillie

I heard from a very famous Japanese player that namco is going to reveal another character at the end of this month .