Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 27-06-18, 09:43   #41
Jorje Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
That's true, in all the years I have been playing it on pc I have had only one desktop crash. The Steam version has quite a bit of problems though...
I found it very relaxing and beautiful atmospheric game. of course everything can be improved but still one of my favs. maybe because I love Lara's model so much, outfit, braid, everything is on point. some ppl don't care but for me it is very important how she looks in every single game. TRA CGI model is the best Lara in my opinion. wish modern Lara was similar to TRA CGI model.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 10:07   #42
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorje Croft View Post
I found it very relaxing and beautiful atmospheric game.
Indeed. Though I wouldn't want every game to be like that, I would rather have it be more story driven with more dialogue and characters like Legend, but it was nice for a change. Anniversary's Croft Manor especially was so very zen.

Quote:
some ppl don't care but for me it is very important how she looks in every single game.
To me as well.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 11:13   #43
Legends

Cool

Quote:
I found it very relaxing and beautiful atmospheric game. of course everything can be improved but still one of my favs. maybe because I love Lara's model so much, outfit, braid, everything is on point. some ppl don't care but for me it is very important how she looks in every single game. TRA CGI model is the best Lara in my opinion. wish modern Lara was similar to TRA CGI model.
Anniversary Lara is so good looking. I personally prefer Legend's model over Anniversary, but they are very similar and Anniversary's model makes more sense for that game.

It's very important to me how Lara looks too. In Anniversary she looked good and had a great personality and Keeley Hawes.

Of course not everythings perfect about the game. As time has passed certain things haven't aged so well, but it's still one of favorites.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 21:21   #44
Jorje Croft

Legends
Yes TRA Lara is actually LEGEND Lara model just without heavy makeup and maybe more polygons? I still have that MOD TRA LARA WITH LEGEND FACE and she looks so good, they used that model for earlier screenshots, but I agree TRA model without heavy makeup looks better in game. I think game aged pretty well, I personally never cared about modern graphics unless game itself is atmospheric and playable. I guess I'm old now lol as I still call modern TR game to TRA, I remember release date like yesterday

Nigel Cassidy
agree I like how they mixed classic TR with modern Crystal TR. some ppl hate it but I love it for 101%
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 01:49   #45
Soma Holiday

Sorry for delayed response. I am playing the game on Steam with a Xbox 360 Controller. It was unplayable and then I changed the Vsync settings and it got slightly better, but the jumping is very inconsistent. I dont mind it until I have to do the timed runs like in Palace Midas or the Atlantis tower. Those make me want to buy a physical copy of the game so i can break it in half lol.

I mean I'll try to jump sideways and she'll jump backwards...or curve in the middle of a jump in a random direction.

The adrenaline dodge will activate but lara wont fire half the time. You pull the trigger right on time and nothing happens...then you get pummeled. Combat is an upward struggle of just being rushed until the animals are dead...its not fun imo.

It makes me want to go play the original cause imo it has much better controls. i didnt have issues with legend or underworld i dunno what changed with this one.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 10:03   #46
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
Sorry for delayed response. I am playing the game on Steam with a Xbox 360 Controller. It was unplayable and then I changed the Vsync settings and it got slightly better, but the jumping is very inconsistent.
Thing is, you have to push the left stick straight forward to jump forward. If your aim is a little off, so is the jump. This can never happen with mouse and keyboard where the W button always sends you straight ahead.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 13:35   #47
just*raidin*tomb

I never had any problem with the controls on PS2 besides jumping backwards during wall runs.

Ugh I loved this game so much when it came out and I played on PS3 recently and it was gorgeous.

Last edited by just*raidin*tomb; 07-07-18 at 18:33.
just*raidin*tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 16:18   #48
Girafarig32

I can see what you mean. That one section with the spinning blades in egypt where you had to time back jumps from grappling was particularly annoying. But personally, nothing was worse than Underworld's controls. Beautiful graphics, horrible controls. I think transferring over real life motion (or whatever it was called) really screwed the controls. Legend probably was the smoothest of the three.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 18:33   #49
just*raidin*tomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
I can see what you mean. That one section with the spinning blades in egypt where you had to time back jumps from grappling was particularly annoying. But personally, nothing was worse than Underworld's controls. Beautiful graphics, horrible controls. I think transferring over real life motion (or whatever it was called) really screwed the controls. Legend probably was the smoothest of the three.
Definitely agree. Underwood controls were worse than AOD in my opinion.
just*raidin*tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 20:03   #50
Legends

Quote:
Legends
Yes TRA Lara is actually LEGEND Lara model just without heavy makeup and maybe more polygons? I still have that MOD TRA LARA WITH LEGEND FACE and she looks so good, they used that model for earlier screenshots, but I agree TRA model without heavy makeup looks better in game. I think game aged pretty well, I personally never cared about modern graphics unless game itself is atmospheric and playable. I guess I'm old now lol as I still call modern TR game to TRA, I remember release date like yesterday

I completely agree with this part. I love great graphics, but that ultimately doesn't matter if the gameplay is bad. The atmosphere is so important.

I wish they'd just go with Legend's cover art and work from there. It was the perfect Lara for the time and I wish they just kept that look.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote