Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

View Poll Results: Do you mind the long break CD is taking in terms of releasing information?
Yes, it's pretty annoying. 93 30.39%
It's okay, I don't mind. 142 46.41%
No, I'm happy about it. 40 13.07%
Been busy with penguins, there's a new TR in development? 31 10.13%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-03-12, 02:40   #331
leglion
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Really? You are delusional maybe? Before E3 2008 we had a few magazine articles for TRU which only showed us part of one level and a teaser trailer released just before E3, we had not even seen gameplay footage yet. How exactly do you come to the conclusion we are not getting just as much information about the new game.

We already have a lot more info on this one than we had on TRU at the same time before the release date. But obviously some fans just get greedy and keep expecting more, and some just choose to forget what they got last time a Tomb Raider game was released.

Better for us if they had not shown it at E3 2011, not better for Crystal Dynamics though, since they needed that time and publicity to get gamers interested in the reboot. They would hardly be as interested as they are now if the game was only just shown this year, it takes time to build up grass roots interest, especially for Tomb Raider. Even people who have never played a Tomb Raider game by know would have heard about the new game.

Tomb Raider has appeared in all the lists I have seen for the most anticipated game of 2012. It even appeared on the lists for the local retailers, which a Tomb Raider game in Australia has not been on for over a decade!
I never said we're not getting as much information, aussie. I'm saying it won't be over-hyped and everything they say that'll be in the game will be in the final product.
leglion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-12, 02:45   #332
Lukass

Quote:
Originally Posted by leglion View Post
I never said we're not getting as much information, aussie. I'm saying it won't be over-hyped and everything they say that'll be in the game will be in the final product.
It's safe to say that anything they would show now will be in the game.
Lukass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-12, 02:47   #333
leglion
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukass View Post
It's safe to say that anything they would show now will be in the game.
Not really, look at my previous post. At this stage in the game making process they're ironing out the kinks and glitches(as confirmed by Meagan Marie) So things such as weapons and areas can still be cut out if they can't fix those kinks and/or gltiches, like the rocket launcher in legend.
Old 25-03-12, 02:52   #334
Lukass

Quote:
Not really, look at my previous post. At this stage in the game making process they're ironing out the kinks and glitches(as confirmed by Meagan Marie) So things such as weapons and areas can still be cut out if they can't fix those kinks and/or gltiches, like the rocket launcher in legend.
Well, I hope that there will be everything we knew about the game until now.

Your signature
Lukass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-12, 03:30   #335
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
It will be hyped even more than Legend was, certainly more than TRU, we might not see Lara plastered all over passing buses, but I expect to see her just about everywhere. We had the camera in the console versions of TRU till quite late when they finally gave up on it. That was the only thing I remember them showing us that never made it into the game. There is no guarantee something they want to put in the game is going to make it into the final version. No doubt they will try not to show us anything like that, but if they are going to show us beta footage there is always that risk. Everybody shows beta footage, you cannot leave off advertising the game till a few months before release when the game is finished.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-12, 03:51   #336
leglion
Inactive

Quote:
It will be hyped even more than Legend was, certainly more than TRU, we might not see Lara plastered all over passing buses, but I expect to see her just about everywhere. We had the camera in the console versions of TRU till quite late when they finally gave up on it. That was the only thing I remember them showing us that never made it into the game. There is no guarantee something they want to put in the game is going to make it into the final version. No doubt they will try not to show us anything like that, but if they are going to show us beta footage there is always that risk. Everybody shows beta footage, you cannot leave off advertising the game till a few months before release when the game is finished.
probably, it'd probably be more hyped than both those games. but seeing how careful they are(not releasing info until they're absolutely ready) and how good the game seems to be, i doubt it's going to be OVER-hyped.
Old 26-03-12, 00:01   #337
Dark Lugia 2

Quote:
Tomb Raider has appeared in all the lists I have seen for the most anticipated game of 2012. It even appeared on the lists for the local retailers, which a Tomb Raider game in Australia has not been on for over a decade!
I believe its not on IGN's most anticipated of 2012 list. It sounds quite good in Australia compared to here, no one knows about the game. :/
Dark Lugia 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-12, 00:17   #338
Stevo505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lugia 2 View Post
I believe its not on IGN's most anticipated of 2012 list. It sounds quite good in Australia compared to here, no one knows about the game. :/

Yes it is: http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1215473p3.html
Stevo505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-12, 10:05   #339
slavo120

Quote:
Just landed in London after an awesome weekend in jersey (CI). So good to see Ben from @gallerymag and others. Now back to @tombraider.
Maybe this week is game presented for Journalist/magazines etc in London..who knows, but i am glad that something happening about Tomb Raider in these days..We'll have to wait until the embargo quits, but it is great that Tomb Raider is back on the eyes at least for journalists
slavo120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-12, 14:17   #340
lcroft_lc

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavo120 View Post
Maybe this week is game presented for Journalist/magazines etc in London..who knows, but i am glad that something happening about Tomb Raider in these days..We'll have to wait until the embargo quits, but it is great that Tomb Raider is back on the eyes at least for journalists
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote