Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 14-04-18, 21:35   #41
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
There's unavoidable damage on most levels tbh, certainly any where men with guns show up, because they have insance accuracy and will shoot on sight.

And let those bastard dogs get near you without a shotgun equipped, you'll be sorry.
Believe it or not (given the right set-ups), every gun wielding goon in the game can be taken out using only pistols, and without Lara sustaining a scratch. The only real exceptions to this would probably be the area in Maria Doria where you place the circuit breakers. The other would be Opera House, where you encounter the two gunmen when you emerge from the elevator. These encounters can be problematic if you're aiming for the pistols only, no scratch challenge.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-18, 02:49   #42
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
Believe it or not (given the right set-ups), every gun wielding goon in the game can be taken out using only pistols, and without Lara sustaining a scratch. The only real exceptions to this would probably be the area in Maria Doria where you place the circuit breakers. The other would be Opera House, where you encounter the two gunmen when you emerge from the elevator. These encounters can be problematic if you're aiming for the pistols only, no scratch challenge.
I know it's easier if you kind of roll past them, or jump and roll over them, to put yourself behind them, and keep doing that every time they turn. It gets trickier for me when there's more than one goon or when it's in a tight space and Lara feels like being a clumsy mare haha

I could never do a no-damage run, I'm just not naturally gifted with the controls the way some are (although I'm pretty decent, I don't struggle I just can't breeze through it like others do)
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-18, 11:12   #43
fallenangle

No damage or better called, as I said earlier in this thread, a minimal damage run is very doable. The run past the enemy and reverse roll and shoot is indeed the standard technique and actually is often the best solution for avoiding damage in those confined spaces. With limited room to manoeuvre the AI is not too good at turning around 180 degrees and if you're fast you can get in two tumble turns with pistol shots and kill scratch free

In TR3 it is definitely more difficult because so many dying enemies loose off a couple of extra parting shots as they're falling. That can get very annoying.

There are specific places in TR2 where it gets very difficult to kill the goons too without damage using just the pistols. As described in my last post post there is at least one location where the game cheats and the goons can see and shoot LC through apparently solid floors.

But places you'd think would be difficult, like the mini-boss + others in the storage room behind the Opera House, turned out to be relatively easy if you take the high ground.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote