Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 22-04-18, 18:18   #21
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuallyArlow View Post
Agreed, I am really sad there wasn't a third Tombraider film starring Angeline, apparently it was suppose to be a paranormal setting. I honestly am not fond of Alicia's portrayal of Lara, I think she is an amazing actress though just not for Tomb Raider.
I haven't seen the new movie (I do plan to eventually) so I can't comment much on her acting, but I don't mind Alicia's look for a movie based on Reboot Lara. She suits that quite well physically and I like her face more than I like Reboot Lara's in-game face.

When it comes to portraying something closer to CORE's Lara though, Angelina knocked it out the park so hard. She had the look, and I was really impressed by her accent and how hard she worked to get into the character. I do think Angelina is a splendid actress in most things I've seen her in too.

The only other actress I could really see pulling off CORE's Lara in film is Rhona Mitra, the first model who played her in the 90s. I love her look for Lara.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 22-04-18 at 18:20.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-18, 00:55   #22
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuallyArlow View Post
Agreed, I am really sad there wasn't a third Tombraider film starring Angeline, apparently it was suppose to be a paranormal setting. I honestly am not fond of Alicia's portrayal of Lara, I think she is an amazing actress though just not for Tomb Raider.
Really? I quite enjoyed Alicia's portrayal despite going in with negative ideas. I don't like the Lara from the 2013 reboot to start with, but Alicia actually brought some of that classic Lara attitude and adrenaline junkie persona to her character. If the TR2013 game Lara was like her depiction in the film based on it, I would have liked the game a lot more.

This is a complete aside from the Classic Lara character I adore, I don't think even Angelina got Core's Lara quite right but then that was probably more the script than her performance. But as a depiction of the 'new' Lara, Alicia was very good. I'm actually looking forward to the next film.

It's not Classic Lara, but it's a Lara I can enjoy watching. Which is more than can be said for the recent games.

Last edited by Boobandie; 23-04-18 at 00:56.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote