Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 15-10-18, 18:13   #21
ANoDE
Golden

I'd be ALL IN for that. Man, that would be awesome.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-18, 18:22   #22
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
I mean... Classic Lara is the epitome of beauty to me, as an individual. But of course, every face is dynamic enough that it is both beautiful and ugly. Depending on the angles, lighting, differing opinions and perspectives.

Of course I don't see any point in operating from a premise of criticism when honoring the games with a remaster.
I personally find her FMV models just a bit too uncanny and ridiculous tbh, that's why I've never liked them and wouldn't really love seeing them in-game.

I don't want them to throw the baby out with the bathwater like they have with the Reboot games though. She can still be very exceptionally attractive, fit-curvaceous, leggy and exotic looking. Those are classic Lara's features and I would like to see them remain, even if the overall look is still a bit more grounded.

As far as gameplay, I would hope there's a way of speeding things up just a little bit, especially where her running and turning animations are concerned. It doesn't have to be super fast, just not so slow, tank-y and clumsy feeling. This is especially important for TR1, where the PSX controls are still even now slower than TRs 2-5.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 15-10-18 at 18:25.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-18, 18:29   #23
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I personally find her FMV models just a bit too uncanny and ridiculous tbh, that's why I've never liked them and wouldn't really love seeing them in-game.
She's a cartoon though.

I get that you don't like Lara Croft's appearance, but how are they going to create a 1:1 remake of these games with a different character.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-18, 18:33   #24
NoahCrofRaider

Gameplay-wise, I would kind of prefer something new for a remaster. Something like the classics’ tank control/grid system, but different. I think a remaster could benefit from it, so long as we still retain the classics’ platforming and difficulty. Maybe something like AoD, although much quicker, less buggy, and just all around more polished. AoD always seemed like they were going for a progression of the classics’ formula.

But idk, it’s not a big deal, and I love the original gameplay as it is. I do think they should implement a 180-degree turn though.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-18, 18:34   #25
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
She's a cartoon though.

I get that you don't like Lara Croft's appearance, but how are they going to create a 1:1 remake of these games with a different character.
I do like her overall appearance and character design, how it appeared in-game was fine in the CORE era games actually

I just don't like the FMV models for the reasons I said. I'd prefer a new model based on that look, that can still be a bit larger-than-life and exceptionally gorgeous but not quite to that level of caricature. I'll repeat...

Quote:
I don't want them to throw the baby out with the bathwater like they have with the Reboot games though. She can still be very exceptionally attractive, fit-curvaceous, leggy and exotic looking. Those are classic Lara's features and I would like to see them remain, even if the overall look is still a bit more grounded.
Literally build a new model heavily based on the TR2-3 in-game model and tbh it would be perfect to me.

Hell, they could even use the AoD model without the goth-y make-up, that would be amazing too.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 15-10-18 at 18:36.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-18, 18:50   #26
jackraider
Inactive

I'm cool w/ AOD Lara. Always kind of got TR2 vibes from her at certain parts in AOD. But yeah, I think if the remasters were to ever happen then CrystalD incarnations of Lara need to stay out of the picture.
jackraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-18, 18:53   #27
larafan25

Quote:
I do like her overall appearance and character design, how it appeared in-game was fine in the CORE era games actually

I just don't like the FMV models for the reasons I said. I'd prefer a new model based on that look, that can still be a bit larger-than-life and exceptionally gorgeous but not quite to that level of caricature. I'll repeat...

Literally build a new model heavily based on the TR2-3 in-game model and tbh it would be perfect to me.

Hell, they could even use the AoD model without the goth-y make-up, that would be amazing too.
But the in-game models are literally just FMV counterparts with less 3D detail. It's like... if they stabbed themselves in the eyes until they were blind, and then decided to draw Lara.
Old 15-10-18, 19:03   #28
drbunnig

Quote:
Yes please. So long as it's only a graphical remaster.
Aye, this for me. Crash was pretty faithful but some of the physics was altered (eg ice in Crash 2). I'd want it to play exactly like the originals.
drbunnig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-18, 19:05   #29
tomee

I don't even care about visual remastering, just make the games fully compatible with modern PC and console systems. Getting TR1 especially to run on my PC is a challenge on its own.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-18, 19:06   #30
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbunnig View Post
Aye, this for me. Crash was pretty faithful but some of the physics was altered (eg ice in Crash 2). I'd want it to play exactly like the originals.
Yes! I don't want to be slipping off edges and having floaty jump physics. The classics probably wouldn't work as well if they were not accurate enough anyways. Like, the 3-block jumps are rather specific.