JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
We need nonhumans.
Yes but I would like human too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyMac12 View Post
It became a problem when there were so many upgrades and skills that we couldn't utilize throughout the game. The lack of combat rendered the skill system weak.
Yes I agree the skill system should be completely gone in the next game. I think they should strip the uneccesary things and work on basic things like shooting and melee.
Old 10-11-18, 05:20   #42
RodneyMac12
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
Yes but I would like human too.

Yes I agree the skill system should be completely gone in the next game. I think they should strip the uneccesary things and work on basic things like shooting and melee.
Yeah all the crafting and unnecessary upgrades like "swim faster" or "don't slip" should be excluded.
Old 10-11-18, 05:58   #43
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyMac12 View Post
Yeah all the crafting and unnecessary upgrades like "swim faster" or "don't slip" should be excluded.
All those things should be included mechanics except for the slip qte. I've hated it in Legend and I still think it's unnecessary now. Hopefully it doesn't return. I'd be fine with an animation of Lara slipping or readjusting herself but the pressing the button thing is quite annoying.
Old 11-11-18, 04:03   #44
Guuims
Student

I'd like then to review the current art-style. You know, the original concept was all about having a cartoonish character in a realistic environment, this was made pretty obvious with TRAOD, it was not until TRL that they changed everything. TR2013 was too grey and boring, ROTTR was inbetween, but SOTTR was definitely more colorful, so i think they are going in the right direction.

An example of how this can be achieved, that i particularly love is Sonic Unleashed:

This game is rather old, of course something much more convincent could be achieved nowadays, but still, it's a very good sample.

Last edited by tlr online; 11-11-18 at 04:24. Reason: Image removed. See FAQ on posting images.
Guuims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-18, 07:58   #45
RAID
Tomb Raider

I would return to the roots. Lara exploring just for sports, complex puzzles, backtracking, switch flipping and key finding.

Platforming needs to be revamped completely. Having Lara flying from one wall to the other kills the fun. I want to actually struggle to climb. The wall jumps need to go.

Last edited by RAID; 11-11-18 at 08:05.
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-18, 08:08   #46
Rai

We heard you the first time, Raid << made before the edit

I don't know yet. I was satisfied with Shadow, I don't know how I'd change up the formula. Maybe make it so that the hubs are more incorporated into the main path in someway, rather than merely having to trek through them. And get rid of the skill tree.

Last edited by Rai; 11-11-18 at 08:09.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-18, 12:12   #47
l3igl3oss
Explorer

Focus on lighting and color. Instead of picking a palette that defines them statically, let there be a cast of rays that trace each other, even if the technology isn't up to it yet. Real time ray tracing is for the future. Alternatively, they could use that technology in development phase to bake in those effects, and let the area of effect define only the characters in real time. The world doesn't need to be rendered dynamically. If you keep the levels to their theme, then you won't need to have night and day cycles, specially when they're stories being told in chronologic order.