Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 13-11-18, 17:02   #1
tomee

Default Camera errors on PC

I have 2 minor, but very very annoying problems when playing Shadow. I'm inclined to believe that they are not glitches, because I've seen nobody else experience this, but some sort of mess up on my computer.

The first issue is that sometimes shades and shadows simply deload depending on the angle of the camera. https://imgur.com/a/G8I34uq It doesn't occur in random spots, they always happen in the same places. I suspect maybe the objects that cast the shadows are loaded and deloaded if an area is very very demanding?

The other issue is that my camera is zoomed out. What I mean is that for example inside Paititi there are a lot of NPC's and they are all supposed load and deload off camera. Not on my computer, I can literally see them pop into existence and vanish into the ether at the sides of my screen if I move the camera slowly in a busy area. This doesn't just affect gameplay, it's the same in cutscenes as well and I can show a very simple example.

Left side is a screenfreeze from Youtube and right side is a screenshot of mine. As you can see in my screenshot the camera is WAY behind its supposed position, so much so that Lara's undershirt and even the pockets on her jacket are no longer cropped out.

This also exposes some unfinished animations that I thought were glitching at first. One example that springs to my mind is when Lara first finds Jonah in the jungle and they hug. Lara's right hand is literally broken, but it doesn't matter because it's supposed to be cropped out... except you know, on my computer, I can see it. :/

In case my PC specs are required to assess the situation:
Windows 7 Ultimate sp1 64bit
8 GB RAM
Intel Core i5-2400 CPU
NVidia GeForce GTX 750 4GB
Native Resolution 1280 × 1024
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote