Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 04-11-17, 21:23   #1
tag0519

Default Games Similar to Blood Ties

I enjoyed Blood Ties. Anyone Else? I was just wondering if anyone knows of PS4 games similar to Blood Ties.

Thanks in advance ....
tag0519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-17, 21:40   #2
Phlip
Inactive

Life is Strange comes to mind...
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 15:18   #3
Mikky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
What? How is that similar to Blood Ties at all?

Anyway, the most obvious answer is "Gone Home". I'd even say Blood Ties was inspired by it; you go around a big house looking for documents and clues to try and solve a mystery. Only downside is, it can be as long as Blood Ties too, so you won't get much content, but it is pretty cheap.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 15:39   #4
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
You are joking right?
One of the cornerstones of Life is Strange was that you have to walk around to examine objects, search for clues, collect evidence and try to solve mysteries.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 17:30   #5
tag0519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Quote:

Anyway, the most obvious answer is "Gone Home". I'd even say Blood Ties was inspired by it; you go around a big house looking for documents and clues to try and solve a mystery. Only downside is, it can be as long as Blood Ties too, so you won't get much content, but it is pretty cheap.
Thanks but I can't seem to find this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
You are joking right?
One of the cornerstones of Life is Strange was that you have to walk around to examine objects, search for clues, collect evidence and try to solve mysteries.
From the description it appears Life is Strange is similar to Blood Ties. Thank you.
Old 05-11-17, 17:32   #6
Mikky

^What do you mean you can't find the game? Where are you looking?

@tomee In that case, every adventure and click-and-point game is like Blood Ties? I guess that's one way to look at it. I was thinking more along the lines of themes and aesthetics, and mixing that with similar gameplay. Sorry, but Life is Strange would be the last game I would think of if someone asked me this question. Might as well play TellTale games while they're at it, lol.

Last edited by Mikky; 05-11-17 at 17:34.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 18:30   #7
tomee

Quote:
@tomee In that case, every adventure and click-and-point game is like Blood Ties? I guess that's one way to look at it. I was thinking more along the lines of themes and aesthetics, and mixing that with similar gameplay. Sorry, but Life is Strange would be the last game I would think of if someone asked me this question. Might as well play TellTale games while they're at it, lol.
Oh, as far as aesthetics go, I definitely agree with you. LiS was all about that never ending autumn feeling with bright pastel colours. But I think as far as gameplay is concerned they were very similar. Both were basically walking simulators where you explore, collect and solve puzzles. The only difference is that LiS also puts emphasis on character growth and interactions.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 23:26   #8
tag0519

Quote:
^What do you mean you can't find the game? Where are you looking?

I googled it and got some walk through hits but couldn't find it on Amazon or GameFly