Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 20-11-16, 10:52   #161
Alex Fly
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikasika18 View Post
They are good games but no TR games IMO.
They should've made this a new ip......
Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
I stand by the fact that it would have done better if it wasn't attached to the Tomb Raider name. Honestly.

Also, would have been great for CD to have something more original, their own new IP to associate with this success.
Precisely.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-16, 18:30   #162
paulwork

As for that chick who thinks she is Robin Hood Lara F-bombing and cursing all over the place... One ought to learn how to comport oneself, young lady..

I mean, who the freak pays good money to buy a TR game where some twit has gone to extreme lengths to script, audition, record, program all the pathetic expletives pouring out of this mallrat's foul mouth. They spent money and time on that people.

I know... I feel like Dawn French in the French and Saunders parody of Stephen King's "Misery" when asking why writers feel the need to swear so much (to make the comedy work).

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2tyyg5

Last edited by paulwork; 22-11-16 at 18:42.
paulwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-16, 19:43   #163
Trenton

It's hard to give a specific and definite number of reboot games before they should do another reboot.
It all depends on the quality of games they output, but in general I'd say after the fourth, possibly the fifth reboot game it's proably about time to change things around again.

So around a decade from now I think we'll be seeing another reboot of the series.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-16, 19:50   #164
PallasAthene

I enjoyed ROTTR, and the reboot universe has grown on me quite a bit, but if they continue to relegate most of the tomb raiding to optional challenge tombs in future titles, I will probably want a major overhaul for the series and a 'back to basics' approach to the level design. I'm already giving 'optional tombs' major side eye as it is. I hope they can return to a focus on tombs without having to reboot again and throw everything they've achieved out.
PallasAthene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-16, 21:09   #165
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwork View Post
As for that chick who thinks she is Robin Hood Lara F-bombing and cursing all over the place... One ought to learn how to comport oneself, young lady..

I mean, who the freak pays good money to buy a TR game where some twit has gone to extreme lengths to script, audition, record, program all the pathetic expletives pouring out of this mallrat's foul mouth. They spent money and time on that people.

I know... I feel like Dawn French in the French and Saunders parody of Stephen King's "Misery" when asking why writers feel the need to swear so much (to make the comedy work).

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2tyyg5
Is this Daventry?
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-16, 21:42   #166
paulwork

Its French & Saunders.
paulwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-16, 12:24   #167
AshesBorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by thabani33 View Post
It's an origin story of Lara, how many installments/releases does it take to tell an origin story of a franchise?
The marketing and the story of TReboot led me to believe that CD originally planned only one "origin game". Lara went through one hell of an adventure, toughened up, uncovered some ancient mysteries, lost a mentor, got the duals at the end, visibly distanced herself from the rest of the crew in the final scene, and generally seemed cold and focused on what she wanted to do next ("I'm not going home"). But I suppose that at some point during brainstorming sessions for the next game the devs went "Hey, people ate the origin story up, so let's drag it out and make a trilogy out of it!"
Personally, I think it's going overboard. I loved TReboot and I really enjoyed ROTTR (they really expanded and improved upon TReboot's mechanics), but I'm losing interest in the dreary settings CD seem to love and Lara slowly "growing into" a tomb raider - that's not what I play these games for.
Hoping for the third game to flip the script.

Last edited by AshesBorn; 29-11-16 at 13:24.
AshesBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-16, 15:20   #168
Tonyrobinson

It really depends on if Eidos Montreal are making the next game or not if they can bring a freshness to it and keep changing up the formula then I'm more inclined to stay invested.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-16, 21:14   #169
SlugOverlord

after they decided to make the first portion of the first reboot game focused on finding a bow and hunting animals for food, they should have stopped and did a quick 180 away from TR.

lets make a Tomb Raider game, and the opening sequence will be hunting animals! WHAT AN INTRODUCTION TO TOMB RAIDING!
SlugOverlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-16, 21:50   #170
larafan25

Well it wasn't a Tomb Raider game anyways.

Sitting in chairs and talking to people has often happened in Tomb Raider game cutscenes, among other things that cannot happen in the gameplay, yet these are accurately part of the Tomb Raider games.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote