Old 28-03-13, 21:08   #11
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRfan23 View Post
^ Well then it's called something other than the Xbox 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Croft View Post
^People call it by its actual name?
Well I know it'll be called something else, and that people will be then calling it by it's actual name, but the only reason I asked this is because of the title of the thread.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-13, 21:10   #12
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
Here's a thing to talk about. What happens if the next Xbox isn't called the 720?
Fire and brimstone will fall from the skies, cats & dogs living together. Mass hysteria, the end of days.

Or they'll just call it something else.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-13, 04:16   #13
lcroft_lc

Quote:
Here's a thing to talk about. What happens if the next Xbox isn't called the 720?
Oh you?
Then it will call 'XBOX 361' and Microsoft CEO will announce they will be releasing an XBOX every month, XBOX 362, 363, 364.................720....721....999.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
Fire and brimstone will fall from the skies, cats & dogs living together. Mass hysteria, the end of days.
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-13, 04:32   #14
voltz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post

Or they'll just call it something else.
Who you gonna call?
voltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 11:12   #15
lcroft_lc

Xbox 720 announce May 21, out November claims tech blogger – rumour

Quote:
Xbox 720 will be officially unveiled on May 21 and will retail in November, according to veteran tech blogger Paul Thurrott. Word has it the device will simply be called ‘Xbox’ and was originally intended to launch as two separate versions until one was scrapped.

Speaking on the latest What the Tech podcast, Thurrott laid down some rather bold claims about Microsoft’s new rig, and it’s not clear where exactly this information is coming from, so please do remain suspicious, take a pinch of salt and treat this as rumour only for now.

NeoGAF has a full transcript of the chat, but I’ve hand-picked the juicy bits below.

On the cancelled Xbox 720 model:
“The next Xbox is code-named Durango. And we have talked for a while about this notion that there might be another version of the Xbox that was just aimed at entertainment—a non-gaming device. That device was code-named ‘Yumo’ and they’re not making it. They may make one in the future, but it’s not happening this year.”

On the Xbox 720 price:
“Durango is going to be expensive [laughs], you know $500, $300 for the subscription model, that kind of thing, but you know, Blu-ray, blah blah blah, but the thing that interest me, going back and looking at some of the stuff I got a long time ago, it actually says ‘must be internet-connected to use’ in the notes. And that’s all I have, but it does say that.”

On the Xbox 720 announcement:
“Originally, they were going to announce this thing in April 24, now they’re going to announce it May 21. We know there are events occuring this year where we’re going to learn more about Durango.”

On the release date, pre-E3 showings:
“Early November, yeah. E3 is going to occur. BUILD is going to occur in San Francisco in June when they’re going to talk about the developer story because it’s a Windows 8 device. It’s going to have the same, or basically the same, developer tools and developer APIs and all that kind of stuff.

“So I think there’s a lot information to come, but I look at all this stuff that I’ve seen about Durango and I think, ‘it’s all positive.’ I don’t really see any bad news here at all. Like to me, everything I’ve seen about this is really positive.

“It’s amazing to me that, based on like no information at all, everyone is like freaking out about everything. Aside from this online thing, by the way, the number one question I’ve gotten from people is, ‘What does it look like?’ Who gives a **** what it looks like?

“I’ve actually heard from, by the way not one or two people, several people who’ve said, ‘based on what I’ve seen, Sony is going to blow them away.’ Based on what you’ve seen? You’ve seen nothing. What are you talking about? No, but you’ve seen literally nothing from Microsoft.”

On Microsoft’s new approach to the industry:
“The problem Microsoft has has nothing to do with Sony or Nintendo anymore, it’s Roku and AppleTV. The market for hardcore video games, the market of people will always buy the next Gears of War game, the next Halo game, the next Call of Duty game, it’s fairly finite. It’s a decent market, yada yada yada, it’s not the market for tablets, it’s not the market for smartphones.”

Well, well. What do you make of that then? Let us know below.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/08/xbox...logger-rumour/
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 11:15   #16
Cochrane
Golden

Quote:
I'm still campaigning for Xbox 4π.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 11:18   #17
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
I'm still campaigning for Xbox 4π.
What does it mean 4π? Also I don't even know how you typed that N looking thing.
Old 08-04-13, 11:20   #18
Cochrane
Golden

Quote:
What does it mean 4π? Also I don't even know how you typed that N looking thing.
That's the greek letter pi. On Mac OS X, you type it with alt+p (or alt+shift+p for a capital one: ∏).

An angle of 720° in degrees equals 4*pi in radian.
Old 08-04-13, 11:25   #19
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
That's the greek letter pi. On Mac OS X, you type it with alt+p (or alt+shift+p for a capital one: ∏).

An angle of 720° in degrees equals 4*pi in radian.
So it is the Greek letter for pi, I just didn't recognise it, maybe it was because of the way it's typed. Also that would be a cool name to have for a console, and beats the plain old 720 everyone thinks it'll be called. Got any ideas how to type the symbol for pi on Windows.
Old 08-04-13, 11:34   #20
Cochrane
Golden

Quote:
So it is the Greek letter for pi, I just didn't recognise it, maybe it was because of the way it's typed. Also that would be a cool name to have for a console, and beats the plain old 720 everyone thinks it'll be called. Got any ideas how to type the symbol for pi on Windows.
Plus, I still think they chose the name 360 to match the PS3. Using 4π would match the PS4…

The "Character Map" utility will have it. There must also exist some very convoluted process to type it in (something like hold Alt-Gr and then type a few numbers). You'll have to Google for that, I'm afraid.