Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 06-11-09, 04:09   #1
CrisGer

Default Absolutely Amazing

I have been playing the TR games for some years now, slowly and with great enjoyment. I have come to understand and know that we will see beautiful settings and amazing locations in all the games. But once in a while there is a stunner, an absolutely awesome view or place that just takes your breath away. Partly maybe this is a bit because I love the art of these games, and artistic design in general, but they certainly do have masterful designers and artists working on these games. I have been working thru the Castle in Scotland and enjoying it all, except maybe there is a bit too much high up jumping and climbing ...but it was worth it....for i got to the end of the level and found the secret meadow.... what a beautiful beautiful place that is. I loved the colours, the lighting and the textures, it is so wonderfully evocative of Scotland in a special way and I am so glad to have looked for this area, for I glimpsed it, from a high window and then reached the end of the level without finding that final secret

and ended up at Dover. So i had to come back and look and one thing led to another and ...here it is...

Bella Vista! I will post more pics around this, leading up to it tomorrow, but just had to share this one and a few thoughts and thanks to Core for such stunning and wonderful work.

Last edited by CrisGer; 06-11-09 at 04:15.
CrisGer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 07:01   #2
rr_carroll
Bug Scientist

Yes, that last secret really is eye candy. And I love the ancient Celtic elements scattered around the landscape.
rr_carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 17:12   #3
CrisGer

the detail in the Library leading up to this final part of the castle is delightful as usual..i love the way they pay attention to the settings and all the enhancements...

the lighting in the castle leading up to the hidden area is so beautifully done with the livid green light from the toxic spill.....

and the detail and the beauty of that area once you find it....is so moving and well done...

this was truly a delight to discover and the artists at Core are remarkable in their vision and skill ..this remains one of the most beautiful areas in any game i have seen...

Last edited by CrisGer; 10-11-09 at 17:13.
Old 15-11-09, 12:26   #4
Nephili

The screenshots from this game always amaze me, it looks so lush!

I havn't played Lost Artefact yet, or Unfiished Business, but really want to! I thought The Golden Mask was awesome so I bet I would love this.
Nephili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-09, 16:44   #5
rr_carroll
Bug Scientist

Here's some resurrected screenshots of places you can reach with careful jumping.

This vantage point is reached with flicker motion.

Old 15-11-09, 18:13   #6
Dents
Inactive

Can I just say though that TR1, 2 and 3 Gold aren't made by Core. They're made by a seperate team, who IIRC are part of Eidos.
Dents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-09, 05:49   #7
rr_carroll
Bug Scientist

Right, Dents. Here are 3 recent posts by aussie500 that discuss this in some detail.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show....php?p=4136609

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show....php?p=4096130

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show....php?p=4088405
Old 01-12-09, 07:47   #8
CrisGer

wow, wonderful to get that info. I will look on my disk for the manual, that explains a lot.

thanks so much for all the wonderful sharing RR and others, it really helps.

And those screenshots of hard to reach places are vey encourging as i had really hoped to get a closer look at the menhirs but never could figure out how to get there.