Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 18-03-18, 16:32   #12091
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daring Do View Post
I'd say classic Lara presents herself as feminine, while reboot Lara is more emotionally feminine. Classic Lara will act posh and all fancy, but will let you fall off a cliff without a second thought. While reboot Lara will swear like a drunken sailor and break everything, but she cares.
Yeah I think that's a pretty accurate observation.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-18, 16:39   #12092
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daring Do View Post
I'd say classic Lara presents herself as feminine, while reboot Lara is more emotionally feminine. Classic Lara will act posh and all fancy, but will let you fall off a cliff without a second thought. While reboot Lara will swear like a drunken sailor and break everything, but she cares.
Pretty much this
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 07:49   #12093
Daft Raider
Inactive

nvm, moved to relevant thread.

Last edited by Daft Raider; 20-03-18 at 08:06.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 20:31   #12094
HD Simplicityy

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...originals.aspx
RIP TR 1-3 Remasters. Not that I care, but you most likely do I bet.
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 21:43   #12095
Sir Launcelot

^ if they didn't change the whole camera/control system, I can't see anyone but diehard fans of the classics buying those anyways.

I'd certainly buy them if they made them built off the Legend/TRA engine, though.

The whole remaster thing is just meh, IMHO. It seems to be a money making schtick by some marginal companies, upjump the graphics eye candy a little bit on an old game and dump it out there on an unsuspecting public. They are not that far from mods created by devoted gamers, but sold for money.

I tried another "remastered" old favorite on Steam not all that long ago. I was not impressed.

AAA companies, bring us some new and interesting games. And you companies that are bringing us "remasters" should stop cluttering up the internet with your crap and go get jobs at Best Buy or someplace.

Last edited by Sir Launcelot; 21-03-18 at 21:45.
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 21:54   #12096
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot View Post
^ if they didn't change the whole camera/control system, I can't see anyone but diehard fans of the classics buying those anyways.
As far as I know these remasters were made for free by RealTechVR, no one but the diehard fans would have to buy them and Square would still make a profit. And still they cancelled it.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 23:48   #12097
ladydisturbed

Default nicobass?

sorry if it's been resolved but does anyone have any info on Nicobass who was redoing tomb raider 2? his last post and demo was august and i have a strong feeling he isnt finishing it
ladydisturbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 01:54   #12098
Sir Launcelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydisturbed View Post
sorry if it's been resolved but does anyone have any info on Nicobass who was redoing tomb raider 2? his last post and demo was august and i have a strong feeling he isnt finishing it
I haven't kept up on Nicobass. His demos were impressive, but that is a LOT of work for one person, so I would not be at all surprised if he has ceased work on it, or does cease work on it, if he is still active.

The gaming world is cluttered with relics in the form of unfinished game mods, going back years and years, for all genres. Lots of people will start a mod, finish some 3d work, some code, then a "beta" level or two, and quit, exhausted by it all.

I have noticed that the ones who quit earliest are usually the ones posting the loudest on any given forum beforehand about how their mod will be the greatest, "pwn" the original game, be the default mod for all serious multiplayer matches, etc.

Then they vanish, sometimes with an explanation but more often without. Sometimes they leave a pile of digital poo on a download site, with an exhortation for other modders to pick up the flag and complete their "great work", since they no longer have the time, they moved, switched jobs, the dog ate their only game disc, etc.
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 02:12   #12099
Yeauxleaux

I'm sure I heard about his TR2 remake months, if not a couple of years, before we just got that demo. At the rate he's going, we're gonna be talking years before he's done, unless he manages to find a team of talented armchair-developers (willing to work on it for free as a hobby) to help him along.

He might keep working on it if he really does have such a strong passion for the game. Considering the amount of time it's going to take him though, the final product might not feel worth the wait and effort no matter how amazing it turns out. It's such a shame because (**** it I'm going there) he's doing better alone on this than a team of hundreds did on Anniversary. He's incredibly talented and it would be absolutely criminal if no organised game company snapped him up to work for them.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 22-03-18 at 02:25.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 05:08   #12100
Grimaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
He's incredibly talented and it would be absolutely criminal if no organised game company snapped him up to work for them.
Apparently they did. The demo got him a few job offers which he’s focused his time on, though the plan is still to finish the Great Wall level and Croft Manor, last we heard. Even if that doesn’t happen, what he’s accomplished is more than enough.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote