Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 21-03-17, 23:25   #241
Sardoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famicom View Post
I have noticed music mutes when you access the inventory, which is great.
It would be truly awesome if instead of muting it paused, as it does on ps1.

There's an option to have it muted or not mute anything. I prefer never muting anything, so I'm quite chuffed for that. Aah, I love having choice.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-17, 10:31   #242
Famicom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
There's an option to have it muted or not mute anything. I prefer never muting anything, so I'm quite chuffed for that. Aah, I love having choice.
Yes, I'm not for muting either, hence my suggestion of getting the music paused in a psx (and probably Saturn) fashion.
Famicom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-17, 23:36   #243
Helegad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
It seems to me as if the game has a hardcoded color palette for the title image and ignores the palette stored in the PCX file. If you save the palette of TITLEH.PCX and import it to INSTALL.PCX the result looks exactly like your picture. Question is, if there's a way to make the game use the palette stored in the image or to override the palette with a custom one. Unfortunately that's something I have absolutely no idea of...
(On the other hand, I'm quite sure it should be possible to handle the PCX files like the other textures in the game and make them replacable somehow...)

EDIT: Here's an "install.pcx" that uses the correct palette: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tewydry4r...ITLEH.PCX?dl=0
Unfortunately, the palettes of these two images differ quite a lot, making the result rather ... old-school looking.
That's really cool! Thanks!

Tomb Raider(tm) Next-Gen HD Remaster(tm)

Helegad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-17, 20:13   #244
TRfan23
Golden

Quote:
DATA, with .phd and .pcx files inside. These are the level files and title screen textures.
FMV, which contains a couple of .rpl files. These are the movies.
These don't seem to be with the Steam Version, it looks like they're all shoved into the one GAME.GOG file, which I tried opening in WinRAR thinking I might be lucky that it's a compressed archive and didn't work.

I wonder if this is identical on GOG, especially when they're using GOG files it does look like they've just taken the GOG Version?
TRfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-17, 22:50   #245
Gian Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRfan23 View Post
These don't seem to be with the Steam Version, it looks like they're all shoved into the one GAME.GOG file, which I tried opening in WinRAR thinking I might be lucky that it's a compressed archive and didn't work.

I wonder if this is identical on GOG, especially when they're using GOG files it does look like they've just taken the GOG Version?
Download PowerISO and extract the files
Gian Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-17, 21:11   #246
Dustie

GAME.GOG is basically GAME.ISO, if I'm not mistaken. It can be mounted as a disk using disk image mounting tools.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-17, 07:51   #247
ANoDE
Golden

Additionally, advanced zip managers like 7zip etc should be able to open them.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-17, 15:32   #248
l3igl3oss

Is it possible to emulate PowerSGL Tomb Raider? I remember having played other games like Mechwarrior 2 and Cybertroopers Virtual On with a compatible card. I can't remember which one it was, only that I was behind the times, but enjoying an alternative to Voodoo 2 nonetheless.

edit: it was Matrox M3D.

Last edited by l3igl3oss; 31-03-17 at 15:43.
l3igl3oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-17, 08:31   #249
Famicom

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3igl3oss View Post
Is it possible to emulate PowerSGL Tomb Raider? I remember having played other games like Mechwarrior 2 and Cybertroopers Virtual On with a compatible card. I can't remember which one it was, only that I was behind the times, but enjoying an alternative to Voodoo 2 nonetheless.

edit: it was Matrox M3D.
PowerVR version was probably the best TR version at that time, with those 60 fps, colour fog, solid polygons and so on. Who knows if we'll be able to play that version anytime in the future with a wrapper/emulator of some kind. Even though it would be incredible, I'm more than happy with ATI GLRage version

Last edited by Famicom; 01-04-17 at 08:34.
Famicom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-17, 09:06   #250
l3igl3oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famicom View Post
PowerVR version was probably the best TR version at that time, with those 60 fps, colour fog, solid polygons and so on. Who knows if we'll be able to play that version anytime in the future with a wrapper/emulator of some kind. Even though it would be incredible, I'm more than happy with ATI GLRage version
Very few games were compatible, but I enjoyed the results with those I played (Tomb Raider and Mechwarrior 2), although it didn't quite live up to Voodoo 2 and its Glide API (my mistake on the previous post). Using 1024x768 on Tomb Raider was glorious though.
l3igl3oss is offline   Reply With Quote