Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 18-06-18, 23:31   #28131
domino92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
they still had the source code of REmake though, it's not like they had to program things from scratch
Games engines 16 years apart probably aren't that compatible.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-18, 23:40   #28132
matrix54

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
I see your point. Yh if you were smart enough and only used the Handgun for most fights, you'd end up with a ton of shotgun/GL ammo at the end.

Perhaps this will change in this remake, ammo seems in low supply..
Honestly, whenever I play RE2, I usually end up will about 95% of the enemies (not help from the knife). There’s enough to kill everything, but not much beyond that. The same applies to RE1. When I played the game frequently, I used to get the magnum and use that until the game ended and had ammo left over. Ammo for everything else just sat in my inventory.

Obviously, when you’re killing everything you’ll be low on ammo, but that’s because you’re killing everything. Classic bosses were often pushovers when you had a power weapon (like the RE1 Tyrant dying in 4 magnum shots).
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 05:43   #28133
RAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
I’d like limited saves in some capacity.
Same here. The limited ribbons really added tension in the classics and made you think twice whether it was worth to save or not.
RAID is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 06:17   #28134
robm_2007

That can be averted. Just limit yourself to saving :00 or :30 past the hour

As for limited ammo, I had 400+ ammo by the end of RE7. The whole game shouldn't even have that much!
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 08:57   #28135
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAID View Post
Same here. The limited ribbons really added tension in the classics and made you think twice whether it was worth to save or not.
This is true.

Nothing worse than being miles away from a save room, being on Danger, and having to hobble to save your game without dying! It was pure terror.
Really hope they add the Ink Ribbons in harder modes.

EDIT: I know people still whine about the fixed cameras - but at least you could always see where you were and the camera never moved.

I'm really starting to hate the 'zoom in' camera when you get bitten - its distracting and actually can throw you off where you even are in relation to the room and enemies in the dark.
Take this video (timestamped) Leon gets bitten, but because he is near a corner, the camera goes almost through them, making it impossible to know where Leon is actually standing/direction facing once he regains control.
I'd be better if the camera remained where it was (zoomed out) like it would in RE4,5,6 etc

https://youtu.be/nCDKROMYEUs?t=438

Seems to be a developer video however, as it doesn't end after 20 minutes are up.. they are uber bad at playing too at times!
The person is said video was clearly having some issues aiming - we get a snoop at the options menu - though its limited, for now.
I wonder if more options will be added in the final release, its almost guaranteed really, right?

I also wish that when characters get bitten in the leg by crawling zombies, that they'd actually head kick/stomp instead of simply shaking them off.. it doesn't necessarily need to be a 1 hit kill like the classics, but could deal light damage.. ehh I guess I am just so used to the classics in that regard. Coz this game looks SO much like RE2, we still need to play it differently.
It was like when Crash Bandicoot remaster came out, the amount of players trying to play like the originals via muscle memory - only to fail as its a totally new engine etc

Also, in same said video - the played dies and has not saved since the Main Hall 10 mins earlier... yet the demo still checkpoints and Leon respawns before the shutter with Elliot behind it..
I really hope checkpoints were only for the demo - otherwise why even bother with the typewriters at all except nostalgia.
Perhaps it could be a difficulty thing - easy mode checkpoints, normal and above do not? hmmm

Last edited by dcw123; 19-06-18 at 11:01.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 14:08   #28136
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
This is true.

Nothing worse than being miles away from a save room, being on Danger, and having to hobble to save your game without dying! It was pure terror.
Really hope they add the Ink Ribbons in harder modes.

EDIT: I know people still whine about the fixed cameras - but at least you could always see where you were and the camera never moved.

I'm really starting to hate the 'zoom in' camera when you get bitten - its distracting and actually can throw you off where you even are in relation to the room and enemies in the dark.
Take this video (timestamped) Leon gets bitten, but because he is near a corner, the camera goes almost through them, making it impossible to know where Leon is actually standing/direction facing once he regains control.
I'd be better if the camera remained where it was (zoomed out) like it would in RE4,5,6 etc

https://youtu.be/nCDKROMYEUs?t=438

Seems to be a developer video however, as it doesn't end after 20 minutes are up.. they are uber bad at playing too at times!
The person is said video was clearly having some issues aiming - we get a snoop at the options menu - though its limited, for now.
I wonder if more options will be added in the final release, its almost guaranteed really, right?

I also wish that when characters get bitten in the leg by crawling zombies, that they'd actually head kick/stomp instead of simply shaking them off.. it doesn't necessarily need to be a 1 hit kill like the classics, but could deal light damage.. ehh I guess I am just so used to the classics in that regard. Coz this game looks SO much like RE2, we still need to play it differently.
It was like when Crash Bandicoot remaster came out, the amount of players trying to play like the originals via muscle memory - only to fail as its a totally new engine etc

Also, in same said video - the played dies and has not saved since the Main Hall 10 mins earlier... yet the demo still checkpoints and Leon respawns before the shutter with Elliot behind it..
I really hope checkpoints were only for the demo - otherwise why even bother with the typewriters at all except nostalgia.
Perhaps it could be a difficulty thing - easy mode checkpoints, normal and above do not? hmmm
Personally I like the camera zooming in on a grab, especially now that more than one zombie can take you down. I love seeing all the grotesque detail in the zombie models up close. I can see why it would be confusing with the corner instance, but I guess the simple solution is to just watch what you are doing lol.

I do think you should be able to shake them off though, if you get grabbed. Sometimes in the classics you could avoid a bite if you pressed "x" fast enough. Some type of chance during it would be healpful.

As for checkpoints, I'm pretty sure it was stated that normal would have them. Once you increase difficulty, you have to rely on ink ribbons like the originals. I need to look for the source to verify that though.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 14:20   #28137
dcw123

^ That would be awesome.. no checkpoints and manual saves!

You can defend yourself using your knife (like you could in REmake1) - and like in REmake, it will stay in the zombie until you kill it and retrieve it
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 14:48   #28138
ECB

I've been skimming through some of the RE2 Remake coverage and I'm a little confused...

Will there still be two campaigns (Leon and Claire?) Or is it just Leon's campaign?

I want to see more of Claire...
ECB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 15:18   #28139
Grimaldi

There’s two campaigns.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 16:10   #28140
JsotoTRSaga

I still can't believe this is happening
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote