Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 11-05-14, 10:32   #11
Peterstar101

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Another thing that scares me a little bit is that prices of games on the PS3 (or any other console for that matter) are usually much higher than their PC counterparts.
Isn't that the norm? I normally see, new physical PC games for $20 dollars less than their console counterparts.
Peterstar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 10:38   #12
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Well, gaming where I live is very much in it's infancy. It's still considered to be a childish activity and you are expected to grow out of it. My parents absolutely refuse to accept that it's not like that and think older gamers are sick, literally.
I used to have it the same way with my parents so you have my sympathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterstar101 View Post
Isn't that the norm? I normally see, new physical PC games for $20 dollars less than their console counterparts.
It's definitely the norm (worldwide I think).
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 10:48   #13
Cochrane
Golden

That's a stupid question (or maybe I just don't get it). Of course I pass on console exclusive games. Why would anyone buy games that they literally cannot play because they do not have the required hardware?

People who do have consoles are console players in my book. There's no reason why someone can't be both a PC player and a console player, and it seems like a lot of people are, and if that's what they want to spend their money on, fine. But if you're talking about these people, then how does the question even make sense? If someone has a console then there's no reason to pass on console exclusives other than that they might not seem interesting. I don't think there are any people who own a PC and a console and refuse to buy a console-exclusive title only because no PC port is coming out.

So my guess is: Yes, all the people who don't own consoles do not buy console games for themselves.

(To answer the rest of the questions, I've excluded myself from most games actually simply because there are way too many. The only console exclusive that I was vaguely interested in was The Last Of Us, but I saw no reason to buy a console just for one game. And that did really help my enjoyment, because I got to spend all that money on other stuff, like model railroad trees.)

Last edited by Cochrane; 11-05-14 at 10:55.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 12:09   #14
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterstar101 View Post
Yes, that's what I was using. I meant that buying PC games is much more inexpensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
I used to have it the same way with my parents so you have my sympathy
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 15:28   #15
voltz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
(To answer the rest of the questions, I've excluded myself from most games actually simply because there are way too many. The only console exclusive that I was vaguely interested in was The Last Of Us, but I saw no reason to buy a console just for one game. And that did really help my enjoyment, because I got to spend all that money on other stuff, like model railroad trees.)
I see you're more of a hobbyist then a gamer.
voltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 16:43   #16
Cochrane
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltz View Post
I see you're more of a hobbyist then a gamer.
I wasn't aware that there's a difference, but I guess it's a fair description.
Old 11-05-14, 16:56   #17
dream raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
That's a stupid question (or maybe I just don't get it). Of course I pass on console exclusive games. Why would anyone buy games that they literally cannot play because they do not have the required hardware?

People who do have consoles are console players in my book. There's no reason why someone can't be both a PC player and a console player, and it seems like a lot of people are, and if that's what they want to spend their money on, fine. But if you're talking about these people, then how does the question even make sense? If someone has a console then there's no reason to pass on console exclusives other than that they might not seem interesting. I don't think there are any people who own a PC and a console and refuse to buy a console-exclusive title only because no PC port is coming out.

So my guess is: Yes, all the people who don't own consoles do not buy console games for themselves.

Boo! The Last of Us is worth buying two PS3s for it.

Like, seriously, if there are so many games you want to play, just pick 10 that you like the most that you can find for a bargain on ebay and get them and have fun.

DON'T MISS OUT ON THE LAST OF US. Let's plays just aren't good enough, and neither are railroad models.
dream raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 17:00   #18
voltz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream raider View Post
Let's plays just aren't good enough, and neither are railroad models.
C'mon, it's a choo-choo train!

I think I can! I think I can! I think I can! I think I can!

Last edited by voltz; 11-05-14 at 17:03. Reason: Woo-Woooooo!
voltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 17:01   #19
Cochrane
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream raider View Post
Boo! The Last of Us is worth buying two PS3s for it.

Like, seriously, if there are so many games you want to play, just pick 10 that you like the most that you can find for a bargain on ebay and get them and have fun.

DON'T MISS OUT ON THE LAST OF US. Let's plays just aren't good enough, and neither are railroad models.
You obviously don't have a model railroad.

The problem with playing games for me is really finding the time. I already have a pile of not-yet-played games. Adding more games to that won't help any. Buying a console specifically to add to that pile does not seem like a good investment at all.

(I guess technically I could buy The Last Of Us and add it to the pile without buying a PS3, and it wouldn't make any difference, but that just feels wrong)

Last edited by Cochrane; 11-05-14 at 17:10.
Old 11-05-14, 17:23   #20
klona
Golden

PC-only gamers are missing out on Okami, which is sad.

Very sad.
klona is offline   Reply With Quote