Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 12-07-16, 03:19   #1
GeekOfComedy

Question Using certain textures causing NG_Tom2PC to crash

Hi there,
For some reason NG_Tom2PC seems to crash whenever I use new textures in my TGA file I'm continuously expanding upon. As a reference, I'm only using 300 TexInfos so I don't believe I'm hitting any limits but I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this in the past.

I know it's textures as if I use my older first top textures (full texture, not a right click half of texture or 1/4 of texture style text info) the level converts fine.

Anyway if anyone seems to know of a fix, lemme know.

Details:
Version: Tomb_NextGeneration.dll (v.1.2.2.7+)
Found Extra NG Header
TOM Version: v.1.2.2.7
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 14:50   #2
Tombraiderplay
Inactive

Hmmmm maybe if your level is big enough to nearly breach the polygon limit maybe having a ton of textures to process is just too much for the convertor
Tombraiderplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 16:13   #3
GeekOfComedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraiderplay View Post
Hmmmm maybe if your level is big enough to nearly breach the polygon limit maybe having a ton of textures to process is just too much for the convertor
I don't know. The textures are 64x64 and I'm only on the 25th room... Not to mention I'm purposefully using old objects not with a ton of polygons.
Old 12-07-16, 19:29   #4
Joey79100

What is it doing when it crashes?
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 21:21   #5
GeekOfComedy

Hope this helps. I've no idea what's up.

I've no idea. When I apply textures that have been used before it's all good but when I apply new textures never been used before that's when it crashes. Thing is some of the new ones applied fine but it's like it hit a limit but their all 64x64 so there's no way in hell I hit the TextInfo limit and because all the objects are like from TR1, I doubt I hit the polygon limit too...

Edit: What I mean when I say old and new textures. I added on the great wall textures to the vilcabamba texture set.

EDIT 2: Solved the issue. Individually deleted all my animation ranges THEN reseted the animation ranges just to be sure and it seems to be fine now.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 12-07-16 at 21:30.
Old 12-07-16, 21:48   #6
Tombraiderplay
Inactive

Good
Tombraiderplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-16, 00:04   #7
KurtisandLara
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Hope this helps. I've no idea what's up.

[img]

I've no idea. When I apply textures that have been used before it's all good but when I apply new textures never been used before that's when it crashes. Thing is some of the new ones applied fine but it's like it hit a limit but their all 64x64 so there's no way in hell I hit the TextInfo limit and because all the objects are like from TR1, I doubt I hit the polygon limit too...

Edit: What I mean when I say old and new textures. I added on the great wall textures to the vilcabamba texture set.

[IMG]

[IMG]

EDIT 2: Solved the issue. Individually deleted all my animation ranges THEN reseted the animation ranges just to be sure and it seems to be fine now.
So to clarify this is an animation range problem? How curious . The editor is a picky girl!
KurtisandLara is offline   Reply With Quote