www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 09-02-13, 09:14   #1
Laras Boyfr.
Professor

Question Interview with Ady Smith from AOD

Im planning to have a written interview with Ady Smith ( the artist from AOD, not the producer)
He has worked on AOD mostly on the Strahov and Louvre Levels.
Apart from that he was involved with different projects such as:

Donkey Kong Country
Diddy Kong's Quest
Killer Instinct
GoldenEye
Fighting Force 2
Tomb Raider - Angel of Darkness
Deal or No Deal
Skill Black Jack
Jambo Safari
Back Yard Football
Driver SF
FIFA 12 Wii
NBA Baller Beats

Well before I start the interview, I thought you guys would like to ask some questions
So just keep em coming
Laras Boyfr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 09:39   #2
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Can't wait
Old 09-02-13, 12:24   #3
StarryEyes

YAY! I Love How People Are Still So Interested In AOD I <3 AOD.It Amazes Me.I Seriously Can't Wait For This
StarryEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 12:43   #4
Laras Boyfr.
Professor

Now just ask away!
Old 09-02-13, 13:26   #5
Zebra
Legend

#1: Is the order in which the Strahov levels ended up in the game the order in which they were originally supposed to be? There are things like Lara and Muller talking about Boaz before we even know who Boaz is that make us think there are parts which got cut or rearranged. Is this the case and if so what was the original order of the Strahov levels compared to the final one? What got cut or left out?

#2: You weren't working on the story so I understand if you can't answer this question but do you still remember who Luther Rouzic (the guy in a suit with the large melon-shaped head, one blind eye and scars across his face) was? This character was introduced to us before the game's release but wasn't actually in the game. There are rumours that we would've met him in a level inside the Strahov which got cut where we would've visited the Cabal's archives. Others say he was simply an early version of Karel. Now my question is if you still remember this character, who he was, where and how Lara would've met him and what his role in the story was. Or maybe even why he was left out of the game and if Karel was indeed a replacement for him. Anything you can remember on this, no matter how trivial it might seem to you, would be appreciated .
Old 09-02-13, 13:32   #6
Caesum
Tomb Raider

I surely want to ask some questions:
1. How many of Prague levels were really intended to be there? As far as I know Prague was made using bunch of cut parts of other levels.
2. How much of the original look of Tomb of Ancients level-set did make it to the final version? What was the original idea of the level?
3. This one might sound silly: Between Strahov Fortress and Bio-Research Facility Lara's outfit magically changes from long camo outfit to shorts. Was there a level or cutscene between them that was cut? If so, what was it?
4. There's an old screenshot of Lara inside a room which resembles the starting area of The Sanitarium, yet with a machine instead of the elevator. What was Lara going to do in Kurtis' levels?
5. Do you know what happened to the game's script? Was it destroyed or taken by Eidos when Core's abode was destroyed?
6. Do you know what happened to the old pre-release demo builds of the game? Like E3 Tomb of Ancients or two Parisian Backstreets demos(one with quite different area behind the doors and the one which more resembles the final, yet locked location)
7. Do you know anything about Putai? Were there any Egypt levels intended to be included in the game?

Last edited by Caesum; 09-02-13 at 13:54.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 15:34   #7
Laras Boyfr.
Professor

Guys, he was a level designer, he almost certainly doesnt know the answers to those questions.
I can ask Murti Schofield about those questions but not Ady Smith.
I hoped to have some neat questions on her, but I see the same questions over and over again...
Old 09-02-13, 15:42   #8
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

But he might know still
Old 09-02-13, 15:44   #9
Laras Boyfr.
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
But he might know still
No, Murti Schofield is your best bet here.
Old 09-02-13, 15:53   #10
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laras Boyfr. View Post
Guys, he was a level designer, he almost certainly doesnt know the answers to those questions.
Really? You said he was responsible for Louvre(I suppose it means also ToA, or not?) and Prague levels. I mean, he must have known at least a bit about the gameplay going on there, what levels he had to do and what was cut out. How would he do them at all otherwise?

The last three of my questions were more of "if you know anything". I just really think we should ask about script and demos everywhere.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote