www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 29-06-18, 05:32   #21
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDormant View Post
Only by using the flying cheat and avoiding the conversation with Bouchard
Or use the level skip/select cheat and choose renne's pawnshop after you get the watch, Before proceeding into Bouchard's hideout.
Old 29-06-18, 05:41   #22
SunDormant
Archaeologist

^ You can do that while preserving your inventory!?

You learn something new every day...
Old 29-06-18, 06:21   #23
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Quote:

You only lose some of your inventory (weapons) if you go to VC's apartment bc it's scripted.

PS2 version.
Old 29-06-18, 06:40   #24
Zreen001

Quote:

Yep, you can even use the level skip on ps2 to gain access to the unfinished training area in the Parisian Backstreets. Can't quite remember what exactly I did but I think the door unlocks (somehow) when you level skip to it from a future level (or when you get more strength? been a while since I played the ps2 version)
Zreen001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-18, 07:10   #25
Boobandie
Professor

I think you mean the bug where after exiting Le Serpent Rouge, the player turns around and crawls into the door they just came through. The game then loads the first level but without the end of level trigger so when you descend the ladder into the courtyard in front of the Derelict Apartment Building you can run around the unfinished training area.

The door never unlocks, but it can be opened from the other side.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-18, 14:47   #26
SunDormant
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
PS2 version.
Oh, I didn't know there was a level skip cheat in PS2. I've only ever played the PC version, and thought you could do that on it as well
Old 29-06-18, 19:48   #27
Samz
Archaeologist

And on PC level skipping means you keep all your stuff #PCMASTERRACE
Old 30-06-18, 20:40   #28
Pyro99
Explorer

I don't really think there is a better option per se, but I have picked Pierre in every single playthrough because I can't resist Lara's glorious lines when she tells of Bernard. "Advice? A decent coat? Deodorant?" Genius.
Old 30-06-18, 22:20   #29
Samz
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro99 View Post
I don't really think there is a better option per se, but I have picked Pierre in every single playthrough because I can't resist Lara's glorious lines when she tells of Bernard. "Advice? A decent coat? Deodorant?" Genius.
I swap between them, but yeah Snarky Lara is the best.
Old 01-07-18, 01:32   #30
kietasvyras
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by akci View Post
There is also the issue of maximizing pickups. If you go strictly legal then IIRC Pierre's route offers more by a couple, but if you willing to take full advantage of the reappearing pickups then it's an easy win for Bernard.
I'm pretty sure even if you don't know about this you have picked up some of them by accident, and you were like: 'Didn't I make this pickup before? Or maybe not? Oh well, let's move on!'
Anyway, it's about 15 pickups in this general area, they reappear when you exit Serpent Rogue, that's common on both routes. But on Bernard's route they reappear a third time.

And then there are the pickups you miss from the other route, whichever you choose. Some of those still can be taken with the SCU, but I've never made a full investigation of that so I don't know which route is more advantageous from this standpoint. But even if it's Pierre's I doubt it will make up for the extra 15ish from the other.
Does anyone know if that bug of reappearing pickups in Parisian Ghetto is only on the unpatched PC release or it is on patched PC release and on PS2 release too? I think I read that the official patch fixes that issue on the PC release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
Is it possible to even pawn francine's watch since you can't leave her appt. (Before the cutscene is triggered with eckhardt having killed Renne)? I also heard a rumor long ago when the game came out that Francine is Karel, but not sure if it's true.
No, it is not possible to pawn the watch you find at Francine's apartment without cheats. There must be something changed or removed in the game that made it unpawnable. Either there had to be another pawnshop in Prague, or Renne had to die not immediately after Lara leaves Bouchard's Hideout, or perhaps Francine's apartment was meant to be located somewhere else? Maybe there was meant to be some different entrance to St. Aicard's Graveyard? If you use cheats, you can still pawn that watch so it is unlikely that Core Design put it there where you could not pawn it later just to make more sense for Lara to return to Renne's Pawnshop, it must had a greater use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Wow LOL so Karel had sex with Pierre? Pierre screwed a fallen dark angel?

Childhood destroyed if that rumor is true.

No wonder Pierre was considered such a loser among the locals. He was the ex boyfriend of the actual angel of darkness.

I think it was an inside joke.

Let's blame Pierre for all of the events that occurred in AOD now.

edit: How come all Pierre's in the TR franchise are homosexual? I mean... classic Pierre also took Larson out for a milkshake... I think that is a fun fact.
Each post on this thread gets even more interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
I think you mean the bug where after exiting Le Serpent Rouge, the player turns around and crawls into the door they just came through. The game then loads the first level but without the end of level trigger so when you descend the ladder into the courtyard in front of the Derelict Apartment Building you can run around the unfinished training area.

The door never unlocks, but it can be opened from the other side.
Or, if I remember correctly, you can play though Parisian Back Streets and then when you are in Derelict Apartment Block you can use Level Select cheat and go to Parisian Back Streets again and the cutscene at the end of the level will not play again for the second time so you can now access the secret part of the level? If I remember correctly there is also a way to access the secret part of the level by somehow jumping backwards on the ladder?

Last edited by kietasvyras; 01-07-18 at 01:47.
kietasvyras is offline   Reply With Quote