www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 02-07-18, 00:35   #11
Lord Lulu
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Thank you. I think AoD is probably my new third favorite too, with TR3 as first and TR1 as second.
That's a coincidence. TR3 is my first and TR1 is my second. Then I would go: TR4, TR2 and TR5.
Old 05-07-18, 12:22   #12
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Controls? Eidos forced them to change to analog stick camera-based movement instead of Tank Controls Late in Development.
Story issues/rushed sections? Eidos took 8 months off the development time.
The analog sticks were added pretty early during TRAOD production according to Ady Smith. I don't think there was any other controls scheme before that. Or at least not one favored by Core or considered 'final'. There was new and better controls scheme though made shortly before release, but it was too late to add it to the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Its absurd how almost every problem if you dig deep enough, falls down to Eidos screwing Core in a way.
The game lacked direction and the management was bad. Of course Eidos and Sony added up to TRAOD problems, but Core still had 3 years to create the game and struggled to do so.

I simply adore TRAOD of course, but I don't think saying "Eidos screwed Core" is true. Core was a company whose main job was to produce games that give profit. It's only natural Eidos wanted another new TR game then, especially since it was their best selling title. Eidos actually gave Core free hand when making TRAOD since they trusted them. Even Jeremy Heath-Smith said that he was full of himself at that time because Eidos was treating them too kind. And even after TRAOD's failure Eidos was still willing to keep Core Design and reorganize the team, Eidos also greenlit several projects invented by Core after TRAOD. Unfortunately SCi bought Eidos, then realised Core doesn't have any strong IP and decided to kill them to cut costs.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 15:41   #13
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
The analog sticks were added pretty early during TRAOD production according to Ady Smith. I don't think there was any other controls scheme before that. Or at least not one favored by Core or considered 'final'. There was new and better controls scheme though made shortly before release, but it was too late to add it to the game.
Can't remember which one (I think it was the ps2 launch one), but one early Trailer shows Lara firing while going down some stairs like in the classics (Her upper body moves to aim, but she keeps moving normally) instead of staring the weird strafe-lock thing that was in the released game.

Plus Eidos just randomly robbed Core of 8 Months of development time to rush the game out...for some reason (I don't think anyone knows as far as I know Eidos wasn't in Financial trouble at the time) forcing Core to rush the game out in the state it was in.

Last edited by Samz; 07-07-18 at 21:16.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote