Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 29-07-10, 23:34   #1331
Tonyrobinson

I hated how it was in AOD and I hate the storey driven TR games I just would like a better system and a little more interaction.

Meh, I don't know what I want.

I just want a good game.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-10, 00:18   #1332
razorgirl

Cool my amazing suggestion

If there is another tombraider [i hope] I want to bring back the head shot and adrenaline action from TRA. But I DO NOT want to die and having to go back to my last save point. It is very anoying when you don't have a memory card like in AOD.

Last edited by razorgirl; 30-07-10 at 00:22.
razorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-10, 22:21   #1333
DillonDeBoda
Inactive

I think because TR9 may be a open world I think that Rockstar(The people who made Grand theft auto) should help CD. I mean look at "Red dead redemtion" I love the horses.
DillonDeBoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-10, 23:18   #1334
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by danraid View Post
Younger lara transformation into a hardened adventurer or present lara on a new adventure on a deserted Island?

A very dark atmosphere or a more colorful palette?

I actually don't really mind having a younger Lara if there is no connection with her past or any family, friend related stuff. But I would like it more to see the mature Lara cause I would have so much more fun discovering This whole open Island with the Lara I like most.

This new dark approach could be very interesting and mysterious. But when it's to dark the whole time it's getting boring. So I would like a huge differences in the game when it's night and day. When it's day the colors are very bright and colorful, and in the night it's getting really dark and scary
Seeing as there is supposed to be different regions of the island, multiple underground tombs, natural weather, I'd expect lots of different colours and schemes.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 07:38   #1335
Gherkin

I want an Uncharted style combat system. Take cover, stealth/ melee combat, only 1 secondary weapon (plus pistols). Also, grenades. AND, instead of a health bar, have the screen slowly turn black and white when she is dying. Also, she should pant and whimper if close to death.

P.S. And I don't mind if it has to have an M rating, so long as it's a good game.
Gherkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 13:27   #1336
Catracoth
Inactive

^ That's not even the "Uncharted cover system" - that cover system has been around far longer than Uncharted .

Uncharted elements in Tomb Raider = no.

I don't understand why people take this game that is supposed to be dark and eerie and evil and say "Hey, let's make it colourful!!1!" this isn't a children's game, ladies and gentlemen.
Catracoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 13:41   #1337
Underworld2008

this is my wish list, my own opinions one what i'd love to see

1. Keeley Hawes returning
2. Finding weapons and medi-packs
3. Nothing about her parents, Natla (2, 3 if u coundt 1 an A, games is enough)
4. Re-play value like outfits, secrets, time trails
5. A GOOD fresh new story line/arc
6. TR3 attitude
7. Croft Manor, a place for a peaceful rest away from the maing game, to unlock secrets, maybe a movie room for cinematics, the stero idea from TRA
8. The ability to have CHOOSE if you want zip in your ear, some like it, some didn't.
9. A range of locations/terians such as jungle, city, deserts, sea, caves ect.
10. ATMOSPHERE.

Last edited by Underworld2008; 02-08-10 at 13:43.
Underworld2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 13:44   #1338
Catracoth
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underworld2008 View Post
7. Croft Manor, a place for a peaceful rest away from the maing game, to unlock secrets, maybe a movie room for cinematics, the stero idea from TRA
If TR9 is like how we think it is, there won't be Croft Manor like you want - Lara would be stranded on an island. I think the only time they could properly add it is before Lara gets stranded and after she finds a way off the island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underworld2008 View Post
8. The ability to have CHOOSE if you want zip in your ear, some like it, some didn't.
Zip wouldn't be in the game - Lara didn't know him until around the events of TR5.
Catracoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 13:55   #1339
Apofiss

All following is just a bunch of personal/subjective thoughts and nothing of it is stated as a fact. I promise it is the last one ;]

I presume that work on TR titles is being done by professionals yet in the end it seems that something is missing - the actual interest of a specific level/atmosphere/gameplay/etc... from a perspective of a gamer, it's just not there - after 15min of gameplay it's getting rather boring :/

Lets try to see WHY?

Look at, for example, Alan Wake game; it is able to hold your (my) interest throught all the gane process. WHY? The reason is - a rather perfect balance between running/shooting/action/cut-scenes/everything. AND most importantly the level itself.

Now, Tomb Raider game isn't THAT type which can afford huge/open world locations/level design becouse it looses ALL its entia. The bigger it gets the more boring/less qualitative it gets - that is how it works! I would suggest smaller levels yet with enourmous usability, personality... something that would make one to stay for more, rise interest in details and more and so on. DON'T give lots "WOW" level designs in a huge proportions, DON'T do that... such approuch kills a lot of the whole experiance.

WHY CD is not able to do a good actor/voice play? WHY? Look at games like Max Payne, MGS4, Alan Wake or even TR3, etc - amazing. TRL+ ...there is hardly any emotional attachment towards the person who plays it :/

I believe the problem is that CD are like forced to make such TR games to gain appeal towards mass casual gamers. Weather it's this or a lack of ability. I don't see any other solid reason hmm...

P.S. once again, this harsh opinion is ment for a positive influence towards next TR titles. AND these thoughts ARE VERY SUBJECTIVE. CD still does a great job!
Apofiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 14:45   #1340
Underworld2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catracoth View Post
If TR9 is like how we think it is, there won't be Croft Manor like you want - Lara would be stranded on an island. I think the only time they could properly add it is before Lara gets stranded and after she finds a way off the island. Zip wouldn't be in the game - Lara didn't know him until around the events of TR5.
I didn't know the "origins" story was comfirmed?

my idea's were based of the fact nothing was comfirmed, sorry!
Underworld2008 is offline   Reply With Quote