Old 29-08-14, 11:39   #11
peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Natla was such a bad-ass in TR1.

"You won't rest either. You, or your damn continent Atlantisssss!"
"Well....? Kill her!"

hehe..
I agree that natla did a great job at being bad ass in TR1 but in TRA and TRU she still did a good job as natla.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-14, 12:00   #12
malferink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Lara catches a platform but Natla falls into the darkness below and we believe into lava. But no, she is caught by a flying creature. She grafts it onto her spine so she can fly and attaches its canon to her arm.
Have you made this up or is this officially stated somewhere? first time i've heard of it.
malferink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-14, 14:07   #13
Benjamin4792
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by malferink View Post
Have you made this up or is this officially stated somewhere? first time i've heard of it.
I have never heard of this
Benjamin4792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-14, 19:50   #14
dcw123

I have..

Plus it's obvious if you play TR1 and and look at Natla's model.

She hasn't sprawn wings from herself like in TRA.. (in TR1 she was NOT an Atlantian 'God' in terms of her being not human - she was a human being in TR1)

You can see she has used an Atlantian's torso, as its 'arms' are wrapped around her waist .. this is not coming out of her biologically.

She also uses the bomb arm as a 'gun' - again, this is only placed ontop of her arm (kinda like how Spiderman shoots webs), this is not coming out of Natla's human hands (like in TRA)

dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-14, 20:26   #15
TR-Freak
Unverified

Speaking of Tihocan and Qualopec : Why did they die in TRA?
They were gods and (like Natla) immortal.

It makes more sense in TR1, where all three of them are human beings.
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-14, 21:53   #16
Caesum

^ When did they die? As far as I remember in TRA Qualopec was very much alive when Lara took the Scion. He stood up and wanted to chase her, but then the whole thing started to collapse*.
Then Tihocan, he wasn't even in his grave, it was completely empty. He probably went somewhere and haven't been seen since**.

* - Yeah, great idea Crystal Dynamics. Make someone alive and then smash him to death with rocks. It was sensible in TR1 when Qualopec was dead and the only protection for Scion were traps, but this?
** Great idea again, CD. If Tihocan was not dead, then why he didn't even try to find Natla? She wasn't even hiding before anyone.
The only logical explanation would be that Natla killed him, but then hey - he is immortal!
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 07:33   #17
TR-Freak
Unverified

Qualopec looks quite dead to me in Anniversary.
I mean, the mummy in TRA dies too, after reaching for Lara.
Qualopec and Tihocan were able to use "magic" -> it would have been an easy task to free the tomb i guess.
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 11:15   #18
peeves

I believe qualopec and tihocan were both dead in TRA i mean Qualopec's dead body chased lara after she took the scion and Tihocan's dead body was missing from the grave.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 05:06   #19
Bornheim

The differences in plot from TR1 and TRA are minuscule on the surface, seemingly only comprising of expansions and tweaks that modernized the 1996 plot for a 2014 audience. But these changes brought about some astounding plot holes.

In TRA, Natla is shown as immortal, a theme Crystal Dynamics ran with. This is not necessarily the case in TR1, as she was cryogenically frozen underground rather than held in an actual Limbo. We're not shown when it was Natla was freed from her frozen chamber, only treated to the knowledge that her cell was exposed to the outside in the mid-1940s.

PSX graphics don't do much in the way of showing how old Natla is, but a good 50 years have been passed between 1945 and 1996, implying one or more of the following:

1 - Natla doesn't age as rapidly as modern humans.

2 - Natla's cell was exposed in 1946, but she wasn't freed until the mid-70s or 80s.

3 - Natla could be immortal (but given the fact that Tihocan and Qualopec have all perished, this seems very unlikely).

For all we know of the 1996 Natla, she is a human (or human-Atlantean) hell-bent on barbaric practices that go against nature and evolution. Her obsession with this has led Lara all the way to hidden Pyramid of Atlantis. In some regards, Natla isn't even a true villain in 1996. Whereas the modern Natla is a true force of evil, 1996 Natla is somebody whose ambitions got the better of her. In 1996, she was so blinded her obsessions that she lost all regard for human life. Crystal Dynamics made her far more intelligent, but also far more of a proud sociopath-- why should somebody who is immortal care about anybody but herself? 1996 Natla didn't only care about herself. She clearly thought she could do SOMETHING with the Scion aside from just be a queen.

---

In Tomb Raider Anniversary, Natla is presented as a very odd woman with an clear inhuman design. She is, as she clearly states, an immortal being. Tihocan's tomb is shown as empty, implying he may still exist in some other capacity. Natla can only die should she be struck down by a diety. The mythology of TRA really doesn't make a whole lot of sense, much like any two-bit fantasy job that isn't fully fleshed out. As with fantasy, you don't need to explain much if you don't want to-- it lets our imaginations run wild; but oddly enough, they explained perhaps a little too much because it all just became a mess. The Natla shown in TRU is far closer in design to her 1996 counterpart, with the same amount of sass-- that being said, it just further convoluted the already messy plot.
Bornheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 05:36   #20
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornheim View Post
1 - Natla doesn't age as rapidly as modern humans.
I think that's the one they were going for (that the Atlanteans had longer life spans due to their technology, or something to that effect).

Anyhow, I agree with pretty much all of your points
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote