Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 18-08-22, 20:56   #1
Marcos!

Default Brightness, contrast, backlight...

Hello!!
I need to know how you have configured the values ​​of your screen:
-Brightness
-Contrast
-Backlight
-and any other parameters
I would like to make a general average of what is used the most. My intention is to adjust the lights of the rooms, based on the most used parameters.

(I hope it is understood. I'm using google translator)
Marcos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-22, 21:17   #2
SrDanielPonces

Honestly it also depends on the type of monitor, i have one where the lighting of one of my levels is considerably bright and the other is almost pitch black
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-22, 22:54   #3
Marcos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
Honestly it also depends on the type of monitor, i have one where the lighting of one of my levels is considerably bright and the other is almost pitch black
In general there are similarities.
In any case, please let me know the screen configuration of each one of you. Thanks.
Old 18-08-22, 23:22   #4
szeol

I guess you shouldn't worry about that. I am showing the game on my TV and monitor. And everything looks great. But I took my level to my friend and she had a very dark picture. But we watched the game during the day. She have windows to the south and the sun was shining very brightly. You can see everything better at night. I think that if your picture looks good, it will be ugly or prettier elsewhere. We cannot predict what settings someone else has.
szeol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-22, 23:55   #5
Marcos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by szeol View Post
I guess you shouldn't worry about that. I am showing the game on my TV and monitor. And everything looks great. But I took my level to my friend and she had a very dark picture. But we watched the game during the day. She have windows to the south and the sun was shining very brightly. You can see everything better at night. I think that if your picture looks good, it will be ugly or prettier elsewhere. We cannot predict what settings someone else has.
That is exactly why I want to collect information and make an average.
I don't understand why they want to frustrate my investigation.
Old 19-08-22, 00:54   #6
klona
Golden

I have everything on default. It really depends on your monitor, so collecting that type of info isn't going to help at all.

A better way to go about this is try it on a dozen different screens as each monitor outputs very differently and it's impossible to measure without an actual calibration device. You can do this by posting a screenshot and asking people if they think this is too bright or too dark and get to a conclusion from there. Asking for people's settings is going to skew your results by lightyears and achieve the opposite of what you want as their settings will look different on your monitor.

If that's too much work then you can try not going under 16,16,16 ambience as I feel like anything under that is too dark (assuming you even have low intensity lights around). IF you go below it however, make sure there are enough brighter lights to compensate.
klona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-22, 02:00   #7
Marcos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klona View Post
I have everything on default. It really depends on your monitor, so collecting that type of info isn't going to help at all.

A better way to go about this is try it on a dozen different screens as each monitor outputs very differently and it's impossible to measure without an actual calibration device. You can do this by posting a screenshot and asking people if they think this is too bright or too dark and get to a conclusion from there. Asking for people's settings is going to skew your results by lightyears and achieve the opposite of what you want as their settings will look different on your monitor.

If that's too much work then you can try not going under 16,16,16 ambience as I feel like anything under that is too dark (assuming you even have low intensity lights around). IF you go below it however, make sure there are enough brighter lights to compensate.

I do not agree.
I want to check if there is a tendency to increase brightness or contrast or to decrease these parameters. The difference is crucial because the textures look very differentif the brightness is higher, for example.
Personally, I lower the brightness, the contrast and the backlight, due to the fact that I am in front of the screen for many hours. In this way I avoid visual fatigue. Possibly many users do the same. This is exactly what I want to verify. Or if the opposite happens.
Old 19-08-22, 23:18   #8
snork

I prefer to play TRLE levels in a dark room, with the monitor's parameters very low.
This sometimes (natural environment) makes it difficult to see where Lara can go/ climb/ etc. , but it also makes the environment look less block-ish, so: "prettier"

I am pretty sure that I am in a small minority with these preferences.

ps : Marcos as in Marcos Mensa?
Then thank you for your levels - "Holy Mission" has had me involved and touched me most of all levels played (when Lara freed them souls ... I got wet eyes ).
That game was often dark, sometimes very dark or even pitch-black - and it was good that way.
snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-22, 23:22   #9
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos! View Post
I do not agree.
he wasnt even stating an opinion it was a fact
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-22, 05:26   #10
DaroRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
ps : Marcos as in Marcos Mensa?
Then thank you for your levels - "Holy Mission" has had me involved and touched me most of all levels played (when Lara freed them souls ... I got wet eyes ).
Yes he is Marcos Mensa.
I also agree with you, his spooky levels are indeed a superb and amazzing in the way he managed to achieve that cinematic scenes ( intensive use of wadmerger and TREP combination ) ...

Last edited by DaroRaider; 20-08-22 at 06:47.
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote