SLAYER
Archaeologist

So any ETA?
Old 12-11-17, 22:10   #672
_Alex_
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
It's in the cutscene, when she changes back into her shorts, it's just they disabled it from being on her face during the level for some reason. That isn't a strap on the backpack ala legend btw, it's the back of the diving mask.

Then again, there are a lot of beta items in the INVENT level...
When I said it looked like the backpack from Legend I meant that they didn't come up with the idea until Legend and that the "backpack strap" had to be apart of the mask

And I do wonder if there's any more beta items hidden in any other levels under the maps, like how in Legend the beta AOD-Legend model was under the flashback map in the Peru level
Old 12-11-17, 22:16   #673
nakamichi680
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER View Post
So any ETA?
hopefully by the end of the month but I can't guarantee it. I'm adding a lot of stuff to the EXE Multipatcher, next version (2.0) will be a major update with at least 11 new mods/fixes (7 already written) and improved UI. Beta testing will also take some time.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-17, 09:02   #674
Joey79100
Archaeologist

Do you plan to release a new version of the Animation Exporter, with translations included? Currently it's very hard to work with animations that use them but don't actually have them.

Also, I know you said you're quite busy, but I have a suggestion for it, but you decide if you want to include it or not obviously.
I'm "porting" AOD animations to TRLE by importing TRLE Lara and AOD Lara in 3DS Max, and trying to remake the AOD anim with TRLE Lara faithfully, but there's one thing I have to do every time I import an AOD animation, because she's scaled and rotated differently than TRLE Lara. Actually, it seems TRLE Lara has a "correct" scale (she's about 768 units tall, so a block is 1024 units tall... at least it fits the TRLE scale), but she's rotated the wrong way, by 180. So when I import an AOD animation, I rotate AOD Lara (by AOD Lara I mean the HIP bone) by 180 , invert the X and Y position curves, and scale X, Y and Z position curves and Lara at 264%.
Do you think you could include an option to automatically rotate and scale the animations that way?
Old 13-11-17, 21:02   #675
nakamichi680
Historian

^ I'll switch to the Animation Exporter soon after the release of the Multipatcher and I'll see what I can do with the scaling and rotation.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 00:48   #676
Heckler
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Do you plan to release a new version of the Animation Exporter, with translations included? Currently it's very hard to work with animations that use them but don't actually have them.

Also, I know you said you're quite busy, but I have a suggestion for it, but you decide if you want to include it or not obviously.
I'm "porting" AOD animations to TRLE by importing TRLE Lara and AOD Lara in 3DS Max, and trying to remake the AOD anim with TRLE Lara faithfully, but there's one thing I have to do every time I import an AOD animation, because she's scaled and rotated differently than TRLE Lara. Actually, it seems TRLE Lara has a "correct" scale (she's about 768 units tall, so a block is 1024 units tall... at least it fits the TRLE scale), but she's rotated the wrong way, by 180. So when I import an AOD animation, I rotate AOD Lara (by AOD Lara I mean the HIP bone) by 180 , invert the X and Y position curves, and scale X, Y and Z position curves and Lara at 264%.
Do you think you could include an option to automatically rotate and scale the animations that way?
Wouldn't it be easier to transfer AOD Lara's animations to a rig and have that drive TRLE Lara's bodyparts to save back to a compatible version for the LE? If I'm not mistaken that is how someone experimented with motion capture for TRLE some years back. I have some free time towards the end of the week. Will most definitely check it out
Old 14-11-17, 05:52   #677
Joey79100
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to transfer AOD Lara's animations to a rig and have that drive TRLE Lara's bodyparts to save back to a compatible version for the LE? If I'm not mistaken that is how someone experimented with motion capture for TRLE some years back.
WAIT WHAT? I think I've missed something here.

And to answer your questions, there are several reasons.
First, TRLE Lara and AOD Lara have different proportions, different locations for each bone, which makes rotations work differently. And AOD Lara has way more bones than TRLE Lara. So many animations would end up with the feet moving on the ground, or in the ground, same for the hands, so, lots of repositioning to be done. Plus, AOD Lara uses several kinds of keys, like scale, position, and I think there are other things I don't really know... while with TRLE we can only use rotation, and position only for the root mesh, so we'd have to fix what's missing.
Also, some animations with TRLE aren't triggered exactly the same way/place (I mean, according to an object, a wall, etc). For example, the pickup animation, it's triggered right above the object in TRLE, while in AOD she's a bit behind. Not a lot of fixing here, but other animation have other kinds of differences too. In the end, lots of fixing to be done, which I'm not sure would be easier than recreating from scratch. Because when recreating from scratch, you can just make it directly the way it needs to be for TRLE, and reuse what you've done easily when you create other animations. For example, after you've done the grab ledge animation and put Lara at the correct position (root position, the hands, etc), you can just reuse this to start remaking the other animations like shimmying. Using already existing animations, if Lara isn't positionned correctly, lots of fixing would have to be done for it to look correct. Finally, another completely personal reason: it helps enhancing one's skills in animation making by analysing how animations are made with AOD Lara, there are many subtle things that make her really human and it's interesting to watch them and remake them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
^ I'll switch to the Animation Exporter soon after the release of the Multipatcher and I'll see what I can do with the scaling and rotation.
Thank you! But take your time and do what you can, I don't want this to sound as a request.