Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 19-03-18, 19:35   #51
R41D3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendLuvr24 View Post
Some of you in this thread are really misunderstanding what an easter egg is lol. An easter egg is not the movie copying plot elements from the game. An easter egg is an intentional inside joke/tongue in cheek reference, hidden message or image. So an example of that is Amelia dying in 1996, which is likely a homage to the first Tomb Raider game which came out in 1996. Or Vikander holding the exact same pistols that Angelina Jolie had in the first films, while wearing her same haircut. Those little things are easter eggs and tributes to the fans. The movie copying plot elements from the game, or doing shot for shot remakes from the game? Isn't.
LOL, I was about to ask that very question, as this thread seemed fishy.
R41D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-18, 20:36   #52
CraigL

Quote:
Some of you in this thread are really misunderstanding what an easter egg is lol. An easter egg is not the movie copying plot elements from the game. An easter egg is an intentional inside joke/tongue in cheek reference, hidden message or image. So an example of that is Amelia dying in 1996, which is likely a homage to the first Tomb Raider game which came out in 1996. Or Vikander holding the exact same pistols that Angelina Jolie had in the first films, while wearing her same haircut. Those little things are easter eggs and tributes to the fans. The movie copying plot elements from the game, or doing shot for shot remakes from the game? Isn't.
I know what an Easter egg is but it's also nice to point out other little bits about the film that were reminiscent about the game.
CraigL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 00:06   #53
Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post

I was talking about this one.
Nah it definitely didnt look like that, much messier.

And yeah the thread is more for any nods or similarities at this point tbh there werent a ton of intentional easter eggs which was a tad dissapointing but im sure some got cut, like lara having a Playstation in her room which we never got to see...
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 01:13   #54
AimlessThunder

The clue from the puzzle with the key reminds me of:

2:40
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 08:11   #55
Avalon SARL

Yesterday I watched the movie for the second time and Yes I listened very carefully and could hear Ballet Music from the first film Playing when Lara makes a visit to the company

More to that, the music when Lara takes the key and visits the manor to discover her father's secret room is also very similar (kind of more upbeat with more instruments) to the music when AJ Lara wakes up to the sound of her father's clock ticking and she traces it into the secret room
Avalon SARL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 08:16   #56
just*raidin*tomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
The clue from the puzzle with the key reminds me of:

2:40
Oh yeah definitely me too! Its the first thing I thought of!
just*raidin*tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 08:31   #57
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
The outfit Lara wears in the movie is almost identical to the one in the game.

Lara wears her hair in a similar ponytail, I think that’s a nod to the way she has her hair in the game.

I think the use of the Himiko legend was a nod to Queen Himiko in the game.

These are the types of “Easter Eggs” that are being posted, I’m glad I’m not the only who one noticed.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 11:53   #58
PinkyPromise

The signature of Lara Croft
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 15:30   #59
Jen_TR

The music from TR1 in the Croft business reception I loved, also the coloured stones she uses in the puzzle in the current film reminded me of the dragon collectibles in the TR2 game There were a few other times in the movie I was like 'AW' too, but can't remember off the top of my head right now!
Jen_TR is offline   Reply With Quote