Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 14-03-18, 18:40   #1
DragonSlayer

Default Jim Bowen has died aged 80

I saw it on the news a few minutes ago that the Bullseye host Jim Bowen has passed away.

I'm going to miss him I loved his catchphrases on Bullseye, I watch the show every night on Challenge.

Stay out of the black and in the red nothing in this game for two in a bed
Come and have a look at what you could have won

And all his other catchphrases.

I see various people on twitter saying stuff like Stephen Hawking and Jim Bowen dying on the same day. I see they kept to the rules that the non dart player goes first.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 19:09   #2
redfox45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I'm going to miss him I loved his catchphrases on Bullseye, I watch the show every night on Challenge.
Same here, true comfort watching.

It's kind of a shame he never really made it in much else other than his cameo in Peter Kay's cover of Amarillo.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 20:12   #3
Yeauxleaux

I'm amazed he was "only" 80 tbh. Bullseye was 30 years ago and he looked really old then.

Was never a fan of the show but a sad loss nonetheless.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 15-03-18 at 04:11.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 09:39   #4
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I'm amazed he was "only" 80 tbh. Bullseye was 30 years ago and he looked really old then.

Was never a fan of the show but a sad loss nonetheless.
He was the best host for the show, the other guy who did it long after Bullseye had ended Dave Spikey I think his name was just wasn't any good, Jim Bowen is Bullseye no one else will ever be as good I did read somewhere recently that they are thinking of bringing back Bullseye with Bradley Walsh as host he would be a good choice for host I like him on The Chase. One video I saw last night where he was being interviewed many years ago the guy interviewing Jim said you can't have Bullseye without Jim Bowen.

I was watching a video on Twitter last night Jim was telling a story of a contestant in a wheelchair they had on the show the producer went into a bit of a panic not because of the guy in the wheelchair but because of the prise he was going to win which was three grand worth of furniture saying we can't give a guy in a wheelchair three grand worth of immovable furniture not sure what the logic behind that was anyway so they went with the second prise which he won it turned out that he had won a skiing holiday, I think he would have preferred the furniture.

Another video had Jim at one of his physio sessions which ended with him saying I'm going now I a little when he said that I don't know how old that video is buy if it was recent that would make the end of the video very emotional for lack of a better word.

Some of the stuff I saw on Twitter last night made me

One showed a picture of a coffin with the caption RIP Jim Bowen let's have a look at what he could be buried in.

Another showed a load of speedboats lined up on either side at a marina/dock with the caption nice to see Jim Bowen's former colleagues forming a guard of honour in his respect.

Others said rip Jim Bowen you've got your bfh, that's your bus fare home brilliant show and a fantastic host.

Jim Bowen hoped to get a discount on a double plot at the cemetery the vicar said you don't get anything off for two in a plot

I did have a dream about Jim last night I met him in a pub where he autographed one of his pictures for me then we had a few pints, before I left the pub I said to him would you like one last throw of the darts? I don't know what his answer was I woke up just after that I like to think he said yes.

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 15-03-18 at 09:42.
Old 15-03-18, 19:36   #5
welshguy34

Very sad news. I used to enjoy watching Bullseye as a kid. He was "super smashing great". RIP.
welshguy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-18, 09:12   #6
DragonSlayer

Another Bullseye legend has passed away, Eric Bristow died yesterday aged 60 after a heart attack, he's one of only 3 celebrity dart throwers on Bullseye that I can remember Jocky Wilson was the second I can't remember the name of the third guy all I can remember about him is that he had Mickey Mouse on the back of his shirt.