Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 30-04-12, 20:50   #1941
larson n natla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lugia 2 View Post
Eh? Its nothing new, she's used to it. You make it sound like its the first time she's ever had in-your-face symbolism (for whatever reasons) in her videos.

I caught on as soon as I saw the single cover with the whole eye thing.

Downloaded the video in 1080p. She needs to dance more, this is amazing!
No, I know she's been doing it since Disturbia. -
larson n natla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 20:57   #1942
Dark Lugia 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by larson n natla View Post
No, I know she's been doing it since Disturbia. -
Hehe. Much earlier than Disturbia, actually!
Dark Lugia 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 22:17   #1943
[Xmas]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lugia 2 View Post
Hehe. Much earlier than Disturbia, actually!
She's been doing it all the time + the entire mirror symbolism in the S.O.S. "someone help me" video is so in your face it's getting boring. I'm sure there's plenty of it in Pon De Replay as well
[Xmas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 23:11   #1944
Dark Lugia 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Xmas] View Post
She's been doing it all the time + the entire mirror symbolism in the S.O.S. "someone help me" video is so in your face it's getting boring. I'm sure there's plenty of it in Pon De Replay as well

That's exactly what I was thinking, the whole mirror multiple personality thing and checkered floor pattern. And we see multiple personalities again in Where Have You Been, I do love the effects they used though

In case anyone thinks I'm hating, I'm not 'cause I stan for Rihanna.

Last edited by Dark Lugia 2; 30-04-12 at 23:16.
Dark Lugia 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 23:36   #1945
Chocola teapot

That was EXCELLENT. <33

I just loved it. My fav song and video if this Era.

It was so atmospheric and mysterious, and 'dat golden mask.

Omfg.
Chocola teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 23:45   #1946
Sir Croft

I have mixed feelings about the video. While it's undeniably pretty with great scenes and choreography, what the hell happened to videos that had something to do with the goddamn song?
Sir Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 00:09   #1947
CLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Croft View Post
I have mixed feelings about the video. While it's undeniably pretty with great scenes and choreography, what the hell happened to videos that had something to do with the goddamn song?
In some weird, far fetched way it kind of does. Think about it, a creature from a swamp travels long distances to find a partner, after she fails she retreats back to her home, just as lonely as when she set out. (This being a music video she decides to have a bit of a dance along the way, too.)

This is my interpretation of the video, it might be complete bull****, but it makes sense in my eyes and ties the whole thing together.
CLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 03:18   #1948
danny.rex

^ that

How related you want it to be to the lyrics? Its a great dance video for a great dance song, and I think it does relate to the "I've been everywhere man, looking for someone". Just because she isn't shown getting on with someone doesn't mean it doesn't relate, I find the video a great fit for the song.
danny.rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 21:20   #1949
LaraDuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLF View Post
In some weird, far fetched way it kind of does. Think about it, a creature from a swamp travels long distances to find a partner, after she fails she retreats back to her home, just as lonely as when she set out. (This being a music video she decides to have a bit of a dance along the way, too.)

This is my interpretation of the video, it might be complete bull****, but it makes sense in my eyes and ties the whole thing together.
Or the dancing could have been a courtship ritual she used in each area to attract a mate.
LaraDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 21:49   #1950
Sir Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLF View Post

Hm, that's actually quite cool, it does make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny.rex View Post
^ that

How related you want it to be to the lyrics? Its a great dance video for a great dance song, and I think it does relate to the "I've been everywhere man, looking for someone". Just because she isn't shown getting on with someone doesn't mean it doesn't relate, I find the video a great fit for the song.
Well, it doesn't actually show her looking for someone, or who she found after all her life. Even if she doesn't actually achieve her goal.
Sir Croft is offline   Reply With Quote