Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 05-05-18, 20:29   #34761
BluenoseGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
You can play the game out of order?
Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
The default is playing it with flashbacks here and there, otherwise, I think if you beat the game, it lets you play the game in order.
Yeah and with the PS4 version you can play in chronological order right of the bat. I'm enjoying it way more this way.
BluenoseGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-18, 02:54   #34762
Yuna´s Wish

Final Fantasy VIII (PS classic on PS3)

While I patiently wait for Square to port the Steam version to the PS4.

Squall's name: Noctis
Rinoa's: Aranea (Lunafreya is 2 letters longer than it's permitted, and I don't like "Luna")
Angelo's: Umbra (it could have been Pryna, I guess)

Currently on Timber after Seifer attempts whatever it was he meant to do with President Deling and Edea shows up
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-18, 19:18   #34763
Quebsenuef

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game
I haven’t played it in YEARS and I forgot how much I LOVE 2D side scroller fighting games. There needs to be more of this! I’m happy I got the Knives Chau DLC as she’s my favorite character! I wish I would’ve got the Wallace DLC though. He throws rainbow punches bc he’s gay and I NEED that hahahahaha
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-18, 23:14   #34764
domino92

Deus Ex

Trying for a no-kill run. The game definitely gives you the tools, but requires skill to use them. As opposed to my no-kill Mankind Divided run on my first playthrough, which was pretty easy.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-18, 22:25   #34765
Nigel Cassidy

I'm playing Assassin's Creed Origins. Picked it up for half the price at the store.

So far I'm having a good time. Egypt looks good and the time period in which it is set I think was a good choice, because now we have the ancient Egyptian culture as well as the Greek and I assume later on the Romans will show up as well... Everything looks very historically accurate, except that the women in ancient Egypt were mostly topless, you can't have that in a videogame of course and so now they're walking around in these strange halter bikini tops that look really out of place for the time period. I'm also not sure about the camels. But it's great to see that the Egyptians are not black like half of the comment section in a Youtube video on ancient Egypt claims, and not white like the other half claims, they look exactly like Egyptians should.

Bayek is no Ezio, but I like that he's good with kids and has respect for some authority figures and religion. The reason I like that is not because I think those things should always be respected, but because the rules of cliche writing dictate that an action hero should be too badass for that. But there's none of that here.

I also like that I can use a spear, my favourite ancient/medieval weapon and woefully neglected by historical films and games.

Last edited by Nigel Cassidy; 11-05-18 at 22:26.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-18, 19:59   #34766
Fantasy

I started playing Ratchet & Clank on the PS4 and I LOVE it!
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-18, 04:44   #34767
tpboy

Skyrim
tpboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-18, 09:51   #34768
Yuna´s Wish

Dark Souls (PS3)

I guess I couldn't wait a few more days

Just killed Kalameet and Manus, the last bosses left before Gwyn. I might do some clean-up before Gwyn. My only horrible mistake: Rhea of Thorolund died :/ I always forget about her!!!
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-18, 20:55   #34769
dcw123

The Walking Dead collection on PS4.

Never played the original back in 2012 and the comic style cel shade graphics put me off it..

But damn this game is great. Amazing story so far and I love how major or minor the choices you make can be.
Some shocking moments and truely heart wrenching stuff at times..
Still would have preferred realistic graphics - the comic style does take away from the horror and tension somewhat.. though its still pretty decent.

Finally a game with some challenges - finding key items and the right path to safely progress can be hard at times. I miss that in games.. reminded me a lot of Forbidden Siren series
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-18, 10:29   #34770
PS3_Gamer

Still playing Yakuza 2 and reached chapter 12 on a total of 16 chapters. I think that Yakuza 2 is probably the best in the Yakuza series.

I started Yakuza 3 and 4 a few years ago but never finished them, but Yakuza 2 is so good that I'm pretty sure I'll finish it. Most people recommend Yakuza 0 for people who never played these games and want to get in the series, but I think that Yakuza 2 might even be better, except for the dated PS2 graphics (but still quite good) if you play it on that console.
PS3_Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote