www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 18-05-18, 09:13   #41
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
Trinity is possibly the best thing to come from the reboot stories. It gets redundant to keep making new villains all the time out of nowhere, so creating an organization is really smart.
Completely agree. Having one consistent big enemy over the course of 3 games is so much better than a different organisation / group of villains each game IMO. With Trinity, there's so many different factions and subordinates that they can still have fresh villains without ending the whole organisation altogether which is a little unrealistic anyway.

Like in the Batman trilogy, the league of shadows is the main antagonist group over the course of the entire 1st film and 3rd film.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-18, 09:29   #42
kiersaint
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with everything you’ve said
Thank you!
kiersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-18, 09:29   #43
Lyle Croft
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
I hope Lara's gonna end em up, I don't wanna see trinity again in the next game, I'm very faithful in Lara, she said "I can make a difference, Aih can make the RIGHT difference! \(*○*)"
*starts a Mayan apocalypse*
Well she did make the right difference then.
Old 18-05-18, 09:37   #44
Vaskito
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiersaint View Post
Thank you!
Seriously, you could have not explained it any better. To me it doesn't make sense for her to able to take down an organization that exists for centuries. I hope they are still present in the universe, even if they don't show up in a couple of games (assuming the Survivor era will span many games before it gets shelved, or rebooted again). I want her to always have them in the back of her head. Causing frustration, making her thinking about what she must do to outsmart them, and her being afraid they could show up anytime

Last edited by Vaskito; 18-05-18 at 09:39.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-18, 10:31   #45
Yeauxleaux
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Seriously, you could have not explained it any better. To me it doesn't make sense for her to able to take down an organization that exists for centuries. I hope they are still present in the universe, even if they don't show up in a couple of games (assuming the Survivor era will span many games before it gets shelved, or rebooted again). I want her to always have them in the back of her head. Causing frustration, making her thinking about what she must do to outsmart them, and her being afraid they could show up anytime
It could work, but they have to be careful, because that could get old quick. It could get to the point where we start rolling our eyes like "oh Trinity again".

This is especially for a "realistic" game. I think here, it would be better to only bring them back occasionally as some shock plot twist moment, it would make their return more impactful when they are back again. I think having Lara face them game after game would only work for a cartoon-y type of series with episodic matinee-like adventures.
Old 18-05-18, 10:52   #46
Vaskito
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
It could work, but they have to be careful, because that could get old quick. It could get to the point where we start rolling our eyes like "oh Trinity again".

This is especially for a "realistic" game. I think here, it would be better to only bring them back occasionally as some shock plot twist moment, it would make their return more impactful when they are back again. I think having Lara face them game after game would only work for a cartoon-y type of series with episodic matinee-like adventures.
That's why I've said they could simply be toned down, or not even appear for a whie so it's not overdone.

Also, a bit off-topic, but I think you are taking the "realistic" reboot approach too literaly :P I think "realistic" is used to describe some parts of the games, in the sense of making some stuff more believable, but not real
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-18, 19:17   #47
robm_2007
Legend

I wouldn't mind Trinity existing as a minor antagonist after Sottr, but like said above, how is she (one person), going to take down a whole cult-like organization that predates even her own bloodline, with way more money, power, resources, men, in Sottr ---

Oh who are we kidding. This new Marry Sue Lara could take down the Roman empire with just an orange peel. She committed a small genocide on Yamatai basically just on her "amateur" own, so I can imagine she'll be able to destroy Trinity at the end of the games, despite not really getting close to them at all in the first two games.

If there were traces of Trinity after Sottr, but not being the main "big bad", I wouldn't mind. Like if there's some main villain, and using remnants of Trinity as an ally, or these remnants are at odds with Lara and others. Basically them be scattered and generally dissolved from a main "Trinity", each trying to survive as is, and going after jobs in some vain attempt to revive themselves to former glory. That's fine. But maybe kill them off just to get them out of the way would be better in the long run.

Last edited by robm_2007; 18-05-18 at 19:19.
robm_2007 is online now   Reply With Quote