www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old Yesterday, 17:03   #12131
Kivlov
Student

I watched the Tomb Raider recently. And my first impression was - it's a crap! Even old movies with Angelina were much better! And of course the fan movies, which are 100 times better! I think it was a mistake to take TR (2013) story as a base for the movie - too narrow frames for the scenario and directing maneuvers (just for one movie).

And it's not because I like the classical TR series more than the 2nd reboot - it's not the reason why I didn't like the new movie. I have not so many claims to the TR (2013) game, but I have a lot to this new movie based on this game.

Later I calmed down a bit and started to judge it not so radically. Maybe it's not the worst screen adaptation ever, but it could be much much better. The movie was too simple, too sketchy, too short (especially for the story of the original game), and that's why it turned out too boring IMHO.

I think it would be better if they created an original story for the movie. Otherwise, even this 20 minutes fan's movie looks much more interesting and better - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnQTW9V61jo

However, I still hope we'll see a continue, as the ending was a tribute to the classics too (as it was already posted here):

Old Yesterday, 17:38   #12132
Soma Holiday
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by **LARA LOVER** View Post
Kinda off topic sorry, but have anyone ever found these images in better quality? Iíve never seen the full shot with Angelinas boots and legs from the first movie. [IMG][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/LVdPBDk_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=me dium]
My lord her legs look insanely long in the shorts!! I know jolie has long limbs but thats crazy looking!!! If only they hadnt gothed her up so much she'd have looked amazing...but no i havent seen those. You could probably scan the cover and photoshop the bottom of the feet onto the CoL one since its mostly shown on the official covers. The other one would be tough though.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:44   #12133
2001LC20
Archaeologist

*ignores the 12131th post*

I hope they are teasing us for real and it will do really well on DVD sales so we will get our sequel
Old Yesterday, 17:48   #12134
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

I'm really starting to question some people tastes online.
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:10   #12135
SoraSakai
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivlov View Post
I watched the Tomb Raider recently. And my first impression was - it's a crap! Even old movies with Angelina were much better! And of course the fan movies, which are 100 times better! I think it was a mistake to take TR (2013) story as a base for the movie - too narrow frames for the scenario and directing maneuvers (just for one movie).

And it's not because I like the classical TR series more than the 2nd reboot - it's not the reason why I didn't like the new movie. I have not so many claims to the TR (2013) game, but I have a lot to this new movie based on this game.

Later I calmed down a bit and started to judge it not so radically. Maybe it's not the worst screen adaptation ever, but it could be much much better. The movie was too simple, too sketchy, too short (especially for the story of the original game), and that's why it turned out too boring IMHO.

I think it would be better if they created an original story for the movie. Otherwise, even this 20 minutes fan's movie looks much more interesting and better - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnQTW9V61jo

However, I still hope we'll see a continue, as the ending was a tribute to the classics too (as it was already posted here):

I'm sorry... I couldn't understand this >.<
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote