www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 09-05-18, 22:24   #11
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

The collectibles are my fav part, I still don't understand how fans complain about them
Old 09-05-18, 22:27   #12
Mickybyrne20
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
The collectibles are my fav part, I still don't understand how fans complain about them
What? How? They're so pointless, and mediocre. I like finding trinkets, but 1. they're not hidden 2. Don't have much depth to them 3. Some artifacts she should be able to use. Like the whistle arrow.
Old 09-05-18, 22:41   #13
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 View Post
What? How? They're so pointless, and mediocre. I like finding trinkets, but 1. they're not hidden 2. Don't have much depth to them 3. Some artifacts she should be able to use. Like the whistle arrow.
After the main story in Rise I went back to collecting and got 100% on the game. It felt much more like tomb raider, even gave me classic vibes. I spent about 20 additional hours just exploring and finding a collectible felt rewarding. No cutscenes interruptions, just solitude. Lara exploring.

How could you not like that? And if you don't like it, how could you care enough to want them out when no one forces you to collect stuff?
Old 09-05-18, 22:45   #14
2001LC20
Relic Hunter

Quote:
After the main story in Rise I went back to collecting and got 100% on the game. It felt much more like tomb raider, even gave me classic vibes. I spent about 20 additional hours just exploring and finding a collectible felt rewarding. No cutscenes interruptions, just solitude. Lara exploring.

How could you not like that? And if you don't like it, how could you care enough to want them out when no one forces you to collect stuff?
Collecting them after game was pretty cool imo but i want it to be like Witcher 3 too so much things to do not just collectibles but of course i want them too
Old 09-05-18, 22:52   #15
Portugalraider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Think it is most because there are like, so so many, and most don't serve any purpose other than 100% the game.

I think if, for example, you could trade the collectibles for new weapons/gear/outfits/upgrades, instead of using another random collectible which are the gold coins, people would be more open to them. Like, have the better hidden ones more valuable than the ones who are just there, maybe have some of the weapons/gear/outfits/upgrades only purchasable if you find a specific artefact. They would become more interesting. Besides, Lara is a Tomb Raider: illegally selling/trading artifacts (or at least the non-interesting ones in Lara's case) should be something she should do.
Old 09-05-18, 22:55   #16
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Think it is most because there are like, so so many, and most don't serve any purpose other than 100% the game.

I think if, for example, you could trade the collectibles for new weapons/gear/outfits/upgrades, instead of using another random collectible which are the gold coins, people would be more open to them. Like, have the better hidden ones more valuable than the ones who are just there, maybe have some of the weapons/gear/outfits/upgrades only purchasable if you find a specific artefact. They would become more interesting. Besides, Lara is a Tomb Raider: illegally selling/trading artifacts (or at least the non-interesting ones in Lara's case) should be something she should do.
Ok so you aren't opposed to collectibles, you just want to see more rewards for them? I think that's cool Getting 100% on all collectibles should unlock some legendary outfit, like a favorite remade from classic games (South Pacific, Area 51, Sola Wetsuit, etc). That would be such a good way for the hardcore fans to get excited
Old 09-05-18, 22:59   #17
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

I LOVE the relics and documents as they're pretty interesting and makes you more immersed in the game world and story (the relics in particular were the best in showcasing the academic aspect of Lara) , but the GPS caches and strongboxes were completely unnecessary , so where the "side challenges" and whatnot (like shooting dead rabbits and throwing chickens in their coop) , I did them anyway though , just to fulfill my gamer's OCD
Old 09-05-18, 23:13   #18
Costel
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
I LOVE the relics and documents as they're pretty interesting and makes you more immersed in the game world and story (the relics in particular were the best in showcasing the academic aspect of Lara) , but the GPS caches and strongboxes were completely unnecessary , so where the "side challenges" and whatnot (like shooting dead rabbits and throwing chickens in their coop) , I did them anyway though , just to fulfill my gamer's OCD
You did not enjoy chasing chickens, caching and throw them in the coop?
Old 09-05-18, 23:21   #19
trfan16
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Agree, I love the relics and documents in particular. I like having some backstory about each of the locations you visit. I would've loved to see something similar in the Classic games. My only complaint was that some of the documents were filler and pointless. I think we can do without the life story behind each villager.

I never cared for the caches or map pieces though. I wouldn't lose any sleep if they were gone in Shadow.
trfan16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 00:22   #20
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

Lara being funnier/sassier and not be serious all the time was something requested that they confirmed.

Also confirmed I believe are deadly traps inside the tombs. Rise traps were underwhelming and it seems like they acknowledged that.

Some people hated how Lara looked constipated and in constant fear and wanted a more badass expression on her face. They fixed that too.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote