Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 21-02-17, 23:14   #24181
Linoshi Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I'm playing FF10 HD Remaster and so far it is quickly becoming one of my favorite games of all time.
I'm actually playing that now. The sphere grid system makes absolutely no sense! I have completely no idea what to do with it.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-17, 23:23   #24182
Uzi master

If you're playing on the normal grid, each character but Khimari has a more or less linear path to follow, with a few side paths. Pretty much just follow that path to the end then do what you want. If you don't have the spheres to activate a node, wait until you do unless it's a luck node. If there's a lock with some good abilities or stat bonuses behind it you may want to wait for those too.

Send Khimari down Rikku's path, the one with steal, most useful honestly. I also recommend using Black Magic spheres with Yuna when you get some, she has higher magic and speed than Lulu, so you can make her more or less obsolete in the last third or so of the game.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-17, 08:28   #24183
fondantcookie

I've played all main entry FF games (except 11) and I don't understand the appeal of FFX...

It was the first game to abolish the world map and become linear.

I liked the sphere grid and the battle system but it was WAY too easy (yes, even the Dark Aeons)....

To me FFX marked the end of the "Classic" FF formula which has since been diluted in a variety of ways through 11 to 15...

Oh, and WTF was FFX-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
I'm actually playing that now. The sphere grid system makes absolutely no sense! I have completely no idea what to do with it.
Sphere grid is easy. You get AP in battle (active characters only) which turns into Sphere Levels. You can use your sphere levels to move around the board (one space per sphere level). As you move between the nodes you can "activate" each node and therefore gain that particular attribute/skill (ie Strength +4, HP +300). To activate a node you need to use either a Power, Mana, Speed, Ability or Fortune sphere (which you get in battle):

◾Power Sphere - Activates Strength, Defense, and HP Nodes.
◾Mana Sphere - Activates Magic Power, Magic Resistance, and MP Nodes.
◾Speed Sphere - Activates Agility, Accuracy, and Evasion Nodes.
◾Ability Sphere - Activates Skill, Special, and Magic Nodes.
◾Fortune Sphere - Activates Luck Nodes.

The colours represent the characters and show which nodes they have activated.

You will also acquire spheres as you play the game (ie, Magic, Accuracy, Evasion, MP, Luck, Strength, HP). You can put these in the empty nodes on the sphere grid for a +4 attribute.

Lastly, later on you are able to remove nodes and add in new ones later on too. So you can essentially remove a Strength +1 node and change it for a Strength +4 node (using a strength sphere just mentioned). This is how you go about "Maxing" the sphere grid and getting all characters to maximum attributes...

(Oh, and there are certain sections that require "Key Spheres" to open. You'll get these later on in chests and in battle.

Last edited by fondantcookie; 22-02-17 at 08:41.
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-17, 10:55   #24184
ajrich17901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
What would you guys say is the best FF to start with? I think its quite a hard question to answer.
9 for sure, it packs all the good things about ff into one solid package.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-17, 15:08   #24185
fondantcookie

In other news I am now level 120 in FFXV (thank you Ragnarok and Timed Quest)

I've successfully:
Caught all Fish
Cooked all Recipes
Completed all Missions
Completed all Hunts
Unlocked every door (Menace Beneath...)
Maxed the Ascension Grid
Got all the Key Items from the Festival
Got every item from the Arena

The only thing I don't think I've done yet is manage to get a Magitek Armour V2, which I will farm the weekend...

Still bloody love this game, and loving the PS4 Pro patch
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-17, 23:45   #24186
ultima espio

Georgia Van Cuylenburg (Vanille) is streaming FFXIII again if anyone wants to watch:

https://www.twitch.tv/georgiavanc

Someone is working on the model format for XV, and he's found vsXIII Noctis:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5ZatqWVAAEwRZa.jpg:large

Last edited by ultima espio; 26-02-17 at 20:30.
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-17, 22:23   #24187
ultima espio

Info about Episode Gladiolus and Chapter 13 update:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-sawatari.aspx

"We’ve added a separate route for Gladio and Ignis after they get split off from Noctis, so you actually get to play as Gladio, and see what happened from their side of things until they reunited with Noctis. You’ll see some additional cutscenes [that] just show you what took place while Noctis was kind of on his own. You’ll get some actual gameplay with the party of Gladio and Ignis together. You’ll see what happened to Emperor Aldercapt and Revis, and where they ended up being during the whole time. These are just the supplementary scenes that were added into chapter 13, and that’s just for chapter 13. But aside from that, we’re overhauling the ring magic, so the three spells that you could use with the Ring of the Lucii, those are completely powerful now, like super powerful now. So those are some other things to look forward to."
Old 14-03-17, 23:23   #24188
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultima espio View Post
Georgia Van Cuylenburg (Vanille) is streaming FFXIII again if anyone wants to watch:

https://www.twitch.tv/georgiavanc

Someone is working on the model format for XV, and he's found vsXIII Noctis:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5ZatqWVAAEwRZa.jpg:large
You know what, I'm not surprised people are looking to tear that game wide open. I can't wait!

Maybe Stella's model is on the disc too....
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-17, 20:20   #24189
Yuna´s Wish

The Malbodooms and the Dread Behemoth were lovely! I missed the first hunt, unfortunately

I can't imagine levelling up to lvl 120 any time soon. I'm still at lvl 99 and guessing from the amount of EXP needed, I'll be at it for maaaany hunts to come.
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-17, 13:14   #24190
ultima espio

FFXV: Episode Kenny announced. Players take control of Kenny the Crow in this brand new DLC! Footage below:

https://twitter.com/FFXVJP/status/847992699101650944

Last edited by ultima espio; 01-04-17 at 13:33.