www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 11-10-17, 15:23   #16901
Dustie
Relic Hunter

if "pink" areas in textures show up as black in the texture panel, then they have the right color value... but that should become completely transparent when applied to a face.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 15:48   #16902
sampiza
Student

Really weird idk,i dowloaded these textures on tr search.
sampiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 15:58   #16903
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

but these look flawless..
Old 11-10-17, 16:13   #16904
sampiza
Student

So there's no way to fix this? Sad
sampiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 16:22   #16905
LoreRaider
Explorer

You have to connect the whole part of the room and then use Toggle Opacity on the connection you did, on both sides
Old 11-10-17, 19:26   #16906
A_De
Explorer

I need a suggestion about humanoid enemy with melee attack as a primary. The secondary is magic (optional, scriptable). The enemy is mortal but can restore his hp. Which slot could be suitable? Better if the enemy can perform as many different animations ingame as possible. The links to some good humanoid custom enemies are welcome, meshes do not matter as they can be altered

Edit: and also need help about creative using of centry_gun

Last edited by A_De; 11-10-17 at 19:37.
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 21:49   #16907
Opaque79
Explorer

I have nowhere else to express this so here goes.

My current project is falling into the junk zone (as I call it now). Meaning there are a lot of negatives about it and no idea what to do anymore. I love what I have built, I really do. But 102 rooms and 7 minutes of gameplay shoots it down greatly.

Am I trying too hard to please all TR custom level fans out there?

EDIT: The editor is a very addictive piece of software and I can't stay away. Not even for a single day. That may be another reason.

Last edited by Opaque79; 12-10-17 at 21:55.
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 22:06   #16908
Danath
Explorer

Wink

@Opaque:
My opinion: build whatever you want to build. It's your project after all. Think about what you would like to see on the level and make it the way you like. And think how can you use the objects/enemies/traps, etc. to make something that appeals to you.

Watching videos made about my levelset, i saw a lot of moaning about pushblocks and the water "maze" ( which isn't ), but i'm not going to change what i want to do based on opinion. I like those elements and so i included them, we can debate about how they are used, sure.
Also, sorry for the offtopic, but i don't get why people insist on not using harpoons for underwater enemies. You can use the roll button underwater....
Old 12-10-17, 22:13   #16909
Kapu
Professor

Default @Opaque79

When I run into the problem you're facing, I make a copy of my project and start to make changes. Say I have a room that I'm really pleased with that turned out really nicely, but I'm unhappy with the gameplay. I don't want to lose the good work I've done, so I take the copy project and start to edit that instead. Adding new platforming sequences, putting in different objects, changing doors, etc. I find playing other games gives me a lot of inspiration. I'm replaying Primal for PS2 and getting some good ideas. For example, there's this sequence where you need to pick up several heavy objects and place them on a deteriorating section of floor to break it and fall through to the room below it. A simple little puzzle, and I thought "neat, I could adapt that into the TRLE." Next I would take that idea, review the rooms I've built and decide where the best place to put that kind of puzzle would be. How can I adapt it to fit with the existing gamplay? Pick a room, try it out, and see if it works. Sometimes it won't, and it'll feel like you're tacking on extra things that just don't fit. So you tweak it, try another room, experiment. If something sticks, I keep it, if not, I still have my original project.

EDIT: With 107 rooms, you must have a lot of environment built. I'm sure there's plenty of places to add new gameplay. Classic TR gameplay often uses doors as road blocks. The player typically has to pull some kind of switch or collect and insert a key/puzzle object into a hole in order to progress. Take that idea and see if you can adapt it into your environment.

Also, TR is all about platforming. It can be easy to make a lot of rooms that Lara just ends up running through. When I end up doing that, I'll break those rooms apart in the middle, raise one section by 20 clicks or so, and add a vertical shaft in between them. Fill the vertical shaft with some platforming and viola, your empty, gameplay lacking corridor is no more.

Last edited by Kapu; 12-10-17 at 22:21.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 22:18   #16910
Opaque79
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
@Opaque:
My opinion: build whatever you want to build. It's your project after all. Think about what you would like to see on the level and make it the way you like. And think how can you use the objects/enemies/traps, etc. to make something that appeals to you.
You're right. Even if I try to build what I want, previous comment on my previous levels always make me think twice about it and therefore ending up in this situation.

Quote:
Watching videos made about my levelset, i saw a lot of moaning about pushblocks and the water "maze" ( which isn't ), but i'm not going to change what i want to do based on opinion. I like those elements and so i included them, we can debate about how they are used, sure.
I'm the opposite when it comes to that. I'm not a huge fan of pushblocks but if they're in a level, I just accept that it is what the builder wanted. But for some reason when building levels, I always want to please everyone. It's strange ,I know.

Quote:
Also, sorry for the offtopic, but i don't get why people insist on not using harpoons for underwater enemies. You can use the roll button underwater....
I can explain that. It's probably the slow rate of fire and reload time (that's my opinion anyway).
Regardless, I use the harpoon gun occasionally.
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote