www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-10-17, 09:27   #11
mathew9r
Professor
 
mathew9r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the depths of Hell, waiting.
Posts: 3,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentRain View Post
So I am at the last boss in the Hell level, and I unloaded all my 95 cross bolt ammo on Seth, right?

And now all of a sudden he's running against the wall, not attacking me, nor can I lock on to him anymore. What the hell is going on? Is this another bug?

The game, while kind of fun, is unpolished beyond belief.
Now that doesn't seem like it should happen? All my tests involved him dying regardless to what he was doing without failing, does he still do this after a reload?

His HP is 750 and bolts are 12 dmg so it should really only take 63 bolts ,_,

Also could you explain what you mean by unpolished?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggettMcDog View Post
Hi Matthew
I've noticed your game right at this time
As my walkthroughs are always complete (I mean Secrets of Every Level)
Can I Know the Number of Secrets of Every Level? The game looks great!

PS: Path to Damnation is the game Number 3000 of TRLE.net :3
Not many secret areas I'm afraid this time round, 1 for the first level, 2 for the second and 1 for the third, forth and fifth don't contain any.

Also aye I noticed that first thing on the link

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
Made a start on this, not sure if you are allowed off the cliff edge, as I did this right away after visiting the pool room, and I got to the lower ground area, (by doing a sneaky hang drop and instant roll at bottom to save on energy) and there is just death zones everywhere. Lara just dies. Think I have skipped something by doing this, and going the wrong way, so starting again

Nice looking level though
I was wondering when someone would find that, basically due to limits I was forced to cut some death triggers out, but leave it to you to discover it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
This is a nice surprise! I didn't realize you were so far near completion when you started showing this project off. I'm giving it a download right now.
Usually I never announce anything till it's finished now a days, it's a way to keep things a surprise and not cause hype.
__________________
Path to Damnation - Horror/Adventure levelset.

Last edited by mathew9r; 08-10-17 at 09:34.
mathew9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-17, 10:41   #12
DoggettMcDog
Hobbyist
 
DoggettMcDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Italy
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew9r View Post
Not many secret areas I'm afraid this time round, 1 for the first level, 2 for the second and 1 for the third, forth and fifth don't contain any.

Also aye I noticed that first thing on the link
Thank you so much!!! <3<3<3
DoggettMcDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-17, 11:14   #13
SilentRain
Student
 
SilentRain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew9r View Post
Now that doesn't seem like it should happen? All my tests involved him dying regardless to what he was doing without failing, does he still do this after a reload?

His HP is 750 and bolts are 12 dmg so it should really only take 63 bolts ,_,

Also could you explain what you mean by unpolished?
Well, I reloaded, and beat him again, this time he died. The game was quite short though, I beat it within an hour. What a shame, I wish it was longer.

Well, about the unpolished part; I saw that the list of bugs that concerned me a bit, and also, the fact that you added ''death zones'' on reachable areas. I could forgive it in the first level, but in ''Abandoned Bridge'' I randomly died for safely dropping down below the bridge, even though that's what you were suppose to do later when you open the gate with the crowbar. T_T

On a bright note, I loved the opening cutscene, and the ''first person'' one in the second. I thought they were very well done. And the fact that night fell when you reached the manor? Very atmospheric and creepy.

Although...Having the final epilogue be a simple text on screen? Kind lazy, don't you think?
__________________
Don't start no drama, won't be no drama.

Last edited by SilentRain; 08-10-17 at 11:22.
SilentRain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-17, 12:35   #14
mathew9r
Professor
 
mathew9r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the depths of Hell, waiting.
Posts: 3,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentRain View Post
1/ Well, I reloaded, and beat him again, this time he died. The game was quite short though, I beat it within an hour. What a shame, I wish it was longer.

2/ Well, about the unpolished part; I saw that the list of bugs that concerned me a bit, and also, the fact that you added ''death zones'' on reachable areas. I could forgive it in the first level, but in ''Abandoned Bridge'' I randomly died for safely dropping down below the bridge, even though that's what you were suppose to do later when you open the gate with the crowbar. T_T

3/ On a bright note, I loved the opening cutscene, and the ''first person'' one in the second. I thought they were very well done. And the fact that night fell when you reached the manor? Very atmospheric and creepy.

4/ Although...Having the final epilogue be a simple text on screen? Kind lazy, don't you think?
1/ Phew thought it was broken at first, but glad reloading fixed that.
Not exactly an expert when it comes to stretching it out to be fair, I'm more like a DLC type of length, mainly because I kinda want to try and link all the stuff I work on together like a trilogy or somesort, I do agree with the short remark though, personally I wish I could have made it longer but the ideas and such dried up near the end

2/ Glad you clarified that, yeah most things I did try to fix but eventually I had to give up, most of it is kinda engine related anyway, the death zone in the bridge is kind of an easy way out as due to the length ropes, I was forced to keep the height of the bridge as it is and because I didn't want people skipping part of the level, I threw in some deathzone flipmaps.

3/ Glad you enjoyed the cutscenes, personally with me not being an expert at animating(and the fact that the animation program is crashhappy) I tried a crack at first person mode, turns out it worked really well so kept it like it is.
Mmm yes the night transition was there to help keep that dark and gritty Atmostphere, glad someone was able to point that out!

4/ Now yes I do agree with the epilouge being cheap and lazy, however this doesn't mean it won't be made into a new levelset when I plan some more ideas up next year to act as the trilogy from "Temple of the Moon"

Glad you enjoyed it in the end!
__________________
Path to Damnation - Horror/Adventure levelset.

Last edited by mathew9r; 08-10-17 at 17:16.
mathew9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-17, 10:20   #15
mathew9r
Professor
 
mathew9r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the depths of Hell, waiting.
Posts: 3,031
Default

I should have actually said this before but people are welcome to host this on their level sharing website provided that I get full name credits and this thread is linked.

Also to have the site link posted here so I may add it to the download list
__________________
Path to Damnation - Horror/Adventure levelset.
mathew9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 11:34   #16
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One
 
The Great Chi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Beyond the Floating Islands
Posts: 8,738
Default

Finished the game now, its really good and challenging

I got lost at the start by dropping down off the cliff to the lower level, and Lara kept dying with death zones, so knew I had to start again and use the 'dynamite' route, and what a bang that was :

The only downside to me of the game, is that it is very (very) dark and difficult to see in places, I kept using up all my flares. Then I had to turn the brightness up on my monitor in some locations to actually see what Lara should be doing, especially the first level inside the very dark cave with the swing rope. It was so easy to not see pickups in there and other locations, and had to occasionally revert to a visual walkthrough on Youtube, so that I did not miss out on essential items, and have to backtrack to get them, Grrrh!

The first person view on the abandoned bridge was very interesting and it gave a spooky atmosphere to the escape run. (no idea how that was made. When I do cutscenes like that in my Youtube videos, I use an invisible Lara ).

There was also not too much backtracking in the game, which again is good.
Fighting the Setha with only arrows was challenging, but got there after many failed attempts to avoid getting too many hits, required a lot of sneaky fast turns by Lara which again I learned from the guy who made the Youtube video who seemed to be an expert at fighting.

Overall a very playable game, full of atmosphere, the storyline using the diary for clues and information was a brilliant idea, and I think you will end up with an overall score between 8 and 9 in TRLE, which is very good going.

Well done Mathew
__________________
Humble words by The Great Chi
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 18:40   #17
mathew9r
Professor
 
mathew9r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the depths of Hell, waiting.
Posts: 3,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
Finished the game now, its really good and challenging

I got lost at the start by dropping down off the cliff to the lower level, and Lara kept dying with death zones, so knew I had to start again and use the 'dynamite' route, and what a bang that was :

The only downside to me of the game, is that it is very (very) dark and difficult to see in places, I kept using up all my flares. Then I had to turn the brightness up on my monitor in some locations to actually see what Lara should be doing, especially the first level inside the very dark cave with the swing rope. It was so easy to not see pickups in there and other locations, and had to occasionally revert to a visual walkthrough on Youtube, so that I did not miss out on essential items, and have to backtrack to get them, Grrrh!

The first person view on the abandoned bridge was very interesting and it gave a spooky atmosphere to the escape run. (no idea how that was made. When I do cutscenes like that in my Youtube videos, I use an invisible Lara ).

There was also not too much backtracking in the game, which again is good.
Fighting the Setha with only arrows was challenging, but got there after many failed attempts to avoid getting too many hits, required a lot of sneaky fast turns by Lara which again I learned from the guy who made the Youtube video who seemed to be an expert at fighting.

Overall a very playable game, full of atmosphere, the storyline using the diary for clues and information was a brilliant idea, and I think you will end up with an overall score between 8 and 9 in TRLE, which is very good going.

Well done Mathew
Glad to hear, brought a smile to my face, also yeah the whole dark lighting is mainly due to it looking different on my monitors, brighter even.

Surprised somebody has done a video walkthrough, normally I'm used to written but neat.
__________________
Path to Damnation - Horror/Adventure levelset.
mathew9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 21:07   #18
mathew9r
Professor
 
mathew9r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the depths of Hell, waiting.
Posts: 3,031
Default

I'm glad some people can complete this set, kind of annoyed to see reviews critize running out of ammo because there is enough throughout the set if you know how to use it well.

It's like a resident evil game, you have scarse ammo so you need to learn to conserve and use it well, not shoot it at the floor or wall like a silly billy, but I guess people don't really understand what survival is 😔
__________________
Path to Damnation - Horror/Adventure levelset.
mathew9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 22:51   #19
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One
 
The Great Chi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Beyond the Floating Islands
Posts: 8,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew9r View Post
Surprised somebody has done a video walkthrough, normally I'm used to written but neat.
Yeh, Dogget McDog who is a new member to TRF forums, and his video walkthroughs are very good...He has five videos for your game, one for each level, very useful if stuck......
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYw...Kkx6EQCk0sHn-g
__________________
Humble words by The Great Chi
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 23:20   #20
mathew9r
Professor
 
mathew9r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the depths of Hell, waiting.
Posts: 3,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
Yeh, Dogget McDog who is a new member to TRF forums, and his video walkthroughs are very good...He has five videos for your game, one for each level, very useful if stuck......
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYw...Kkx6EQCk0sHn-g
Ooo him he said about walkthrough but didn't know about the video ones, good on him :P
__________________
Path to Damnation - Horror/Adventure levelset.
mathew9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 17:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.