www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 12-10-17, 16:06   #731
Caesum
Tomb Raider

^ What mist effect?
Caesum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 16:13   #732
LaraCablara
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
^ What mist effect?
I think its the M button. It just adds wave lighting to a flat floor. I think its just called mist because if you use it with transparent floor textures it can look like that. For an example of it on the ceiling I think the little water room before you fight the three dragons in Rome has it.

Last edited by LaraCablara; 12-10-17 at 16:16.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 16:35   #733
FairFriend
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Currently imported geometry is not lit, but there are plans to implement automatic light generation during compiling phase. Otherwise it would have to be lit using external software, just like in the current meta2tr workflow.
I see. Automatic light generation would be a wonderful addition, imo. If I may give suggestion, I would suggest that the user should be able to decide whether the imported geometry should preserve its own vertex colors or whether it should be automatically lit. I think that both solutions would come in handy in different situations.
FairFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 18:13   #734
AWESOMO
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Wozu zuhören, wenn man reden kann?
Was würdest du sagen?
AWESOMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 18:22   #735
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairFriend View Post
I see. Automatic light generation would be a wonderful addition, imo. If I may give suggestion, I would suggest that the user should be able to decide whether the imported geometry should preserve its own vertex colors or whether it should be automatically lit. I think that both solutions would come in handy in different situations.
I'm convinced that would be the case, either you'll be able to import geometry with its own vertex colors lighting or without it and let TE generate it.

Generally custom geometry is an additional feature in comparison to all the rest of functionality, so it will be developed and enhanced as time goes on.

Last edited by Dustie; 12-10-17 at 18:24.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 21:10   #736
Nicklander
Student

Ok...I'm speechless, the progress here is incredible !
Please ALWAYS backup everything at at least 3 additional servers/locations (you never know).

I wonder how the OBJ import can be handled by such an old engine. Don't such features require a new engine ? How exactly will Open Lara or TRE affect the development of Tomb Editor ?
Nicklander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 21:18   #737
GeekOfComedy
Explorer

I think the way objects and statics can be manipulated will change the game entirely if I can have one plant bush object and use that for everything and the only other statics being "visual variety" and not "technical variety" like having multiples of the same bushes that look exactly the same but modified so their placed on different parts of the grid system.

Be great if the rotate feature applied vertically too so we can place objects on slopes.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 21:29   #738
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Yes this will most likely be especially useful with foliage, because being able to place objects freely or even have them included as part of the level mesh (for example if you don't need any collision for them) will decrease the amount of variations of the object needed in the WAD. As opposed to having the same plant only in slightly different position, you will be able to use the same one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklander View Post
I wonder how the OBJ import can be handled by such an old engine. Don't such features require a new engine ? How exactly will Open Lara or TRE affect the development of Tomb Editor ?
The engine only handles its own object format and the OBJ (or other files) are converted to it.

OpenLara is a custom engine, so we hope that in the future it will go beyond the rules of current Tomb Raider engine and level format and will introduce new features which we will be able to utilise with TombEditor.

By TRE do you mean the New Wad Editor/TREditor? It's basically a WAD editing program, so you can already use it as a replacement for WadMerger. WADs are still supported by TombEditor, although a new format is being developed (WAD2), so that we can customize how data is stored in it.

Last edited by Dustie; 12-10-17 at 21:35.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 22:37   #739
Sabatu
Explorer

Wad2 .. I Know Iam just tiring everyone but Will be possible to make levels for TRCH or TR1,2,3 ? DDD
Sabatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 23:28   #740
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWESOMO View Post
Was würdest du sagen?
Uhm, that's just my signature. It has nothing to do with the content of the post.